• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#21 thanos

thanos

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:57

Running in Windowed mode also got me past that first crash.

You're lucky then, because I also get a crash when I try to change between windowed or fullscreen, or even when I change resolution.

#22 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 15:00

RTG tweeted about a fix for some Linux and Mac problems about an hour ago. Maybe it will fix the crashing too.

#23 Krellzar

Krellzar

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 15:01

That would be awesome! Does anybody know how to get the patch?

#24 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 15:01

Since they didn't mention it, I wouldn't get my hope up yet.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#25 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 23 October 2014 - 17:09

That would be awesome! Does anybody know how to get the patch?

Steam will auto-update once RTG publish the patch. GOG and Humble will make updated versions available for download, but when that will happen is up to those sites.

Since they didn't mention it, I wouldn't get my hope up yet.

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to solve the problem, but it would be nice if our problem was somehow related to the fixed problem.
  • khh likes this

#26 Krellzar

Krellzar

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 17:32

I found this.. I'm not sure if it's a hoax or what, but it would be awesome if could solve the problem!

(censored)

Two problems.. I can't get to download it, and I'm not sure it's for Mac

#27 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 17:36

Hi there Krellzar.

That link was posted in 4 different threads at the same time earlier today, here on the forums. And we deleted those posts, so I just deleted your link.

As RTG have not said anything about this, and it's super short time after the release and I doubt it's for real, I would be very careful about downloading it.

These things are more likely to be malware of some sort, especially since everyone's desperate for something that works now.

Edit: The link was posted in four different threads with very different bug issues. AND over a time period of 3 minutes. Very suspicious.

• MichaelH, agirlnamedbob, khh and 2 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#28 Krellzar

Krellzar

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 17:39

You're probably right. Thanks.. Just super eager to get the game running again :)

• Tina likes this

#29 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:02

By the way, Morten just confirmed (in the report center) that it is not a working patch.

Just to make sure you know that (and anyone who may have seen it).

If anyone sees people posting those somewhere (I don't know where you found it, Krellzar) around the internet, please let them know it's bad.

• MichaelH, agirlnamedbob, khh and 1 other like this

#30 Krellzar

Krellzar

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:07

I will.. I just searched for Dreamfall Chapters Patch, and it popped up on the first page

• Tina likes this

#31 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:12

I will.. I just searched for Dreamfall Chapters Patch, and it popped up on the first page

Liked your post for the "I will", not for the patch being on the first page of google.. :/

• Krellzar likes this

#32 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:15

Liked your post for the "I will", not for the patch being on the first page of google.. :/

It's not any more. I also reported it to google as malware/phishing, so it's possible they will remove it.

• Tina likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#33 pagerunner

pagerunner

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 20:40

I'm on a somewhat older Mac, still running Snow Leopard, and I know I'm kinda skating along the edge of the minimum requirements, which is why I haven't posted much. Still, I did get through the first couple chapters as long as I set the graphics to Low, so I thought I might be able to get away with it. ;) Not so much, though. It's as soon as I leave Roman's office that everything falls apart. The Europolis frame rate is utterly dismal, I stop being able to select anything, and it crashes a lot. So my experience sounds comparable to the rest of the thread.  

• DraicDreamer likes this

#34 4cmn

4cmn

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 21:11

I have the same thing. Crashes seem not to be affected by level of details, quality or the resolution.

I am on MacBook Pro, Late 2013. 2,3 GHz i7, 16gb 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Pro 2024 MB, OS X 10.9.2

#35 shaark

shaark

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:56

Crashing at the loading screen

Attached Files

#36 checkmyfunk

checkmyfunk

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:18

Cannot get past therapist's room, the game always crashes no matter if in the full screen mode or not and with different settings.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

#37 DraicDreamer

DraicDreamer

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:25

Almost the same thing here, except that the game doesn't crash to the desktop -- it simply freezes after I click "Continue" from the main menu, and I have to force quit. Or maybe I'm just impatient, but this is after ~5 minutes of waiting, forlornly staring at that black loading screen that says "Dreamfall Chapters", with the Balance symbol that's supposed to be spinning in the lower-right.

Weirdly, this didn't happen at first. I was able to play as far as

Spoiler
Now, consistent freezing. Out of perhaps 20 attempts, the game only successfully loaded twice, at which point there were a few painful chugging frames of gameplay and then it froze anyway.

I have a mid-2010 iMac, running Mavericks. Going to update to Yosemite and see if anything changes.

Could be due to Yosemite, since it was only recently released. Based on the (limited) information we have here, it seems like the people (person?) running 10.9 Mavericks are actually able to progress into the game itself, rather than crashing straight after the loading screen. (Although the crash still happens, eventually.)

Even if this is the case, my "success" with Mavericks (i.e., not crashing, just freezing) is something I'm willing to risk.

#38 Ozangel

Ozangel

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:21

Game crashes everytime I try to exit the therapists office, while loading the next part of the game. Have tried runnig on lowest res and in windowed mode but nothing works. am playing the game thru steam. any suggestions?

I am running windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core i5 750 @ 266 GHz

4 G Ram

32 bit

Nivida GForce 9800 GT

#39 pagerunner

pagerunner

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:29

Further experimentation tonight got me two crashes: one from the initial loading screen when I tried to hit space to bypass it, once from loading Europolis. (The crash logs are attached; my specs are at the end. crashlog2 is the crash I got when hitting space at the Red Thread logo. The other one is Europolis.)

On the third try, I got the settings changed so that it was running in windowed mode with low graphics, and I turned antialiasing off. At that point, the game was SORT of playable -- at least it didn't crash, and I could talk to people and do a couple things -- although it was still chugging along so slowly and choppily that it was giving me a headache. I quit after I managed to maneuver, not without difficulty, to the map. 

Interesting additional quirk: the game apparently developed an allergy to the letter B, resulting in on-screen text about the "illboard" and the "ingo!" ad. Not sure what rought...ahem...brought that on. ;)

In any case -- again, I know, my computer's not great, but here's hoping the info helps. I also had Activity Monitor running in the background -- that and TextEdit were the only other programs that were open -- and the CPU stats were hovering around 20% system, 30% user, 50% idle.

Attached Files

• Krellzar likes this

#40 Ozangel

Ozangel

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:44

I found the crash logs to my previous post. Hope this helps.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bugs, OS X, Crash, Dreamfall Chapters, DFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users