#1 soloblast

soloblast

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:02

Quick note for any devs on the forum:

This is just to let you know that the OS X version of DFC is still crashing for me. I am aware that there was a delay in pushing out the release version of DFC because of a similar bug, but I don't know whether this is the same issue (or not). The point at which the crash occurs is after

-"Start Game"

-<Insert Introduction Video Here>

-"Now Loading" (with wheel spinning, etc.)

-*CRASH HAPPENS AFTER THIS POINT* (which I assume is the point at which the actual game is supposed to begin, running in the game engine)

OS X crash report attached below ("your post was too long", apparently).

Separate, less critical issue - I don't seem to have any display options higher than 1440 x 900 (again, OS X).

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if you need anything else, like in-game graphics settings or more hardware information.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realise there was a General Support sub-forum. If someone could move this thread there, that would help. Thanks. Also, in case no one's realised yet, yes, I'm new here. Hi. *Waves*

Attached Files

• peano314, GenTurgidson, Drakfot and 1 other like this

#2 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:13

moved :)
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#3 Rubel

Rubel

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 15:05

I have the same problem. I am running OS X Yosemite on a "Late 2012" iMac with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB graphics.

#4 askoeho

askoeho

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 18:27

I'm also having the same problem. Immidiately after the logo video I'm thrown back to desktop. Sometimes even during the logo video.

#5 hawkin

hawkin

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 18:43

Same problem here too.

Running MacBook Pro 15 Retina mid2012.

After restarting and switching to an external monitor I managed to get to the menu and change the resolution (since after one crash you won't be able to get to the menu).

With the external monitor I managed to get normal 1920x1080 resolution.

But did not help much. After the intro video it just crashes as previously.

Update: Even turning off automatic graphics switching and running it in window mode, still the crash happens.
Running it on Yosemite with 8GB RAM.

h

#6 thanos

thanos

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 19:38

Exactly the same issue here.

GOG version, Late 2013 rMBP, OS X 10.10, dual graphics.

No option beyond 1440x900, crashes to desktop after loading.

Crashes with an Intel graphics driver crash report, even though I tried forcing the nVidia through gfxCardStatus.

#7 werpu

werpu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 19:44

Exactly the same issue, 2012 Retina Mac with Nvidia GPU Yosemite. Crash to desktop at the loading screen. Steam version.

#8 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 20:12

Yep, I'm having that crash too. Resolution goes up to 2560x1440 for me, though. Happens with the GoG and Steam version.

iMac late 2012, i7, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX, Yosemite

#9 alx

alx

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 20:20

I'm having a similar problem: after the "loading wheel" turned about 80º the game hangs.

Mac Pro Late 2013, 12 GiB RAM, 2 * AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB, OS X 10.9.5, Steam version

• DraicDreamer likes this

#10 larspj3

larspj3

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:34

Im sick of Mac Versions always being overlooked in the debugging proces.

Ive been waiting for this game for ages and now its Crash randomly after 2min or 5min. 

Have made it as far as the 2nd cut screen with the baby birth. thats it!

Please fix ASAP!

#11 aaroncarney

aaroncarney

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:51

Macbook Pro Retina (Mid 2014)

2.8 Ghz Intel Core i5

8 GB Memory

Intel Iris 1535 MB

My game is also crashing but in the Europolis section. Cinematics lag hard. Gameplay however is very playable, although I'm yet to get through Europolis. I'm also having the problem of only having one resolution option and not being able to change it. Which is frustrating when resolution can dramatically change performance. I'm using the Yosemite OS X.

#12 Krellzar

Krellzar

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:08

I have the same problem as you aaroncarney, and almost the same Macbook, but still running Maverick. Mine freezes when I enter Necropolis. Just after the cutscene, and a few times it froze in the cutscene.

Hope there will be a fix for this soon!

#13 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7095 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:20

Im sick of Mac Versions always being overlooked in the debugging proces.

Ive been waiting for this game for ages and now its Crash randomly after 2min or 5min. 

Have made it as far as the 2nd cut screen with the baby birth. thats it!

Please fix ASAP!

The game has actually been tested a lot on Mac, Mac is Ragnar's default platform. So it's very strange this bug slipped through.

• yodagreen3 likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#14 aaroncarney

aaroncarney

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:22

Last night my game crashed three times in Europolis, just outside the Therapists building. This morning I tried it again and managed to run around a big portion of Europolis without it crashing. Then just now i've tried it again and it crashed almost immediately outside the Therapists building again. Sigh :( I wanna play it baddddd. Was, up until that point really enjoying it!

Do you guys really not think it's a spec problem then? 

• yodagreen3 likes this

#15 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7095 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:25

The crashes on Mac seem to be mostly unrelated to the specs. But I can't say for absolutely certain that your crashes aren't from that, unless you have a lot of RAM on your computer. But probably it's the Mac bug.

• yodagreen3 likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#16 Nagnu

Nagnu

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:35

I fixed it on my 27 inch iMac (Yosemite) by quickly exiting fullscreen mode before the crash.

#17 soloblast

soloblast

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:05

The game has actually been tested a lot on Mac, Mac is Ragnar's default platform. So it's very strange this bug slipped through.

Could be due to Yosemite, since it was only recently released. Based on the (limited) information we have here, it seems like the people (person?) running 10.9 Mavericks are actually able to progress into the game itself, rather than crashing straight after the loading screen. (Although the crash still happens, eventually.)

Another possibility - the dual graphics thing. IDK what kind of Mac Ragnar uses, but the graphics-switching thing is pretty much limited to several Macbook / Pro versions. Then again, enough computers have that sort of a thing nowadays (including Windows PCs) that it shouldn't be a problem.

In any case, this is all mere conjecture, and I don't understand enough of the technical details to be of any real help, so I'll just leave it to the dev team. Thanks, guys.

#18 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:01

Similar issues here. Mid-2014 Macbook Pro, Retina display, running Mavericks. Steam version. Occasional crashes throughout Europolis, occasionally upon starting the game, too. Also had some of the "black boxes" graphics glitches that I've seen reported in the Linux thread, mainly in the early cutscenes.

But when it's running, boy is it pretty! :)

• khh likes this

#19 Rubel

Rubel

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:32

I fixed it on my 27 inch iMac (Yosemite) by quickly exiting fullscreen mode before the crash.

Running in Windowed mode also got me past that first crash.

#20 Caroline

Caroline

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:36

The crashes on Mac seem to be mostly unrelated to the specs. But I can't say for absolutely certain that your crashes aren't from that, unless you have a lot of RAM on your computer. But probably it's the Mac bug.

Same thing here. I can't get past that part. The game runs beautifully but too many crashes. :(

BTW I'm using an Imac OS X Yosemite, intel core i7 3.5GHz, 8GB memory, NVidia GeForce 775M 2GB of GDDR5 memory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bugs, OS X, Crash, Dreamfall Chapters, DFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users