Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:20

(link to kickstarter update)

We're live on Steam for everyone!

Good news, everyone!

The game is now LIVE on Steam for all backers!

We are uploading the DRM-free Windows, Mac and Linux versions to the Humble

Store now, and those should be live soonish. Non-Steam users rejoice!

As for GOG.com, due to the unfortunate delays on our end, they will not be able to
publish the game to their store today, but that will of course happen tomorrow morning.
We apologise for this, but those last-minute bugs had to be fixed, and that put us
severely off-schedule today.

If you don't have your Steam key yet, you can go to the Humble Store account page to
get it. That's also where the DRM-free version will be available as soon as humanly
possible. Here are instructions, if you need them:

http://redthreadgame...ge-forum-badge/

We do want to remind everyone that we have sent out instructions about how to
redeem your rewards via Humble and how to set up a BackerKit account on multiple
occasions in the past. If your email addresses are outdated and you are unable to
access either of those pages, please go back and read previous updates. If you're still
stuck, visit our official forum where there are lots of resources and helpful peoples, or
contact us via support@redthreadgames.com and we will try our best to help you out.

Do also remember that the team is on Oslo time, it's past midnight, and everyone's
exhausted. We will stay and help as long as we can, but at some point we will pass out!
We'll be back, freshly showered, in the morning, ready to help, support and counsel!

In the meantime: enjoy the game! And may the Balance be with you!

Team RTG

• agirlnamedbob, Andreas, Carla and 4 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#2 DumberThanCrow2

DumberThanCrow2

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:24

Was waiting for this to briefly return and say: I've downloaded the game. I'm very happy I backed this game and I can't wait to play it. (Well... I WILL wait, as I'm waiting for all five chapters as I said before... but you know what I mean :P)

Just wanted to pop on one last time before hiding for purposes of spoiler avoidance to say: congrats not only to RTG but to every one of us who backed the game. We have resurrected this series we love so passionately and I hope everyone who does choose to play the books individually enjoys it as much as they imagined/hoped they would.

Very rewarding and joyous to see this out. :)

Peace out again, now. :P

• Morten, Tina, agirlnamedbob and 5 others like this

Weaving olden dances

Mingling hands and mingling glances

Till the moon has taken flight;

To and fro we leap

And chase the frothy bubbles,

While the world is full of troubles

And anxious in its sleep.

#3 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:26

Congratulations for the public release, at least on one of the targeted distribution platforms.

By the way, is it normal that the "Story Recap" option is still grayed out?
  • khh likes this

#4 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:27

Congratulations for the public release, at least on one of the targeted distribution platforms.

By the way, is it normal that the "Story Recap" option is still grayed out?

Yes, that's due to be filled in :) Don't ask me when, the answer'll be Soon™ ;)

• toremygg and ShadowNate like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#5 Rihanna

Rihanna

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:34

Yes! Thank you all so very much. It's been a long journey, perhaps even the longest, but now we can begin again.

#6 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:34

ok.. so a few hours more can't hurt anyone :)

i wasn't gonna play it right away anyway...

more time to finish Dreamfall :P

Congratulations RTG! I hope sales are great!

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#7 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:51

Downloading my copy now, cannot wait to begin playing. Thank you guys for your hard work, today proved you just wanna give us the best product possible.

• Ceres likes this

jHevh80.jpg

#8 mentrei

mentrei

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:53

Downloading in linux, so happy :D

#9 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:00

Congratulation with the release.

Sadly I can't have my fun with it, since no key is showing or getting from my HB account to Steam. Support thread here for the problems: http://redthreadgame...eam/#entry34540

Have fun gaming everyone, this pledge will not see it before tomorrow morning, unless a key now will fall in my lap or re-buy it from Steam directly and pay more for one copy. Unhappy fan.

#10 VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:32

Two minutes and twenty seconds until download finishes. Too bad I have to get up and go to work in four hours. :)

#11 Sensi

Sensi

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:57

Congrats everyone (RTG and fellow backers/gamers), you made it all possible for us. Be proud!

Tomorrow evening I'm going loose with it, superb!!!!

#12 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:23

I've never downloaded a game from Humble Bundle, so I'm wondering if anyone can clue me in as to what to look for. What will happen when the game is available to download from there? Will "Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, cross-platform and DRM-Free" turn into a link or will there be a link elsewhere on the page? Just wondering.

#13 Kilibob

Kilibob

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:26

Thank you! What a glorious return of a true ground-breaking champion from days past! I have had TLJ on every computer I've owned since its release, eagerly consumed Dreamfall (flaws be hanged, it was the next chapter in a great story!) and I'm so pleased to be able to continue my journey!

#14 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:32

I've never downloaded a game from Humble Bundle, so I'm wondering if anyone can clue me in as to what to look for. What will happen when the game is available to download from there? Will "Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, cross-platform and DRM-Free" turn into a link or will there be a link elsewhere on the page? Just wondering.

Are you looking to get the game via Humble or GOG?

The GOG key should show up down in the same area where the Steam and Forum Badge keys are currently. 

The Humble download will probably be a link like the Wallpapers and everything else, though I'm not 100% positive. Doesn't seem to be live yet, on my page (unless that won't go live since I already claimed the Steam key). 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#15 Burns Flipper

Burns Flipper

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:48

Doesn't seem to be live yet, on my page (unless that won't go live since I already claimed the Steam key). 

Yeah I haven't claimed Steam and I see the same as you. Not released yet I guess.

I put the FUN in funeral!

#16 Burns Flipper

Burns Flipper

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:05

The link for download of all OS is now in the HB Library. Having said that it won't load if I click on download both for BT and direct download. File size for windows is only 1.3GB but Linux/Mac shows 2.9/3GB. So I reckon the files are still being transferred on the HB server or something similar.

I put the FUN in funeral!

#17 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:07

The link for download of all OS is now in the HB Library. Having said that it won't load if I click on download both for BT and direct download.

I've only tried the torrent link, and it's not working for me, either.

#18 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:10

Now I'm wondering if anyone who redeemed their Steam key has the option to download via Humble Bundle, or if they gave up that option by redeeming their Steam key.

#19 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:15

Just refreshed mine. Looks like it IS showing up in my page, even though I claimed my Steam key. So that's good to know for anyone who was worried about that. 

The link isn't working right now for me, either, though. Let's try it again in a little bit. Might just be that everything is still syncing up. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#20 MinorMonster

MinorMonster

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:23

Now I'm wondering if anyone who redeemed their Steam key has the option to download via Humble Bundle, or if they gave up that option by redeeming their Steam key.

I redeemed the Steam key and installed the game via Steam... Steam is being Steam though and won't start the game without me disabling my antivirus. Harrumph.

Anyway, I still get the download option in my Humble library.

Doesn't work though yet, same dead link as others have described. I guess ut takes a while for Humble to finalize the upload.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users