#21 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:52

His steam name is Syntax Error. ...I think. Or a Syntax Error just added me on Steam and it's a weird coincidence.

Ohhh, makes sense then!

My Steam name is Syntax Error. Logged in with it, and it is linked.

So you don't see the big Steam button next to the unredeemed field? Or do you see it but nothing happens when you click it?

Been trying unlink and relink, but it does not link to my Steam account name. Only my current Username as shown in games etc.

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work, it shows your Steam username, not Steam account name.
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-

#22 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:56

No, no, it's okay. I totally understand that you're frustrated. We've just had a ton of people that haven't been able to figure out how to link everything properly, so that's kind of the default assumption. We don't know your personal background, you know?

Unfortunately, I think you're right. This does sound like an issue that RTG and/or humble will have to fix. Hopefully they'll get back to you ASAP. 

I think we all just want to help you, but there's only so much we can do. 

If you're willing to wait until RTG wakes back up in a few hours, I'd say hold off on re-buying the game, but clearly that's your call. 

Again, sorry we can't help more. 

Yes you'r right about that. Maybe I should have said something about my background earlier in this thread to avoid this issue. But when you have 7-8 pages or fanes up all over in IE 11 and FireFox 32, and refresh everything in frustration, then it is not that easy. All my bad.

Not going to download and install 10 more explorers, I do not think that is the issue. HB's servers cron job that should update the script or trigger it calling Steam backend is probably down. And then not updating my Steam account. That is what I think after all this.

Been waiting since 18:00 CEST for this game, and now 02:00. 2+ hours since the release on Steam and still no key, that is frustrating after waiting about 7 years for the continuation of this saga.

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#23 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:01

I sympathize, I do. I really wish I could do more to help. Will keep my fingers crossed that RTG can help once they're back at it!

And thank you for being civil, despite the frustration. It's very, very appreciated.

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#24 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:02

Ohhh, makes sense then!

So you don't see the big Steam button next to the unredeemed field? Or do you see it but nothing happens when you click it?

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work, it shows your Steam username, not Steam account name.

There is no button, as explained in one of the post I made on top.

Editing to pictures/screen shoot instead to show it better then text can.

Prt Scr removed. Case closed.

#25 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:12

Oh, my bad, I must be too tired.
So you're basically seeing a big Season Pass description? That's weird cause I only see Dreamfall Chapters game itself with some wallpaper links and a forum badge code, and it redeemed itself without any season pass or SE content. I think that maybe backers should be getting two separate keys for the game and season pass (or SE) DLC, and somehow you got the latter without the base game while it still has no key allocated to it. Either that or it's just messed up big time with SE and non-SE.

Edit:
Here's my description

Thanks for purchasing Dreamfall Chapters ($20+ tier)!

When available, you'll be able to get all your digital content listed below right here on your download page!

Your purchase of The Digital Downloadable Copy Tier gets you:
•Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, cross-platform and DRM-Free
•Steam Key
•Istrum Forum Badge, Forum Badge Instructions Click Here
•Five Wallpapers (First 3 Wallpapers Available Now!)
•Additional Wallpapers (Click Here)

If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-

#26 Tessius

Tessius

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:15

No key, just saying unredeemed. With a grey page with the SE content and a white page showing some updates for Humble Bundle per mail.

Here it is:

Thanks for purchasing Dreamfall Chapters SE Season Pass!

When available, you'll be able to get all your digital content listed below right here on your download page!

Your purchase of Dreamfall Chapters SE Season Pass gets you:

• Dreamfall Chapters (Episodes 1 to 5): Cross-Platform on Steam, and DRM-Free
  • Dreamfall Chapters Soundtrack
  • Dreamfall Chapters Digital Art Book
  • Dreamfall Chapters Wallpapers
  • Dreamfall Chapters Avatar Images
  • Dreamfall Chapters Short-Story Collection
Your Humble Store settings:
Please let me know of cool things happening on Humble, like when a...
Book or Comic bundle is on the shelf
Mobile game bundle comes out
Store sale happens or something neat appears in the store
Weekly bundle is released
Flash bundle launches
Major bundle, big store sale or totally unique thing is going on

There is no key listed.

I'm having this same problem!

#27 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:20

Did edit post 24 from text to screen shots, to show it better/ now removed do to myself hosting them.

P.S Claim past is empty, not a backer. Only a Pledge sadly.

PP.S Last time I will ever use HB, this account will be deleted one way or the other. And I will not recommand anyone using it do to problems.

#28 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:44

Might be SE keys aren't fully distributed yet, and people who were able to redeem the game are only those who had the normal version of the game on their accounts (including backers who were all supposed to get SE key as well, but didn't). So it looks like a bit of a messy situation with the slowly going update.
Now I'm not sure if I were supposed to redeem my key or wait till it updates to SE. Might get some problems with redeeming the SE version later (game already owned). Crossing fingers here.
-Hideo Kojima-

#29 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:47

That can be it as well. But then RTG haven't done their job for us SE customers. So I wonder how fast they will fix this blunder

#30 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:02

Update: Downloading now, finally. Took 3 hours extra to wait for it.

HB support might have fixed it for me, and or all now, not sure. Was trying to get in touch with HB support, so might be that they have fixed it for me.

Removing Prt Scr in post 24, since I'm hosting the server these are linked to.

HB key is only to the standard version. That is now the only problem left.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#31 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:19

It looks like Humble just pushed some stuff through, since Humble download links are showing up now. That might also have uhh... ..."jiggled something loose" for lack of a better word. 

Sorry for all the hassle, people, but glad to hear that it's sorted!

#32 Tessius

Tessius

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:21

Got it now!

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#33 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:31

Thank you very much for mentioning that, I was gonna start panicking again, haha.
-Hideo Kojima-

#34 MusicSweetly

MusicSweetly

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:04

Hi,

Sorry if this issue has been addressed before, but when I go to download the game off of the Humble page, it simply takes me to a "This webpage is not available" page. I've claimed my Humble page, linked my Humble account to Steam, and it says the key has been redeemed to my account. Am I missing a step?

#35 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:07

Nope, this is a known issue at this point. Lots of people are finding it. 

I'm hoping that maybe Humble is just getting everything linked up on their servers and hopefully it'll work soon. 

Sorry, I know that's not the answer you probably want to hear, but it's definitely not just you. Fingers crossed that it either updates or otherwise gets sorted ASAP. 

#36 MusicSweetly

MusicSweetly

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:13

Ah, ok. Thanks for the reply. Hope Humble gets it sorted quickly!

#37 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:52

Update: Downloading now, finally. Took 3 hours extra to wait for it.

HB support might have fixed it for me, and or all now, not sure. Was trying to get in touch with HB support, so might be that they have fixed it for me.

Removing Prt Scr in post 24, since I'm hosting the server these are linked to.

I'm so glad the issue got resolved; must have been something wrong on Humble's end.

Hi,

Sorry if this issue has been addressed before, but when I go to download the game off of the Humble page, it simply takes me to a "This webpage is not available" page. I've claimed my Humble page, linked my Humble account to Steam, and it says the key has been redeemed to my account. Am I missing a step?

If you have redeemed the stream key to your account, you should be able to download the game through Steam.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#38 mandy

mandy

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationcheshire UK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:39

Ive been struggling with the same problem all day, i followed the link someone posted me took e to humble bumble and the game shows up in my library ready to download.

i can download the forum badge wallpapers but not the game. 

when i go via get seam key it logs me into steam, then bounces me back to humble over and over its going round and round.

#39 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:28

Ive been struggling with the same problem all day, i followed the link someone posted me took e to humble bumble and the game shows up in my library ready to download.

i can download the forum badge wallpapers but not the game. 

when i go via get seam key it logs me into steam, then bounces me back to humble over and over its going round and round.

After it bounces you back to humble, it should say that you've linked your steam account. Trying to redeem the key then should work, and it should give you a message "Redeemed to <steam name> at <date>".

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users