38 replies to this topic

#1 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:51

They are still not sending me a key, showing a key and or installing a key into my Steam account as linked.

What is the problem here?

Probably have to take this dance to Humble Bundle support, and probably closed.

• JamesVEP and Mariannahipsy like this

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:54

Hi Rawhead - 

What is your Humble page showing? Does it show the claimed purchase? What about the forum badge key? Do you have anything at all?

Just trying to gather as much info as we can so we can properly help you. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:54

You have tried following these instructions? http://redthreadgame...ge-forum-badge/

And you are absolutely sure you're using the right email address, the one you used when you pledged?

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:58

All Your Purchases

Visit the page for a given purchase to access Steam keys and other features.

Unredeemed Keys Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition Steam Dreamfall Chapters SE Season Pass

As well it is linked to Steam account. So it is registered.

Both link's edited to show bad key..

EDIT: Pledge not a backer.. So that link up in the thread is not doing any good for me.

#5 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:00

And when you visit the links, there's no stream key on the page?

April Ryan is my friend,

#6 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:02

And when you visit the links, there's no stream key on the page?

No key, just saying unredeemed. With a grey page with the SE content and a white page showing some updates for Humble Bundle per mail.

Here it is:

Thanks for purchasing Dreamfall Chapters SE Season Pass!

When available, you'll be able to get all your digital content listed below right here on your download page!

Your purchase of Dreamfall Chapters SE Season Pass gets you:

• Dreamfall Chapters (Episodes 1 to 5): Cross-Platform on Steam, and DRM-Free
  • Dreamfall Chapters Soundtrack
  • Dreamfall Chapters Digital Art Book
  • Dreamfall Chapters Wallpapers
  • Dreamfall Chapters Avatar Images
  • Dreamfall Chapters Short-Story Collection
Your Humble Store settings:
Please let me know of cool things happening on Humble, like when a...
Book or Comic bundle is on the shelf
Mobile game bundle comes out
Store sale happens or something neat appears in the store
Weekly bundle is released
Flash bundle launches
Major bundle, big store sale or totally unique thing is going on

There is no key listed.

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:05

No key, just saying unredeemed. With a grey page with the SE content and a white page showing some updates for Humble Bundle per mail.

After you've linked to the stream account, you have to click again for it actually to be redeemed to the linked account. After which it will say Redeemed to <account> at <date>. 

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I don't know what to tell you. You may have to email RTG at support@redthreadgames.com

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#8 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:08

After you've linked to the stream account, you have to click again for it actually to be redeemed to the linked account. After which it will say Redeemed to <account> at <date>. 

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I don't know what to tell you. You may have to email RTG at support@redthreadgames.com

This is all new to me.

All it is showing in the settings page is: Steam Link

Linked to Syntax Error. To unlink click here. So I should unlink it and relink?

Other then that, I've been updating both pages regulary, with no means of any progress.

I guess that mail is my next step out. Thanks for the help

#9 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:10

This is all new to me.

All it is showing in the settings page is: Steam Link

Linked to Syntax Error. To unlink click here. So I should unlink it and relink?

Other then that, I've been updating both pages regulary, with no means of any progress.

I guess that mail is my next step out. Thanks for the help

No, if it's linked that should be good.

When you try to redeem the key now, what happens? It can take up to 15 minutes for it to show up in the library, and some people have had to restart steam.

• DiskJunky likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#10 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:19

No, if it's linked that should be good.

When you try to redeem the key now, what happens? It can take up to 15 minutes for it to show up in the library, and some people have had to restart steam.

Still a no go. Support is contacted. But I guess if everyone else have the same problem, I guess I can find my bed and take this later today.

Thanks for all help, even though most of them is already tried out before coming to this forum.

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:20

Still a no go. Support is contacted. But I guess if everyone else have the same problem, I guess I can find my bed and take this later today.

Thanks for all help, even though most of them is already tried out before coming to this forum.

Sorry we couldn't find a solution. Good luck with support.

April Ryan is my friend,

#12 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:51

Update: Contacting both RTG and HB support. But since both a probably closed, there will not be anymore update this night.

P.S everything is still the same here, so still no game for me.

#13 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:15

Rawhead
Instead of "Linked to Syntax Error" it should say linked to your-Steam-username. It may help unlinking and relinking, could be some error happened during the linking part. Also, try a different browser, make sure cookies aren't being blocked. Once you've linked accounts you click the Steam button next to the "Unredeemed" text and it should then activate your key to the account you've linked it to.
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-

#14 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:19

His steam name is Syntax Error. ...I think. Or a Syntax Error just added me on Steam and it's a weird coincidence.

Still unsure what the issue is. It should automatically show up on your Steam page. The browser/cookie thing is a good suggestion, though. 

#15 VikMorroHun

VikMorroHun

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:29

I'm pretty sure a problem happened during the linking process. Unless Rawhead's Steam username is "Syntax Error" but I doubt it. When I linked my Steam account it showed me what khh said. Actually there was no key was present to me, the Humble store registered Dreamfall Chapters in my Steam library. Don't forget to check the full list of your library. Usually I use a list of only my installed games, and I couldn't find Dreamfall Chapters there. Had to change the view to display all of my games.

#16 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:31

Sadly nothing is working for me, reinstalled Steam as well. No go. Still saying Unredeemed.

It will not be resolved, since both support lines are closed at these hours.

So I will be forced to pay full Steam retail price at 55$ on top of my 35$ RTG pledge soon.

#17 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:31

I'm pretty sure a problem happened during the linking process. Unless Rawhead's Steam username is "Syntax Error" but I doubt it. When I linked my Steam account it showed me what khh said. Actually there was no key was present to me, the Humble store registered Dreamfall Chapters in my Steam library. Don't forget to check the full list of your library. Usually I use a list of only my installed games, and I couldn't find Dreamfall Chapters there. Had to change the view to display all of my games.

My Steam name is Syntax Error. Logged in with it, and it is linked.

#18 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:37

I can also add that I have no game called: Dreamfall Chapters in my Steam library. Nor is it to be downloaded.

I can understand the help, but since I'm 31, been working with computers and software since I was 8, so I do feel a bit frustrated about all these "baby" step help.

Been trying it all, the page is grey and saying the same now as it did when I posted it further up this thread. Frustrated on how a little key with some digits can't show up, even to add it by hand. Trusting a server with a few cron jobs, seems to be the problem I think and it can't be resolved at these hours.

I do not want to take my frustration out on anyone here, so if it looks that way, then I'm sorry.

#19 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:42

Rawhead
Instead of "Linked to Syntax Error" it should say linked to your-Steam-username. It may help unlinking and relinking, could be some error happened during the linking part. Also, try a different browser, make sure cookies aren't being blocked. Once you've linked accounts you click the Steam button next to the "Unredeemed" text and it should then activate your key to the account you've linked it to.

Been trying unlink and relink, but it does not link to my Steam account name. Only my current Username as shown in games etc.

#20 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:42

No, no, it's okay. I totally understand that you're frustrated. We've just had a ton of people that haven't been able to figure out how to link everything properly, so that's kind of the default assumption. We don't know your personal background, you know?

Unfortunately, I think you're right. This does sound like an issue that RTG and/or humble will have to fix. Hopefully they'll get back to you ASAP. 

I think we all just want to help you, but there's only so much we can do. 

If you're willing to wait until RTG wakes back up in a few hours, I'd say hold off on re-buying the game, but clearly that's your call. 

Again, sorry we can't help more. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users