Photo

(old) Bug Reports (make new threads instead)

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#41 Teoball

Teoball

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:46

Most of the ones I've seen has already been mentioned.

I did find an invisible garbage can on the corner by the Collapse memorial statue though.

• wandrew likes this

#42 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:48

Haven't played beyond chapter 1. I'll now wait until stuff gets polished a bit before continuing.

Options, Display Resolutions: when choosing different display resolutions it is very hard to tell which res is highlighted because it's a very pale yellow bar on a white background. I can just about see it, but it's noticeably difficult.

Options, general: sometimes when choosing different options in the drop-down lists the text for the options themselves is missing. The change still works ok if I assume it's there anyway, but I just don't see the text - e.g., "high, awesome, medium", etc.

#43 Fitzwilliam

Fitzwilliam

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:53

Thanks, Happy Tree. I checked and saw the same problems with the Options menu. I added those issues to the main list.

#44 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:54

You guys, I think I'm going to merge this with the other Bug reporting thread to keep things tidy. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#45 Fitzwilliam

Fitzwilliam

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:55

My apologies. I didn't see the other thread.

#46 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:03

Not a problem. My apologies for apparently merging this badly. My first merge. Small hiccup. ...Think I fixed it now. 

...Carry on!

• wandrew, Tina, DiskJunky and 1 other like this

#47 Jeppz

Jeppz

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:08

I found a bug similar to that of Lee-m, but in europolis.

Spoiler

Well I did find the same thing, with some additions

Spoiler

• wandrew likes this

#48 Fitzwilliam

Fitzwilliam

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:37

After further testing, I'm thinking there must be some kind of a problem in Europolis. In every other section, I get a solid 60 FPS, but that section drops to sub-30, with occasional spikes into the 40s. Even looking at the ground doesn't help; the only thing that does is staring at the backdrop while avoiding looking at any geometry. In addition, there are a ton of bugs and artifacts with the lighting, shadows, and lens flare effects. Seemingly every time that I turn Zoe, there is some flickering shadow or light popping up in my peripheral vision.

Settings I've tried:

1920x1080, Awesome quality, High AA, High SSAO, 100% motion blur - Average ~28-30 FPS, spikes to mid-40s; mostly unplayable for me

1920x1080, Awesome quality, High AA, High SSAO, 0% motion blur - Same as above

1920x1080, High quality, High AA, High SSAO, 0% motion blur - Average ~30-33 FPS, spikes to low 50s; playable, but annoying

1920x1080, High quality, no AA, no SSAO, 0% motion blur - Same as above; AA and SSAO options do not seem to impact the FPS at all

1920x1080, Low quality, no AA, no SSAO, 0% motion blur - Average ~40 FPS, spikes to high 50s; similar to console quality FPS

Basically, nothing I do, even playing on the lowest possible settings, can get me a decent frame rate. This leads me to believe that it has something to do with the CPU, but if that's the case, I can't imagine what. My system can play games like Shadow of Mordor and Crysis 3 on the highest settings without breaking a sweat. It shouldn't be having these performance problems with Chapters.

System: i5-2500k @ 4.4 GHz, GTX 780 @ 1125/1625 MHz, 8GB DDR3-1600, SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD, Windows 7 x64

Note: I'm using DxTory, not FRAPS, to get the FPS and not recording, so that can't be the issue.

#49 mnykrem

mnykrem

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:04

I have encountered two bugs...one is the annoying light(which I really hope is a bug) bug all over the place, and a rather funny one  :P

the light:

Spoiler

the bodytwist:

Spoiler

When I were in the menu for about five minutes Zöe's body started to rotate and her head disappeared...maybe it's the static?

• wandrew likes this

#50 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:02

Please keep screenshots inside spoiler tags. Writing "screenshots in spoiler" is a good idea, makes it easy for RTG to know what's there.

I just feel screenshots is the one main thing that "grabs attention" (especially if they're large). Even if the title of the thread says (spoilers), and even if the screenshots may not really have any "spoilers" in them.

• agirlnamedbob likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#51 Xeio

Xeio

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:45

Crashing in the opening cutscene.

Get to the boat being on fire, and the circle parting so it can seemingly pass, and the game locks up.

Am I missing a lot if I skip the rest of that cutscene? I don't want to miss things.  :unsure:

#52 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:14

I was finally able to download my early access copy of Chapters today as the Mac version was finally released but I am experiencing repeated game crashes.

To begin neither of the controllers that I attempted to use (PS3 & PS4) would function. The game would recognize me navigating around the menu but it wouldn't register the pressing of buttons to select anything. So I begrudgingly decided to go it with mouse and keyboard.

*** I put my issue in spoiler tags just in case ***

Spoiler

I mean this entire ordeal with release has been extremely frustrating for me and not what I have been waiting the last 1.5 years since the Kickstarter for. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems that render the game unplayable?

BTW I'm playing on a three month old Macbook Pro. I don't know if that matters but I don't think it is my computers fault.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I really feel terrible and apologize for the fact that after lurking on the forums for the better part of a year that my first meaningful post is me complaining. I'm just extremely frustrated, sorry.

#53 iamlindoro

iamlindoro

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:19

Yes, I am also experiencing hangs when leaving the therapist's office.  Sometimes it makes it to the cutscene on entry, other times it just hangs before the cutscene plays.

#54 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:19

I understand your frustration. I'm going to go ahead and merge this with the main Bug thread, just to keep things tidy (and so RTG will see it when they check there). Several people are experiencing some bugs. 

I'm sorry to hear about your controller issue. I was playing with a PS4 controller and it worked fine. What driver are you using?

As to the rest, I don't know if I'm qualified to answer. 

There are some spoilers there, but they should be tagged.

#55 FuzzyPuffin

FuzzyPuffin

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:36

I mean this entire ordeal with release has been extremely frustrating for me and not what I have been waiting the last 1.5 years since the Kickstarter for. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar problems that render the game unplayable?

It crashed for me in OS X Yosemite (a real, hard crash, I had to reboot) once at that point. But even if it doesn't, the next area is incredibly laggy to the point of being unplayable, and it's not a Mac-specific bug. The loading crash might be related, IDK.

Anyway, take heart, it's definitely not your computer's fault, RTG will fix it. :) 

#56 Linki

Linki

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:49

Sorry if already mentioned, but i'm afraid to read spoilers :

Unable to read journal since update.

Also lag problems but it's been mentioned a lot already ^^

#57 Steve-o

Steve-o

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:53

Performance on a Macbook Air (latest 13" i7) with Yosemite is pretty bad out-of-the-box, there are a lot of graphic defects with black squares appearing randomly over the screen.

#58 RonaldRaygun

RonaldRaygun

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:25

The first glitch I spotted persists throughout the game. What is probably supposed to be a little glimmering light effect in the character's eyes always gets blown out of proportions and it looks like they are shooting lasers out of their eyes. I'll post a screenshot when I wake up unless someone else does it (surely I can't be the only one with this glitch).

I'm also experiencing the crazy lens flares and performance drops in Europolis like everyone else mentioned.

Edit: PC specs, just in case.

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    AMD FX-6300    40 °C
RAM
    8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99X EVO R2.0 (Socket 942)    36 °C
Graphics
    S22B150 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (ATI AIB)    45 °C
Storage
    931GB Seagate ST1000DM 003-1CH162 SATA Disk Device (SATA)    33 °C
    1863GB Seagate ST320005 42AS USB Device (USB (SATA))    44 °C
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

• ShadowNate likes this

#59 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:35

Greetings. 

I've encountered a glitch when you can go behind the textures and walk throught the walls.

This helped me actually not to solve the door puzzle and just go through the location to see if it works :)

So you start at the door and go throught it, it will allow you to walk in to any place at the house.

Seems like to be the only exit outside. 

Warning: SPOILERS BELOW! 

Attached Files

blasted be the balance

#60 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:22

Crashing in the opening cutscene.

Get to the boat being on fire, and the circle parting so it can seemingly pass, and the game locks up.

Am I missing a lot if I skip the rest of that cutscene? I don't want to miss things.  :unsure:

That is pretty much the end of that particular scene, but where does it skip to afterwards? (put the answer in [spoiler] tags, please)

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users