Photo

(old) Bug Reports (make new threads instead)

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#21 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4559 posts
  • Location├ůmot, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:56

I just don't know is it a bug or I don't understand something. The interaction wheel doesn't appear. I tried to change keybindings, to hold LMB, to click it 2-3-4 times but nothing happens except Zoe's reactions.

So I am stuck in the first room and it's frustrating(

Where exactly should it appear? Zoe's body, Reza photo or something else?

Don't know if you've figured this out yet, but

Spoiler

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#22 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 13:35

I just don't know is it a bug or I don't understand something. The interaction wheel doesn't appear. I tried to change keybindings, to hold LMB, to click it 2-3-4 times but nothing happens except Zoe's reactions.

The tool tip seems to be timed, rather than connected to a spesific event.

Spoiler

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#23 failquail

failquail

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 13:48

Couple of things:

-The SSAO option in the graphics settings is completely non-functional on my PC (also forcing it from the GPU driver doesn't work either)

Win 8 x64, ATI 6950, latest release driver

-The AA setting is temperamental at best, had to fiddle a lot with GPU driver settings to get it working at all.

Above two are making rather distracting jaggies throughout the game.

And a relatively minor one:

-if you enable subtitles in the options, you don't get subs in the opening movie.
Not a problem for me, but could be an issue for others.

#24 failquail

failquail

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 13:54

Don't know if you've figured this out yet, but

Spoiler

I got confused with that for a while too.

Possible suggestion: make the focus pointer a bit darker if you've read all the options there? Was a little frustrating circling the room three times listening to the same things over and over to find the one i'd missed :rolleyes:

#25 Minodragon

Minodragon

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 13:59

I'm having the problem that my game crashes at the beginning of new chapters. After the first scenes it crashed when chapter 1 was supposed to start. I "fixed" it by turning down all my settings and switching out of fullscreenmode. It happend again with chapter 2, after a few tries. And now I can't get passed

Spoiler
 but it crashes every time before I can move. I have tried shifting all my setting up down, left right.

As for every other point in the game, it runs fine.

#26 philcsf

philcsf

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 14:51

Ahh, why do quotes reveal spoiler tags? In any case, reporting a few issues (as I'm ill off work today and might as well be bug fixing a different game...):

Spoiler

Enjoying it so far, great job guys!

#27 starckar

starckar

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 14:58

I'm having the problem that my game crashes at the beginning of new chapters. After the first scenes it crashed when chapter 1 was supposed to start. I "fixed" it by turning down all my settings and switching out of fullscreenmode. It happend again with chapter 2, after a few tries. And now I can't get passed

Spoiler
 but it crashes every time before I can move. I have tried shifting all my setting up down, left right.

As for every other point in the game, it runs fine.

Hi there, old forums lurker, new user, fresh post :D
I'm having the same issue. At first, the game would crash right after the first cutscene, and before the "CHAPTER ONE" screen. Right to the desktop, no messages.
Here's the crash log: error.log - output_log.txt

Then I tried lowering all the video options to low, no blur no nothing, and it worked. I continued playing through the first chapter, meanwhile setting back all the video options to the max, no crashes so far.
But just after the final cutscene

Spoiler
the game crashes again.

These are the logs: error.log - output_log.txt

Now I'll try lowering the video AGAIN, but for the records this is the report.

My system specs:

AMD Phenom X4 3.2 GHz

Win7 32 bits - 4GB RAM

Radeon HD 6870 2GB

#28 VollachR

VollachR

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationPetah Tikva, Israel

Posted 21 October 2014 - 14:58

Finished book 1, as for bugs, some minor clipping maybe and one non-persistent crash with no error, meaning it crashed at one place with no error but worked the next time in the same place, probably random.

Oh, and also, but that might be a steam issue, I can't seem to view the achievements, it just sends me to my steam profile page.

Ron Vollach
Dream Traveler
Proud Backer of DREAMFALL CHAPTERS
Twitter: @VollachR | Facebook: Ron Vollach | STEAM: VollachR | Instagram: @VollachR Flickr: Ron Vollach

Pinterest: Ron Vollach | G2A Loot: Click Here

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself."

#29 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 15:01

Tried to be as nonspoilery as I could and those two areas are pretty much known anyway by most people.

I'm a bit softer regarding spoilers, compared to Erika, I think. But since this is in the support area without spoiler warning, it's good to be careful.

Sorry if I'm going overboard. I'm just trying to be super super careful since some people are very spoiler sensitive, but may be here awaiting news on other platform / distribution builds. Hence why I'm being kind of jumpy about it. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#30 Evil Duck

Evil Duck

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 15:02

Having alot of performance related issues especially in Europolis and in the prison. It seems to me that the game does not run in propper fullscreen mode, and its more like an borderless windowed mode, alt+enter does nothing, this might be the reason for the bad performance? Also because of this G-Sync on my monitor wont enable. 

Running: Intel 5930K, 16 gb DDR4 2800 mhz ram , 2 Nvidia 980GTX in SLI and running the OS on a SSD and game on a SSHD. On an Asus Swift 1440P G-Sync monitor

#31 VollachR

VollachR

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationPetah Tikva, Israel

Posted 21 October 2014 - 15:05

Having alot of performance related issues especially in Europolis and in the prison. It seems to me that the game does not run in propper fullscreen mode, and its more like an borderless windowed mode, alt+enter does nothing, this might be the reason for the bad performance? Also because of this G-Sync on my monitor wont enable. 

Running: Intel 5930K, 16 gb DDR4 2800 mhz ram , 2 Nvidia 980GTX in SLI and running the OS on a SSD and game on a SSHD. On an Asus Swift 1440P G-Sync monitor

Strange, I run a much "lesser" system and the game worked smoothly on maximum settings, didn't have any lags or anything like that, though my resolution is only 1680x1050, but that's my monitor's max.

Intel I5 3570K, 8GB 1600mhz DDR3, Radeon HD7870 graphic card with no crossfire, Windows 8.1

Ron Vollach
Dream Traveler
Proud Backer of DREAMFALL CHAPTERS
Twitter: @VollachR | Facebook: Ron Vollach | STEAM: VollachR | Instagram: @VollachR Flickr: Ron Vollach

Pinterest: Ron Vollach | G2A Loot: Click Here

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself."

#32 Evil Duck

Evil Duck

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 15:24

When monitoring the load on the GPUs, GPU 1 never goes over 50% and is often between 30-40% when the game is lagging at its worst, GPU 2 is never over 1-2% but SLI support was never something i was expecting from the get-go, very few games manages that. CPU load never goes over 20% and does not even go to its turbo core clock. it's really weird.. The 2560x1440 resolution is demanding in alot of games but when my GPUs and CPU does not even bother to load over 50% there must be something wrong...

#33 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 15:47

I found one minor bug!

These women seem to be floating in the air.

Spoiler

(Tina put spoiler tags around screenshots - screenshots are more spoilery than text because you see all of it at once)

• wandrew likes this

#34 SteJEON

SteJEON

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:11

Alt-Tabbing out of the game is losing alternate keybindings.

The geometry of the Fuses are disappearing when on the repair job.

Screen flare effects seem a bit ott.

In the initial cinematic the string textures of the singers ornaments are invisible on the bright background texture. (layer issue maybe)

The occasional clipping issue. (noticed when going down stairs for the most part).

V-Sync may be an issue with card temps. (all of my fans kicked up full... and that's a lot of fans)

#35 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:05

i'm guessing this one is a fairly big clipping bug

Spoiler

#36 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:10

i'm guessing this one is a fairly big clipping bug

Spoiler

You're right, that's not what you're supposed to do.

April Ryan is my friend,

#37 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:32

You're right, that's not what you're supposed to do.

Btw, minor glitch, sometimes when you access the menu->visual from witin the game, the options disappear. Not a big issue, as the menu still works, and when you've selected something you can always read what it says.

https://imgur.com/a/ird1T

April Ryan is my friend,

#38 carrot

carrot

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:08

I've reconfigured my keys b/c I'm lefthanded. I use the "K" key to move right, but whenever I do the menu pops up. I think there are some keybindings that are not configurable/listed? :( Sadly nowadays lefthanded controls are more and more a problem in many games. It would be nice if this could be fixed...

#39 Sara

Sara

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:27

I found a bug similar to that of Lee-m, but in europolis.

Spoiler

• wandrew likes this

#40 Fitzwilliam

Fitzwilliam

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:43

• Game seems to have a hard time switching from controller to keyboard and vice versa.
  • The high SSAO option imposes an inordinate FPS penalty.
  • Options in menu are difficult to see, and sometimes the text disappears. (Thanks, Happy Tree.)
  • Clipping issue with Zoe in the second tutorial section, the one with the man afraid of the dark. She walks right through lamps.
  • Controls locked to keyboard when switching to the prison section, even though I was using a controller before.
  • Several graphical flickers and artifacts during prison section.
  • Massive FPS drop upon first entering Europolis, from a solid 60 to <30 on an overclocked GTX 780 and 4.4 GHz i5-2500k. Changing AA and SSAO options, even lowering them to None, does nothing. Changing everything to the lowest possible setting only alleviates it somewhat, with FPS bouncing around from ~28 to ~45. This severely hampers the experience of playing the game.
  • No voiceover when examining the panel to go back to the tower.

I'm adding to this list as I play, so I'll update it as I go along.

• ShadowNate likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users