Photo

(old) Bug Reports (make new threads instead)

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#341 Linki

Linki

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 00:07

I'm not sure if there is a bug, but i don't know where else to ask.

It's about the choice Kian has to make about Na'Ane when she first appears.

You can choose to talk or stay silent about her. In my first playthrough i chose silence, and then confronted her, and then chose to tell the others (the choice is made very clear that Kian is going with her NOW to tell them). But then the story continues to another part as if there was some kind of cut-scene, although at some point we go back playing with Kian, no one ever says a word about it. So i thought maybe we would see what happened in Book 3.

But, in my 2nd playthrough i made another choice, i chose to talk at the very beginning, and we do see what happens in this moment : Likho very mad about it and wanting to kill her, etc.

So this made me wonder even more about the first playthrough, was there a bug or is it intentional ? 

• Oktalist likes this

#342 DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:28

I trust an optimisation patch or two will be released for book two like there was for book one? I seem to be getting some bad frame rate drops in Marcuria - in the market area. They've dropped as low as 25. "/

#343 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:12

They will look into the possibility of optimizing, but they're approaching the edge of what the Unity engine can handle.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#344 Andreas

Andreas

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationLillesand, Norway

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:11

I have not found Wonkers in Book two. Kinda miss him. Not sure if this is a bug or he is supposed to be missing. In the clip where the General and the Mother arrive the white tower for the first time Vamon runs around in small circles the entire time even when he talks. Sems too strange to be on purpose. Also seen some missing text in marcuria, but need to play it again to remember the line.

"Remember that today is tomorrow's yesterday and that tomorrow's yesterday is yesterday's tomorrow." - By Andreas

#345 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 March 2015 - 13:56

In the clip where the General and the Mother arrive the white tower for the first time Vamon runs around in small circles the entire time even when he talks. Sems too strange to be on purpose.

Yeah, he did not do that for me.

April Ryan is my friend,

#346 VollachR

VollachR

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationPetah Tikva, Israel

Posted 17 March 2015 - 14:40

Don't know if anybody noticed that but in Zoe's apartment, above the bed, there are 2 photos you can look at, well, they are actually empty frames, the photos are missing, don't think it's suppose to be that way as Zoe say something like "Memories. I need those around" when you look at those photos.

Here, take a look:

Spoiler

• khh and GistOfSpirit like this

Ron Vollach
Dream Traveler
Proud Backer of DREAMFALL CHAPTERS
Twitter: @VollachR | Facebook: Ron Vollach | STEAM: VollachR | Instagram: @VollachR Flickr: Ron Vollach

Pinterest: Ron Vollach | G2A Loot: Click Here

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself."

#347 The Luggage

The Luggage

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 March 2015 - 15:31

Minor issue with the controls :

When you change the key binds and don't use the defaults (which I many games have to do, since I use a Belgian/French AZERTY keyboard instead of a QUERTY, so default W gets changed to Z and default A gets changed Q) the game remembers my changes, also after quitting to the desktop. So far so good.

However if I switch to my X-box 360 controller after rebinding the keys and then later switch back to keyboard, the keyboard key binds are reset to the default keys and I have to change them again.

So switching to the controller seems to automatically reset the keyboard key binds to default. Though I don’t think this is something that will bother many people.

two other things that have been reported by others, so just to confirm I also experienced it:

- it isn't very clear that by clicking on the hand to mark the traitor in market, you make a final choice. I understand the plan is to make a different icon. An alternative could be a message that says something like "are you sure you want mark this person as the traitor?"

- right after the assassin shoots the arrow, you can still click on hotspots in the market to get Kian to describe them. A bit strange to have him check out the sights with an arrow speeding towards him.  It also gets a bit in the way when trying to catch the arrow yourself (if you accidently click on the look hotspot, you're too late for the arrow).

• Oktalist likes this

#348 Altainia

Altainia

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:47

I have a game-breaking bug report.

In Propast, when running the quest where I have to track down Hanna by getting the keys, I got both the yellow and blue keys. However, I cannot disassemble the whole key (yellow or blue, cannot remember which). I am not given the GUI that allows me to observe or interact with the items. I can look at them to rotate them but I do not get the hand nor eye icons. Per the walkthroughs I've seen, I need to do this in order to get down the ventilation hatch Hanna was seen entering. I use Steam and have verified the game files are intact and have tried reloading a save to no avail. I am running Ubuntu 64-bit.

I have a minor bug report.

The Shadow Distance visual setting is not remembered between sessions.

#349 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:55

What resolution do you play with?

April Ryan is my friend,

#350 Altainia

Altainia

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 13:01

The settings is set for 1280x1024 but I have the window maximized so it's actually 2560x1056 (I have a wide monitor). But that is weird because the settings continue to show 1280x1024 yet none of the graphics are stretched... I will try again with the screen actually at 1280x1024.

EDIT: Yup, that's what that was. Playing at a screen resolution that did not match the settings seems to have been causing the first bug. Don't yet know about the shadow distance bug.

#351 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 March 2015 - 15:32

Minor issue with the controls :

When you change the key binds and don't use the defaults (which I many games have to do, since I use a Belgian/French AZERTY keyboard instead of a QUERTY, so default W gets changed to Z and default A gets changed Q) the game remembers my changes, also after quitting to the desktop. So far so good.

However if I switch to my X-box 360 controller after rebinding the keys and then later switch back to keyboard, the keyboard key binds are reset to the default keys and I have to change them again.

So switching to the controller seems to automatically reset the keyboard key binds to default. Though I don’t think this is something that will bother many people.

two other things that have been reported by others, so just to confirm I also experienced it:

- it isn't very clear that by clicking on the hand to mark the traitor in market, you make a final choice. I understand the plan is to make a different icon. An alternative could be a message that says something like "are you sure you want mark this person as the traitor?"

- right after the assassin shoots the arrow, you can still click on hotspots in the market to get Kian to describe them. A bit strange to have him check out the sights with an arrow speeding towards him.  It also gets a bit in the way when trying to catch the arrow yourself (if you accidently click on the look hotspot, you're too late for the arrow).

This is how the system works at the time and it is a known limitation. It will reset your custom keyboard button bindings once it changes to use a controller and back.

The settings is set for 1280x1024 but I have the window maximized so it's actually 2560x1056 (I have a wide monitor). But that is weird because the settings continue to show 1280x1024 yet none of the graphics are stretched... I will try again with the screen actually at 1280x1024.

EDIT: Yup, that's what that was. Playing at a screen resolution that did not match the settings seems to have been causing the first bug. Don't yet know about the shadow distance bug.

Some Linux users have reported that the game's preferences are not saved unless you go to windowed mode and force quit the game by clicking the "X" button in the top corner.

We're looking into it, but it might be a bug with Unity and some Linux versions.

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#352 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 March 2015 - 15:50

I see. This part of the interface breaks with ultra wide-screen resolutions, and that was effectively what you were playing with then. I suspected as much.

I don't believe that ultra widescreen is officially supported by the game at this time, though this interface issue is the only problem with it that's been reported, as far as I am aware.

April Ryan is my friend,

#353 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 March 2015 - 16:00

I'd urge people to use this thread for reporting minor issues or discussing/confirming issues already reported from now on.

It's really a lot of work to go through this thing from time to time to see if something new has popped up or if it's indeed only updated with some discussion.

If you believe the issue you're having is not yet reported or if there are more specific things you need answers to, I'd suggest creating a new topic for it.

I'd rather have multiple topics regarding the same issue that we can merge at some point instead of running through a lot of pages here to search for new issues. :)

It's not meant as being mean or "you did wrong" or anything. Just trying to make it easier for us to spot new stuff/major issues. :)

I'll of course be reading through this when updated, but it's just easier and cleaner to keep separate issues in separate threads.

Thanks for all your reports. It helps us a lot!

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, khh and 1 other like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#354 Sithoid

Sithoid

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 20:30

Here are 2 bugs I found yesterday in my Steam version:

1) [minor] In the Enclave, there's a closed door just outside the gathering hall. I managed to walk through it - luckily, there was a dead-end on the other side and I could return just as easily.

2) [probably known] I dont know if there's already been a patch fixing the messenger route, but if there was, it didn't work: on his second circle the boy stopped in the park and wouldn't move. Luckily again, by then I figured out the signs and just went on to change them - which triggered the messenger and he appeared again.

• Morten likes this

#355 Oktalist

Oktalist

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 March 2015 - 20:50

@Morten It might be worth editing the first post to reflect your request.
  • Morten likes this

#356 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 March 2015 - 21:51

I tried to creatively change the title to reflect Morten's wishes ;) That's probably more effective than editing the first post.

• Morten, agirlnamedbob, khh and 1 other like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#357 DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 19:07

Went into the sewer that the girl went down and Zoe was all black, just like the baby at the end of book one.

#358 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:07

What do you mean by all black? Do you have a screen shot?

April Ryan is my friend,

#359 DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 20:54

Like this: http://i.imgur.com/JGgunPA.jpg

I've found out that it happens if you turn the shadow distance option down to zero. Not sure if it's meant to do that, but I wouldn't have thought so. Even walking up to a light makes no difference. It does that for me in Hanna's hideout too.

EDIT: Also noticed that during the whole of chapter 4, Zoe's obectives say 'speak to Reza at The Hand', even in chapter 5 when you're playing as Alvane.

#360 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:27

We'll maybe make sure to either update a couple of locations to use more ambient light so that when someone has set Shadow Distance to 0m (aka. no shadows) some things won't be totally black (i.e. Zoe in this case), or we'll just make sure that the minimum amount of Shadow Distance is 1m. 

We haven't done anything about this for the upcoming patch or anything, but this is not to mistake for a bug. Shadow Distance == 0 means no shadows at all, and it would be expected to look pretty bad in many places. 

I know this is not very clear to all players of course, so I'll dot it down to see if we can do something about it for a future patch. :)

• Crowboy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users