Photo

(old) Bug Reports (make new threads instead)

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#321 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 March 2015 - 23:30

Zoe part :

After making the decision to give the data (concerning illegal political activities) to the hand that feeds, i'm asked to go tell barutti my decision, i went there and i can't enter the place. Zoe says she has no need for a drink or something. At this point i can't even continue the game since i have no further instructions :/

Baruti isn't inside the café, he's outside it.

• Linki likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#322 Linki

Linki

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 23:36

Is he ? I looked for him outside actually, that's weird ! But i'll go look again ! Thank you ! I was so worried i'd have to wait for another update...

Edit : it works !

I did notice a bug but no so important : i went to see Reza before i was asked to and the goal is still there ! Even now that i'm playing with Kian it's still on my to do list.

• khh likes this

#323 sirensong187

sirensong187

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:34

I am stuck and cannot continue playing because every time I try to follow Bip he disappears. I have tried restarting a new game, deleting old chapters, restarting my computer, nothing works, he always disappears.  Is there anything else that can be done so I can complete the mission?

#324 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:40

I am stuck and cannot continue playing because every time I try to follow Bip he disappears. I have tried restarting a new game, deleting old chapters, restarting my computer, nothing works, he always disappears.  Is there anything else that can be done so I can complete the mission?

Someone else who experienced that problem tried completing one of the other missions first, and then when he went back to following Bip it worked. But I can't promise that it will work for you.

There is a thread on it here, though no-one has posted a solution or work around there yet.

April Ryan is my friend,

#325 sirensong187

sirensong187

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:57

Yeah, I also tried that I did both of the other missions and went to visit the widow, so now I really am stuck.

#326 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:00

Yeah, I also tried that I did both of the other missions and went to visit the widow, so now I really am stuck.

Then it's possible you'll have to wait for a patch. I'm really sorry about that :/

One thing you can try: If you're on Steam try right clicking on the game in your library, choose properties, click the local files tab, and click the verify integrity of game cache button. On the GOG or Humble the equivalent would be reinstalling the game. Though I'm not super optimistic about this fixing the issue.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#327 sirensong187

sirensong187

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:39

Okay, so that cache thing actually worked! He appeared on the other side and started babbling, but now when I follow him he melts into the ground at a certain stoney hill and the "f" follow thing appears but he is nowhere to be found...

• khh likes this

#328 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:48

Okay, so that cache thing actually worked! He appeared on the other side and started babbling, but now when I follow him he melts into the ground at a certain stoney hill and the "f" follow thing appears but he is nowhere to be found...

I was almost glad for a second there. He consistently melts through the ground for you now? Even if you try loading a save, he just does so again? That's very, very strange. Now I really am all out of ideas :/

You may have to wait for a patch.

April Ryan is my friend,

#329 Shane.Z

Shane.Z

Rubber Ducky

• Journeyman
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:05

Went "home" early in Propast during the quest to try and find Nela.  I'm now stuck in the house and can't leave. There's no interact button with the door. I'm not screwed because I can just reload, but on this particular file Zoe is now trapped in her house and cannot leave, nor can time progress.

• Mr Moo and Oktalist like this

#330 ElDoRado1239

ElDoRado1239

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Location203km from Přístaviště

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:42

My experience was virtually bug-free, except for these things:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Oktalist likes this

So, wake up, Miss Castillo. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*...

#331 Shane.Z

Shane.Z

Rubber Ducky

• Journeyman
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:54

After Saga wouldn't stay in bed after being carried there twice, Pappa Magnus decided that he'd be able to catch his daughter's antics much more easily if he bent the space in the House Of All Worlds to allow him to better spy on his daughter from a lower vantage point.

2015-03-16_00001.jpg

That or it's just a hilarious clipping glitch.

This glitch did in fact happen after being caught a second time (thus the third instance) in the baby-stealth section. I didn't SEE him clip through the floor, he just started the instance off that way.  I was actually caught during this instance and his model didn't end up resetting at all in the fourth instance either, until I snuck past him and lead into the the wrap-up cut scene of Episode 1.

Attached Files

• Mr Moo and ElDoRado1239 like this

#332 JRua

JRua

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:48

After entering The Hand That Feeds screen turns black. This problem can be solved by changing visual angle though. What's worse that I can interact neither with Reza nor with Sully. So I can't complete two missions. Windows XP, 4 GB RAM. Tried multiply reloadings, restarting game and approacing them from different sides but nothing helped.

#333 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:25

After Saga wouldn't stay in bed after being carried there twice, Pappa Magnus decided that he'd be able to catch his daughter's antics much more easily if he bent the space in the House Of All Worlds to allow him to better spy on his daughter from a lower vantage point.

That or it's just a hilarious clipping glitch.

This glitch did in fact happen after being caught a second time (thus the third instance) in the baby-stealth section. I didn't SEE him clip through the floor, he just started the instance off that way.  I was actually caught during this instance and his model didn't end up resetting at all in the fourth instance either, until I snuck past him and lead into the the wrap-up cut scene of Episode 1.

How do you expect him to reach the bottom drawer otherwise? Bend over? pfffff That's so beneath him

• Shane.Z likes this

#334 DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 13:02

Was an update for book one applied with some more fixes with the release of book two? If so, I'm finding the glitch with Sully is still present. Though this time he disappears and I can't do anything - there are no conversation topics. :(

Bump

Anyone? I know this isn't a game stopping bug, but I would like to talk to these characters and get to know them without something like this ruining my enjoyment. :wacko:

#335 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 14:35

Bump

Anyone? I know this isn't a game stopping bug, but I would like to talk to these characters and get to know them without something like this ruining my enjoyment. :wacko:

I'm not sure what's going on there. The fix all for these kinda of inexplicable problems is, on steam, to right click on the game, select properties, select the local files tab, and run the verify integrity of game cache tool. If you have the game on humble or GOG you can try reinstalling.

April Ryan is my friend,

#336 DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 15:07

I have it on Steam. I'll try that and report back. Thanks. :)

#337 DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 16:01

Okay, I tried the game after verifying the integrity of the game cache and it made no difference. However, I reloaded the autosave from the beginning of Europolis and talking to Sully was no problem. :) Replaying that section from the start again is no big deal, though I'm not sure if this means that bug is still present at another time. For instance, the issue with my other save is around the time you're on the campaign trail.

#338 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 16:30

Ok, thank you for reporting back the solution you found. I'm glad you got it working.

April Ryan is my friend,

#339 DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 17:33

Come across another minor glitch: whenever I try talking to the Chinese vendor opposite Queenie's boat/the little girl, I get subtitles but no speech or talking animation from him.

#340 DustyShinigami

DustyShinigami

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 18:07

Also, I went into Zoe's apartment to explore and there's no way of exiting; no interaction icons are popping up. :wacko:

EDIT: Reloaded a save and now there are no interaction prompts for the little girl next to Queenie's boat. >__<

EDIT 2: Not sure how to add a spoiler tag, but SPOILER: when playing as the baby, when I go to the left of the bed, the baby goes completely black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users