Photo

(old) Bug Reports (make new threads instead)

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#1 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:10

Thought it might be a good idea to keep bugs and problems in one thread to make it easier for redthread to keep track of them when it comes to bugfixing and such.

Spoiler

• wandrew and agirlnamedbob like this

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:17

This is a great call. Sorry to spoiler tag your post. I don't think it's anything major, but I just don't want anyone to get spoiler butthurt, so I'm going to say it's probably best to tag bugs that refer to specific locations or game details for right now. 

That said, I'm also experiencing lag issues. Particularly in the ways you mentioned. 

Spoiler

• Tina likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:18

Ahahaha, I JUST did that, Erika, and then you ninja'd. I may have ninja changed/edited your spoiler editing (I put in "(spoilers)" in the end).

Just wanted to let you know ;)

Edit: or maybe you just put it in the post itself?

But yeah, maybe adding it to the posts is a good idea, in case people report something from first chapters and then there's spoilers from later ones. I think maybe saying something like "Chapter x, prison area" etc outside the spoiler tag is okay, would make it easier for RTG. And that shouldn't bee too much of a spoiler (more detailed "where to find" can be put inside spoiler tags).

Um, I've slept 2 hours and I'm tired, does this make any sense?

• agirlnamedbob likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:21

Ahahaha, I JUST did that, Erika, and then you ninja'd. I may have ninja changed/edited your spoiler editing (I put in "(spoilers)" in the end).

Just wanted to let you know ;)

XD Great minds. I'll leave you to it. Time for me to go to bed. (For real this time.) (Probably.)

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:21

This is a great call. Sorry to spoiler tag your post. I don't think it's anything major, but I just don't want anyone to get spoiler butthurt, so I'm going to say it's probably best to tag bugs that refer to specific locations or game details for right now. 

That said, I'm also experiencing lag issues. Particularly in the ways you mentioned. 

Spoiler

Tried to be as nonspoilery as I could and those two areas are pretty much known anyway by most people.

#6 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:24

Tried to be as nonspoilery as I could and those two areas are pretty much known anyway by most people.

Yeah, this is tricky.

I'm a bit softer regarding spoilers, compared to Erika, I think. But since this is in the support area without spoiler warning, it's good to be careful.

I think by tagging the thread title with (spoilers) we can be less strict inside the thread.

I still believe in putting spoiler tags up for specific locations but RTG should somehow be able to quickly understand what the bug is about. But at least with spoiler in the title, we won't have people accidentally opening this thread of they're really avoiding spoilers.
  • vaiomaniac likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:30

Spoiler

I found that one as well. In addition, Zoë's walking/running animation froze for a good 15 seconds in Europolis, though stopping completely and starting again fixed it. All in all I was impressed with how few bugs there were.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#8 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:41

The game is great pretty bug free so far except for the massive framerate drops but i'm sure they will fix that after getting some much deserved rest.

#9 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:30

just for completion I'd like to mention the fact that if you're an azerty user, and you press f12 to take a screenshot in steam , it also internally resets your keybindings to qwerty. And per Morten's brief, this will be fixed in the proper release version.

In the main menu it says A or space to start, also if you're not having a controller this "A" might be a bit misleading. Should it be displayed like that ?

Also resolution settings seem to be unalterable, if I select lower or higher resolution and press "apply" it won't change. (also not after a restart)

#10 vassvik

vassvik

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:32

Some minor visual bugs I encountered in the intro cutscene with the boats and stuff: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I guess I'll show some screenshots later.

The cutscene also seem to lack anti-aliasing. Is this intentional, or is it just on my part? 

#11 Sara

Sara

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:51

A found a minor one, but I might as well post it:

[spoiler] A couple of vertexes on the back of wardens head seem to be skinned to the wrong bone. [/spoiler]

Edit: I can't seem to  get the spoiler text to work so i removed the picture and attached it instead.

Attached Files

#12 Sunshinekid

Sunshinekid

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:51

I was so excited to play this, and it was okay in the first chapter, slow in the prison, but now in Europolis the lag is so bad - especially in cutscenes and dialogue I feel like pulling out my hair. I might wait for an update, I'm not sure. :/

For example:

The voice work takes long gaps between sentences. -and sometimes the mouth do not move or even match up with the sentences
Mira's workshop - it loads, but then there is a black screen for several minutes.
Whilst walking and running it lags.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, I do love the game so far -the story and the design choices are gorgeous. But the lag is killing me people. 

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#13 BummsGeordy

BummsGeordy

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:53

Spoiler

#14 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:00

Also, when in a choise menu you can see the percentage of people doing the choises but if you click the + icon next to the users you don't see their name, it just goes to the page where you have to link/unlink the game from steam or facebook, is this normal ?

#15 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:00

Crashing bug related to XBox 360 wireless controller use (no story related spoilers within)

Spoiler

#16 Martin

Martin

RTG Designer

• RTG Staff
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:29

Also, when in a choise menu you can see the percentage of people doing the choises but if you click the + icon next to the users you don't see their name, it just goes to the page where you have to link/unlink the game from steam or facebook, is this normal ?

That + means you're not connected. Connect your game, and you'll see what the world and your friends have chosen :)

:cannon:  Cannon stroker   :cannon:
        :crow:  OrNOThologist   :crow:

#17 Martin

Martin

RTG Designer

• RTG Staff
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:30

I'll be following this thread btw, and will investigate the issues you guys are experiencing 

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 3 others like this

#18 SAN

SAN

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:34

I just don't know is it a bug or I don't understand something. The interaction wheel doesn't appear. I tried to change keybindings, to hold LMB, to click it 2-3-4 times but nothing happens except Zoe's reactions.

So I am stuck in the first room and it's frustrating(

Where exactly should it appear? Zoe's body, Reza photo or something else?

#19 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:44

well it's because it's saying "disconnect from steam", I guess I'll just try to throttle the connection.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 Martin

Martin

RTG Designer

• RTG Staff
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:51

well it's because it's saying "disconnect from steam", I guess I'll just try to throttle the connection.

Spoiler

You can also connect with facebook, if that's easier. And no, nothing will be posted on your wall, it's just to let you see your FB-friends' choices :) 

And thanks for reporting the voices. We have been struggling a bit with that. We'll look into it. 

• wandrew likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users