40 replies to this topic

#1 Sintei

Sintei

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:57

Hey Guys i have a Gamestop Madkatz Controller i use for my PC and the DFC Game does not recognize it no matter what i do.  i run in admin mode and through steam.  it is a USB controller if that matters.  let me know if you need more info.

#2 Inkerlink

Inkerlink

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:16

From what I can tell, ONLY the 360 controller is compatible with DFC. I tried an Xbox One controller and it did not recognize that either. So with that said I think DFC does not have XInput compatability, unfortunately, including your Madkatz controller.

#3 Darkbaldur

Darkbaldur

Vestrum Herald

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:23

You can set up a ps4 controller to work. It's not plug and play however you need to do some setup.
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:25

You can use the PS4 controller with the right driver, like Darkbaldur said, because it patches it in like an XBox controller. (I know, that's how I was playing.) I'm not sure if the Gamestop controller uses its own driver or if it uses the XBox driver.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 Reeger

Reeger

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:28

I can confirm it works with the X360, PS3 and PS4 controllers (PS3 and PS4 require external software that make the PC think they're X360 controllers).

#6 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:36

Try using software to make the game think youre using an xbox controller? :) Something like MotionInJoy etc.

#7 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:19

You can use the PS4 controller with the right driver, like Darkbaldur said, because it patches it in like an XBox controller. (I know, that's how I was playing.) I'm not sure if the Gamestop controller uses its own driver or if it uses the XBox driver.

The Gamestop controller works, as it is indeed using the same driver as the original 360 controller. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#8 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:21

Okay. Well... Back to Square One with Sintei's issue, then. 

Have you tried making sure your drivers are up to date? 

#9 Forwyn

Forwyn

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGi┼╝ycko, Poland.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:26

I can tell, that Speedlink XEOX Pro Analog Gamepad unfortunately doesn't work.

#10 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:29

Oh sorry, I didn't realize the Madkatz controller was a Gamestop one.

And I don't know what's different about it, but the Gamestop controller I was talking about is just the "cheap" version of the original Xbox controller. And I know that one works, because we have one at the office ourselves and it is using the same standard 360 driver. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#11 LeChuck

LeChuck

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:38

From what I can tell, ONLY the 360 controller is compatible with DFC. I tried an Xbox One controller and it did not recognize that either. So with that said I think DFC does not have XInput compatability, unfortunately, including your Madkatz controller.

Yes, my XBOX ONE controller doesn`t work. :(

Ragnar Tornquist (Twitter): "Kiss or no kiss, he's always been (and will always be) gay!"

#12 Bpy6

Bpy6

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:02

I've got the same problem.

I have a Directinput controller (a Logitech Rumblepad 2), but it's usually no problem to convert it to x360 format with an app called x360ce. It had always worked literally for every single game I tried. Somehow, Dreamfall Chapters just doesn't work with it.

If someone manages to get your not-working controller work in DFC, could you please share how?

#13 Sintei

Sintei

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:13

hmm wonder why it is not working than.i did a usb connection check and my computer sees it as "Madkatz Gamepad (Controller)" in my usb connection so stumbed.  lol

#14 spacepope

spacepope

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:14

Games says "Press Space or A to Continue"...I have my controller plugged in, but it doesn't register.  Is there controller support?

#15 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:15

There is controller support, but some people have been having problems with their controllers. I'm going to merge this with the other controller thread to keep things tidy. What sort of controller are you using?

#16 niki

niki

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:42

I have a Logitech F310 Gamepad and i tried it with XInput and DirectInput mode as well as the x360ce X360 Controller Emulator, none of which works. 

The gamepad in XInput mode is using the "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" driver version 2.1.0.1349 as far as i understand.

#17 enykeev

enykeev

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:09

Trying to setup ps3 controller on a mac. I've prepared cInput map that looks somewhat plausible, but wasn't able to manually put it in .plist, it just keeps getting rewriten after each launch. May be some of you will find a use to it while I'll continue to dig into.

A*D*W*S*None*None*None*None*LeftShift*Mouse0*None*None*JoystickButton11*V*None*Tab*Mouse1*J*F*Mouse0*G*Space*O*Mouse0*JoystickButton15*JoystickButton15*Mouse0*JoystickButton14*JoystickButton7*JoystickButton5*JoystickButton4*JoystickButton6*Space*Escape*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*

UPD. Another map specifically for controller mode.

None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*JoystickButton14*None*None*JoystickButton11*None*None*JoystickButton4*JoystickButton13*JoystickButton0*JoystickButton15*JoystickButton14*JoystickButton12*JoystickButton13*JoystickButton12*JoystickButton14*JoystickButton15*JoystickButton15*JoystickButton14*JoystickButton14*JoystickButton7*JoystickButton5*JoystickButton4*JoystickButton6*JoystickButton16*JoystickButton9*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*None*

I was thinking that plist is just cached by osx so I've tried to invalidate it by defaults read (http://answers.unity...y-in-plist.html), but apparently, it's not the case and it gets rewriten by the game itself. =\

UPD 2. Ok, apparently all key bindings are held in ControllerMapping.xml file inside resources.assets. There is actually a special section related to XboxControllerMac, but only one list of bindings for PlayStation controller (one for windows, I guess). I've tried to repack it with proper settings, but game refuses to start with modified file (either because of some kind of protection, or just because repacker isn't good enough). I guess it's time to accept defeat and start enjoying the game with keyboard and mouse =)

#18 km3k

km3k

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 15:57

I was unable to use my Playstation 3 controller (connected via USB) in the game under Linux. This controller does work in other games and in Steam Big Picture mode.

#19 edfardos

edfardos

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 18:20

Logitech Wingman works great, but you have to assign every axis and button in the "control" screen.   The only show stopper is that there is no way to assign "look/pan" to anything, so you still have to use the mouse to look around.  If you could assign look/pan to the right stick you could use the gamepad to play, otherwise, it's useless.   I'll wait for a patch/update.

edit:  the FAQ says controlers aren't supported in linux, but the above usb joystick works just fine, the bug is that the game wont let  you assign look/pan to anything (it's the mouse or nothing).

#20 werpu

werpu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 19:22

Mhh I am having also a controller issue,  I try to play the game via steam in-house streaming, but the controller fails to be recognized.  The controller is  a standard xbox360 controller with the Tattiebogle drivers. Most if not all games in Steam work with that configuration problem free. Steam maps the controller in streaming to an XINPUT device on the Windows side to my knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users