33 replies to this topic

#21 Tommy

Tommy

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:09

I was able to redeem my key. Installing the game now over Steam.... =)

• Mr Moo likes this

#22 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:16

Now that the game is finally released I can verify that my Humble key activated a simple Dreamfall Chapters license and not the Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition license that was being sold on Steam store as a preorder which was promised to all $20+ backers. You can see that the licenses are different by content, the former license lacks the 320530 app which I assume to be Special Edition content (I checked DC installation folder and there's nothing but the game there). It could be that things are still WIP in that area, but I thought I'd give a heads up for Red Thread to be aware of this.

Edit: Alright, it seems that unlike Steam Store purchases, Humble should give two separate keys for the game and the Season Pass, but I don't see any mention of the Season Pass anywhere on my Humble page, just the game key and the forum badge.

Edit 2: Could be that my account hasn't been updated to SE version allowing me to redeem the normal version of the game. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Edit 3: Seems like as of this moment everybody who activated the game through Humble got the normal edition, while people who preordered on Steam got the Special Edition.

Could you provide a link to where backers were promised the special edition ON STEAM (or GoG)? As far as I know, we were promised the content, not where said content would reside. And, as we know, RTG delivers their digital content on Humble.

Of course those who bought the special edition ON Steam or GoG will get their content there, that's not really at all relevant to backers.
  • Tina likes this

#23 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:53

I was able to redeem my key. Installing the game now over Steam.... =)

Great that you got it working.

• Tina likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#24 anytacool

anytacool

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 21:48

I bought Special Edition on Steam, but I haven't got any key, or promised wallpapers, or book, or map... The only thing I got were soundtracks. What do I need to do? I am really frustrated... 

#25 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 December 2014 - 21:56

If you bought the game on Steam, then the game should just be added into your Steam library. You don't need a key. 

The map I believe should be in the same place as the Soundtrack on Steam. The other items are delayed and will hopefully hit Steam soon, but we haven't gotten any information on that in a little bit. 

Hope that helps!

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#26 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:41

I bought Special Edition on Steam, but I haven't got any key, or promised wallpapers, or book, or map... The only thing I got were soundtracks. What do I need to do? I am really frustrated... 

And of course, you will get it, it's just that RTG is still working on these items, but you have buy it, like all the rest of the game (It's a packaged deal were only a part is avaible now, but the rest will be given to you.)

#27 anytacool

anytacool

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:49

If you bought the game on Steam, then the game should just be added into your Steam library. You don't need a key. 

The map I believe should be in the same place as the Soundtrack on Steam. The other items are delayed and will hopefully hit Steam soon, but we haven't gotten any information on that in a little bit. 

Hope that helps!

I found soundtracks in "Music" section. I searched my steam account numerous times and hadn't found map... 

#28 MutualCore

MutualCore

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:58

What is the Vestrum Forum Badge?

#29 MutualCore

MutualCore

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:00

I found soundtracks in "Music" section. I searched my steam account numerous times and hadn't found map... 

The soundtracks as well as other DLC are "coming soon".

#30 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:17

What is the Vestrum Forum Badge?

The badges denotes backer levels from the Kickstarter, it shows up on the forum. Like if you scroll up you can see that ct2651 has an "Istrum" title and a picture.

The soundtracks as well as other DLC are "coming soon".

The full soundtrack will be released when the game is out, but you can download the soundtrack from the first book from humble already if you're a backer.
z605rRu.png

• Tina and agirlnamedbob like this

April Ryan is my friend,

#31 MutualCore

MutualCore

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:38

The badges denotes backer levels from the Kickstarter, it shows up on the forum. Like if you scroll up you can see that ct2651 has an "Istrum" title and a picture.

The full soundtrack will be released when the game is out, but you can download the soundtrack from the first book from humble already if you're a backer.
z605rRu.png

Thanks! I hadn't realized those were the download links to the content. How can you tell which badge denotes what backing level?

#32 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:12

Thanks! I hadn't realized those were the download links to the content. How can you tell which badge denotes what backing level?

Here's an overview for you

Cheat sheet:

• badge_journeyman50px.png Journeyman ($5) (252 bakers)
  • badge_istrum50px.png Istrum ($20/$25) (13027 bakers)
  • badge_minstrum50px.png Minstrum ($50) (2878 bakers)
  • badge_vestrum50px.png Vestrum ($75/$110) (3558 bakers)
  • badge_dreamer50px.png Dreamer ($150/$200/$250/$350) (1179 bakers)
  • badge_shifter50px.png Shifter ($500) (497 bakers)
  • badge_drachkin50px.png Drachkin ($750/$1000/$2500/$5000/$7500) (178 bakers)
  • badge_guardian50px.png Guardian ($10000) (3 bakers)
Edit: Added number of bakers (but I won't look though all members and count them)

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#33 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2253 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:18

Alx was awesome for creating that list, but it still makes me giggle every time I see it!  I picture all of us standing around in chef hats with aprons and smudges of flour on our noses waving spatulas in the air!   :P

• Tina, trentjaspar and Mr_Russ like this

#34 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:23

WOW! That's a ton of bakers! That kitchen must be absolutely packed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users