33 replies to this topic

#1 OlivierT

OlivierT

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:49

I'm Backer and I don't have the e-mail for the Key for Dreamfall.

We forgot me, I really want to play today Dreamfall.

Please help me.^_^

#2 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2253 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:50

I didn't get an email for the key...but if I look at Humble Bundle the key is there.  I don't have early access so I can't download yet...but the key is there.

• DiskJunky likes this

#3 Maja

Maja

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUllensaker/Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:53

I didnt recieve an key either, but I got it by following the instuctions on this page http://redthreadgame...ge-forum-badge/ . :)

#4 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:08

I didn't get an email for the key...but if I look at Humble Bundle the key is there.  I don't have early access so I can't download yet...but the key is there.

I don't think anyone's got an email yet, they just appeared on the Humbe Bundle page :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#5 Loerwyn

Loerwyn

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:13

I don't think anyone's got an email yet, they just appeared on the Humbe Bundle page :)

I got no e-mail, though this might be an Early Access tier thing.

I did double-check this morning to see if it went straight through to Humble and it did. So if you've not got a key, log into to Humble Bundle with the e-mail address you used for the BackerKit.

If you have two different e-mails (e.g. your Humble Account is a different address), you do not need to link it to a second account. You can use either the Key Resender or in the Claim Past Purchases menu get the claim link (it's next to the game title as '(link)' in grey, if my memory is correct), copy it, log out, log in on the correct account and paste the link and claim it as you would any other Humble purchase.

#6 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:14

Humble Bundle does not send out email notification when adding items to a claim-page. 

This will need to be checked manually.

• DiskJunky likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#7 OlivierT

OlivierT

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:16

Ok, thank you for the help. :)

#8 Paltrax

Paltrax

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:45

i never got the hey at all or the email from backerit when i try to resend it from them it says my email is wrong

you are supposed to use the kickstarter email right...but it says its wrong even when it works on the kickstarter webpage HELP!

#9 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:48

i never got the hey at all or the email from backerit when i try to resend it from them it says my email is wrong

you are supposed to use the kickstarter email right...but it says its wrong even when it works on the kickstarter webpage HELP!

Try following the steps outlined here to claim your humble bundle page; that's where the game gets distributed.

http://redthreadgame...ge-forum-badge/

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#10 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:51

I know someone who has trouble accessing their HB page, i asked them to use the key resender feature, but do you need a HB account for that to work, or is it email based ?

If I give you the email adress could you look into that ?

and I know it's weird but, She's my ex so.... we don't do bad things to our exes or things could get ugly :P

• DiskJunky likes this

#11 ambient

ambient

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSouthside

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:08

you don't need HB account for activation/ key resending etc. that account is just used to store you orders in one place. so games can be redeemed without registration and if you want you can add (claim) that order any time you want later.

#12 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:56

well prob already solved on both accounts, the emails just were delayed a bit...

#13 sjsharp2014

sjsharp2014

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:02

I've got it set up ready to download took a while as Steam was being a pain in the rear end but I'm ready :D

#14 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:02

I know someone who has trouble accessing their HB page, i asked them to use the key resender feature, but do you need a HB account for that to work, or is it email based ?

If I give you the email adress could you look into that ?

and I know it's weird but, She's my ex so.... we don't do bad things to our exes or things could get ugly :P

Just to clarify:
You don't actually need a Humble Bundle account to claim the page. It's just that Humble has all the rewards pages linked to certain email addresses, which are the email address a backer used when pledging (aka. the email used in BackerKit). As long as this email is correctly written in the Key Resender and it exists in Humble's database, you will be able to claim your rewards.

If you want to add Dreamfall: Chapters to your Humble Bundle library, you will need a Humble account. The claim-process is still the same, though.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#15 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:30

Now that the game is finally released I can verify that my Humble key activated a simple Dreamfall Chapters license and not the Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition license that was being sold on Steam store as a preorder which was promised to all $20+ backers. You can see that the licenses are different by content, the former license lacks the 320530 app which I assume to be Special Edition content (I checked DC installation folder and there's nothing but the game there). It could be that things are still WIP in that area, but I thought I'd give a heads up for Red Thread to be aware of this.

Edit: Alright, it seems that unlike Steam Store purchases, Humble should give two separate keys for the game and the Season Pass, but I don't see any mention of the Season Pass anywhere on my Humble page, just the game key and the forum badge.

Edit 2: Could be that my account hasn't been updated to SE version allowing me to redeem the normal version of the game. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Edit 3: Seems like as of this moment everybody who activated the game through Humble got the normal edition, while people who preordered on Steam got the Special Edition.
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-

#16 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:45

I have a problem as well with HB as a pledge. As described in the support forum: http://redthreadgame...eam/#entry34540

Key will not show on download page and or sent/linked to my Steam library as Steam is linked to my HB account.

Been waiting a long time now... And it's saying unredeemed for 4-5 hours now.

My HB account will be deleted after this is resolved. Can't be that much as a serious company.

#17 drkhunter

drkhunter

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:25

Got mine through the instructions to Humble Bundle.  First post, yay!  :D

#18 stephane063

stephane063

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationClermont-Ferrand-France

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:17

me too, good game everyone

#19 Bluestrike

Bluestrike

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:03

When trying to redeem a key using the humble page, I need to login at steam and connect to humble on steam (or something).

After that a page shows a loading icon with the tekst returning to humble.

I also get a popup that the page is trying to close, I press ok.

Tried it 5 times but I still have no game in my library.

*edit *

Instead of clicking ok, I selected no for a change and let the page run for a while.

I was using IE, so I opened up Chrome , logged into humble there, had to verify the new browser and when I got into my account it said redemed there, soon followed by redemed with a date.

The waiting page in IE was still running and closed it.

Not sure what fixed it or if humble is that slow but I have it now.

#20 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:05

The problem must have been with IE then. Glad you got it sorted.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users