#1 infestator

infestator

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:50

Hello,

I've tried to install just redeemed Dreamfall Chapters in Steam. And it does not download anything. It completes installation within a moment after I click "install" button. After I try to start the game is says that executable not found. The directory with the game is empty.

Thanks.

#2 aLxx

aLxx

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHelsingborg, Sweden

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:06

I'm experiencing the same issue on OS X.

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:08

Mac and Linux builds haven't been released yet, they're still in the works. According to the last Kickstarter update, they might arrive within the next two hours.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 aLxx

aLxx

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHelsingborg, Sweden

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:44

Saw this mentioned in the Facebook group after I posted. I guess I got to excited to read the whole Kickstarter update :)

#5 Geo

Geo

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:06

I tried installing it today and still the same issue. Any infos when will it be available for Linux on Steam?

#6 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:11

I tried installing it today and still the same issue. Any infos when will it be available for Linux on Steam?

We're still waiting I believe. RTG are working as quickly as they can

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#7 Jana

Jana

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationEttenheim, Germany

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:11

My laptop successfully updated the 0-byte Linux installation of DFC this morning and the game runs fine now.

(PS: Fine meaning... for some reason way better than the Windows version)

• khh and Geo like this

If only our eyes saw souls instead of bodies,
how very different our ideals of beauty would be.

#8 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:15

My laptop successfully updated the 0-byte Linux installation of DFC this morning and the game runs fine now.

(PS: Fine meaning... for some reason way better than the Windows version)

It uses OpenGL under the hood instead of DirectX. I suspect some (lot?) of the graphics issues people are having on Windows won't be present. Then again, you might find a suite of different ones so... :)

• Jana likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#9 Geo

Geo

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:50

Thanks for the quick replies. In the meanwhile I tried downloading the DRM-Free Linux version but I didn't manage to execute the file. There wasn't any documentation with the download or anywhere (at least after a couple of searches) on this forum. Any help?

#10 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:11

Thanks for the quick replies. In the meanwhile I tried downloading the DRM-Free Linux version but I didn't manage to execute the file. There wasn't any documentation with the download or anywhere (at least after a couple of searches) on this forum. Any help?

I think you have to unzip or untar it.

April Ryan is my friend,

#11 jlddodger

jlddodger

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:21

The DRM-Free Linux build is 64-bit.  Unless you are running 64-bit linux, that build will not work for you.  I am hoping that RTG will eventually publish both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

• Geo likes this

#12 Geo

Geo

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 15:57

The DRM-Free Linux build is 64-bit.  Unless you are running 64-bit linux, that build will not work for you.  I am hoping that RTG will eventually publish both 32-bit and 64-bit versions

You are right! Well, I guess I'll have just to wait a little longer. I've waited years now for this, so a day or two won't make that much of a difference

#13 sApuska

sApuska

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 21:04

Is DFC still 64-bit only on Linux? As of 2 Nov, Steam is still downloading zero bytes on my 32-bit install. 

#14 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 02 November 2014 - 21:06

Is DFC still 64-bit only on Linux? As of 2 Nov, Steam is still downloading zero bytes on my 32-bit install.

As far as I know its 32bit all around, but a few linux users have said they still have a 64 bit version.

If your having issues installing the game on steam, they would be the ones to contact.

#15 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 21:55

I first downloaded and installed DFC via Steam on my 64bit Linux today (it must be 1.1.1 version but how does one check? it does at least have the extra settings of 1.1 ).
It appears that the build is still 64-bit. So not 32-bit all around as mentioned by RTG.
I could be wrong... I used the `file` command on the Dreamfall Chapters executable and got this:

/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Dreamfall Chapters/Dreamfall Chapters: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15, BuildID[sha1]=d342271358cdf934f32ea2ea3438e01e6261ab3d, stripped

#16 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 November 2014 - 22:20

I guess maybe we misunderstood RTG, and that it was only the Mac version that was changed to 32-bit.

April Ryan is my friend,

#17 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 02 November 2014 - 22:47

No, Windows as well. You've got my conversation with Morten in one of these threads.

The source is the Steam release notes, previously quoted.

#18 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 23:17

We need a spy work there....

#19 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 November 2014 - 23:50

No, Windows as well. You've got my conversation with Morten in one of these threads.

The source is the Steam release notes, previously quoted.

Windows version always was 32-bit, though.

April Ryan is my friend,

#20 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:05

The game is now indeed a 32-bit executable for all platforms except Linux, which still has a 64-bit executable as well. :)

• khh, Mr_Russ, Tiago and 1 other like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linux, installation, issue, steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users