#1 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:45

For those tiny little bug/mistake reports! I noticed a few typos and a missing piece of dialogue, so wanted to pass it on and provide a place for other people to do the same. Just things that can be patched in later for quality of life but aren't at all urgent, I'd suggest major bugs that are gameplay-impeding be raised separately.

No Spoiler:

Often had a little dialogue bubble icon floating around my screen. I think it was sort of indicating where someone was talking, just not doing a great job of it other than hovering around making me think I was being stalked.

Spoiler

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

Dreamfall Chapters Transcript | Twitch Stream

#2 unlockexp

unlockexp

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:33

Spoiler

#3 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:51

unlockexp, this is Europe not the US. (British English spelling).

• Riaise, Lee-m, whittard_mt and 1 other like this

#4 Sméagol

Sméagol

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSchiedam, The Netherlands

Posted 21 October 2014 - 20:28

I got a few little ones (apart from the CTD), but I forgot some of them (I think..).

The ones I remember:

- A floating box(well, slightly levitating).

Near

Spoiler

- Annoying glittering eyes, as if they´re made of diamonds and people are shining lights right into them. It pops op occasionally, but when you meet the Warden it´s off the charts. Maybe something to do with my Graphics card.. I have an Ati R7 260. I´ll make a screenshot if necessary.

- Interaction Icons showing up for non-existent items. One I know from the top of my head: An invisible garbage can right next to the crowboy map thingy next to Reza´s office. There was another one for a advertisement, but don´t know the location from the top of my head.

- Oh, and some speech missing. Forgot who it was, like Eveolene. Guy started talking, then one sentence lacked the audio, and a subtitle was shown instead.

#5 saidsrc

saidsrc

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWhere Europe Meets Asia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:14

Spoiler

#6 NomenLuni

NomenLuni

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:22

Two bugs, although one may not be a bug as such.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Xkraft

Xkraft

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:27

(downloaded 21.Oct. 16:00, not final verson)

Have a couple of missing/invissible garbagebins.

And some missing/not playing dialouge with salesmen along the river.

Other than that i just love the mood and feel of it all. :wub:

That is one disturbed wardrobe...

Attached Files

#8 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:06

I play with an XB360 (wired) controller, and it's not all a barrel of fun, unfortunately. Bugs in order of personal preference.

1) Often the controller stops responding to the analog sticks, and the mouse cursor will pop up in the middle of the view. Pressing A on the controller will always re-enable it, but sometimes the mouse pointer will linger, getting in the way, constantly resetting to the middle of my view, no matter what I do (moving hides it, but it reappears whenever I stop moving). Then, after a while, the mouse pointer will disappear again.

2) First time I started DFC, the default action was "New Game", and "Continue" was disabled. That's fine. But when I start DFC later, "New Game" will still be the default action, even when "Continue" is enabled. This is not really like any other game I have ever played, where "Continue" is the default action, as long as save games are present.

3) An NPC pathed to the left of me, by walking through a railing on my left hand side. A person not made of paper would have a hard time fitting past me where I was walking. ;)

Spoiler

Edited by Moohouse, 21 October 2014 - 22:40.

#9 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:10

Another minor collision detection fail

Spoiler

#10 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:26

Sorry if said before, not going to find out... Journal (J) is lagging, Iv'eread everything but it's still down there glowing..

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#11 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:41

behind closed doors :lol:

Spoiler

#12 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:03

Ok here we go:

Spoiler

#13 somnolentsurfer

somnolentsurfer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:40

Also had disappearing fuses.

In the Bricks market

Spoiler

A few times, particularly in cut scenes, including the very first figure in the opening cutscene, I got flashing white boxes over characters' faces. It looks like it's probably some kind of lighting effect gone wrong, so I guess it's something to do with playing on an HD4000 on lowest settings.

#14 Zahariel

Zahariel

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:45

I encountered a couple of dialog options for which Zoe's description seemed swapped. The title matched the effect if I picked it, but Zoe described the wrong one: 

Spoiler

#15 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:38

Haven't found any bugs but I would like to ask a question in regard to patches... I'm clueless about this kind of stuff so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. :blush:

I looked for a folder designated for screenshots and didn't see one. Also checked in a few places that other games have used and didn't find anything. So, am I just not looking in the right place? And if there isn't anything set up for it, would that be something that could eventually be included in a patch?

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#16 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:41

Are you talking about taking and saving screen shots of the game? I don't know about non-Steam versions, but Steam has an integrated Screen Shot feature. F12 is the default hotkey for it and it should allow you to take screenshots and share them if you see fit. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#17 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:02

Oh, cool! Thanks, Erika. I tried finding info on the Steam site but I'm not familiar with the site and so tired that I couldn't find anything. :)

• agirlnamedbob likes this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#18 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:07

Just finished the game and overall I didn't experience that many bugs which was surprising, only had to deal with the following.

- When going into Rezas work the game crashed randomly, happened once and never again.

- The cutscene where you step in to help that political dude *don't remember his name lol* right after it says Shift the game crashed out on me.

Random.

While using controller the mouse cursor would randomly appear and stay on screen..rather annoying.

jHevh80.jpg

#19 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:13

I play with an XB360 (wired) controller, and it's not all a barrel of fun, unfortunately. Bugs in order of personal preference.

1) Often the controller stops responding to the analog sticks, and the mouse cursor will pop up in the middle of the view. Pressing A on the controller will always re-enable it, but sometimes the mouse pointer will linger, getting in the way, constantly resetting to the middle of my view, no matter what I do (moving hides it, but it reappears whenever I stop moving). Then, after a while, the mouse pointer will disappear again.

I played with a PS3 controller and MotionInJoy. It worked perfectly fine, smooth as can be. Absolutely sure there's nothing wrong with your controller?

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

Dreamfall Chapters Transcript | Twitch Stream

#20 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:32

I played with a PS3 controller and MotionInJoy. It worked perfectly fine, smooth as can be. Absolutely sure there's nothing wrong with your controller?

It works fine in every other game I own, so I doubt it. Does your controller still work after you use (as in these register any movement at all) the keyboard or mouse? Like if you take a screen shot with F12, does your controller still respond? If you press escape (main menu), does the controller still respond?

Because mine doesn't without pressing A (or, I guess, any other key). I'm using the Steam Windows version, if that's relevant.

DFC seems to disable the controller whenever any mouse or keyboard movement is registered, which no matter what, is wrong. There's no reason to disable my controller just because I answered a message, or use alt-tab. I only experience this problem in DFC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users