Photo

I just finished TLJ (and the others) and have some questions...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bird

bird

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:22

Why did April change between TLJ and Dreamfall?

What happened during the collapse? Why didn't they show the collapse in TLJ? I was really hoping to see a lot explained because I played them all in reverse order basically.

I recall there was supposed to be a moment in the TLJ where April shot someone with a gun in Newport on the ledge of a building... or at least that's what I remember, but I never saw that scene in the game. Am I remembering the wrong game? I keep thinking that was supposed to have been a pivotal turning point in her personality, from innocent to hardened.

What happened to Fiona and all them? Zack?

#2 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 January 2020 - 00:43

April was devasted in Dreamfall because in TLJ she lost all people which she loved. She didn't became The Guardian and she lost faith in everything.

The Collapse was some sort of reunion of Stark and Arcadia. Magic leak to Stark and caused disaster. The Collapse is only mentioned and very little explained in Dreamfall duology.

Zack was shoot by Vanguard agents. Fiona was alive.

#3 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1355 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:29

April also went from being an art student to being a guerrilla fighter, while the magical species in Arcadia were being persecuted and Marcuria was being occupied. So I understand her change of attitude in DF. But you're right that all that mainly happened "off-screen" between TLJ and DF.

Honestly, I really wanted a happy ending for April in DFC.  The scene in Book 5 was...okay...but I would have preferred something else.

• Rowan37 and Pawlo_86 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users