40 replies to this topic

#1 SanMadJack

SanMadJack

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:09

I just tried to play Dreamfall chapters and I've run into an issue. I started a new game, and in the first scene when the boat floats away, the visuals completely stop. The music continues for a bit, and then Windows informs me that the game has stopped responding and has to close. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit with a GeForce video card with up-to-date drivers on everything. Downloaded the early access via Steam using my humble bundle key. What do I do?

#2 Vehagn

Vehagn

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:58

I have the same problem running on WIndows 8.1 64-bit and a GeForce 680 card.

Perhaps the output_log file may help? http://pastebin.com/UM1jtSAK
And my DxDiag log for more information http://pastebin.com/KsvWVKNU

#3 plumgas

plumgas

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:36

working for me but I am having problems clicking on the controls to progress with the game

#4 vassvik

vassvik

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:00

I did some tests on Vehagn's setup, and replicated the crash several times from the same settings, where the game crashed just before the initial cutscene changes viewpoint from above to down by the water watching the boat float away.

This was on maximum settings, fullscreen, and launched from Steam.

After changing the settings back and forth, and trying the standalone executable everything suddenly worked, even on the original max settings and setup. So if you run into this problem, just try again.
  • Morten likes this

#5 SanMadJack

SanMadJack

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 13:35

I tried a few times with the exact same crash last night, but I didn't try running it via the executable. I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

#6 vassvik

vassvik

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 14:00

I tried a few times with the exact same crash last night, but I didn't try running it via the executable. I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.

Just to clarify, it worked through steam in the end. For some reason it didn't like it the first few times. :/

#7 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 14:07

That's an issue for the "weird ones"-box then. We'll be sure to look into what may cause this.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

• DiskJunky likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#8 lanebarrow

lanebarrow

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 15:37

I'm having trouble getting beyond the opening cutscene in Chapters.  If I set my visual quality to "Low" I can progress, but anything higher crashes the game.  I have an older display adapter (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260).

Any suggestions?

#9 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 15:42

I'm having trouble getting beyond the opening cutscene in Chapters.  If I set my visual quality to "Low" I can progress, but anything higher crashes the game.  I have an older display adapter (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260).

Any suggestions?

Keep settings on 'low' I guess :( Have you tried updating the graphics driver? This can (sometimes) resolve the issue

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#10 jmt

jmt

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:30

I have the same freeze and crash issue on Amazing and High graphics settings. On Medium and Low it works.

I'm running Windows 7 with the latest graphics drivers for GeForce GTX 680M SLI.

Here is my output log file: http://pastebin.com/4r3dgJ10

And my DxDiag.txt: http://pastebin.com/8FVnUTDQ

#11 lanebarrow

lanebarrow

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 16:53

Keep settings on 'low' I guess :( Have you tried updating the graphics driver? This can (sometimes) resolve the issue

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try that.

Maybe it's time to update my video card, but it seems like others with more up-to-date cards are having the same problem.

• DiskJunky likes this

#12 Reiske

Reiske

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:17

I'm also having the same problem it crashes after the first cutscene when the boat is fading away

I dont think it should be your gpu since i'm using a gtx 570

And just for the sake of saying the "logos" at the start with the RTG and The support of bakers etc goes painfully slow 

#13 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:00

I'm also having the same problem it crashes after the first cutscene when the boat is fading away

I dont think it should be your gpu since i'm using a gtx 570

And just for the sake of saying the "logos" at the start with the RTG and The support of bakers etc goes painfully slow 

Just ruling out the obvious: do you have anything running in the background? The title loader should be easily run - it's effectively just playing video

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#14 lanebarrow

lanebarrow

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:35

I've come up with a work-around for those who are crashing on the opening cutscene.  Begin the game in Low visual quality, and then switch to High as soon as the first chapter loads. It seems that the crash occurs during the transition from cutscene to gameplay but not after.

This works for me anyway.

#15 Reiske

Reiske

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 22:39

I've come up with a work-around for those who are crashing on the opening cutscene.  Begin the game in Low visual quality, and then switch to High as soon as the first chapter loads. It seems that the crash occurs during the transition from cutscene to gameplay but not after.

This works for me anyway.

Indeed this fixed the crash

Just ruling out the obvious: do you have anything running in the background? The title loader should be easily run - it's effectively just playing video

Nothing at all just steam, although i try running the game from the main .exe without steam and it's the same thing

i dont know why that intro logo goes like around 15-20 everytime it fades to a new image

#16 EndlessJourney4

EndlessJourney4

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:11

Can somebody tell me how I can find the main.exe file? Or do I have to wait til the DRM version is added? I got the Steam key and downloaded the game but my computer and Steam don't seem to get along. I set the visuals to low and its still not helping. I'm not sure if its my computer or the platform. And, before I blame my computer...I want to try and find out if its Steam.

#17 muhkuh

muhkuh

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:15

Same here.

Windows 8.1, Nvidia GTX 760

Every time, at this szene :(

I just tried to play Dreamfall chapters and I've run into an issue. I started a new game, and in the first scene when the boat floats away, the visuals completely stop. The music continues for a bit, and then Windows informs me that the game has stopped responding and has to close

#18 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:50

Can somebody tell me how I can find the main.exe file? Or do I have to wait til the DRM version is added? I got the Steam key and downloaded the game but my computer and Steam don't seem to get along. I set the visuals to low and its still not helping. I'm not sure if its my computer or the platform. And, before I blame my computer...I want to try and find out if its Steam.

In your steam library, right click Dreamfall Chapters, Properties, Local Files, Browse Local Files...

You may then drag this exe with your right mouse button to your desktop, and choose "Create shortcuts here".

Hope this helps. There's also a button in the in game settings menu to disable steam integration.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#19 darthagal

darthagal

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:22

Hello everyone,

I am having the problem of crashing also, but in a different location in game. I click to exit the shrink's office, the loading screen appears (the Balance sign is turning) and then the game crashes. FIrst time it just go tme back to desktop, the second time it reported that Dreamfall Chapters .exe stopped responding. Anyone familiar with this issue?

Graphics is on lowest, the game is slow (including cut-scenes), but I am manging to play.

P.S. an update: I have just checked the produced log file - it is the lack of memory on my computer, so the above seems not to be a game issue, no worries!

• Tina likes this

#20 muhkuh

muhkuh

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:36

This happen everywhere in Europolis, for me. :( This isnt funny. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users