Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 17:42

1. Give specs and quality settings you're using
CPU: Phenom x4 9650 (2.3ghz)
RAM: 4Gb DDR2
GPU: ATI 6750 1GB DDR5

Played until Europolis in 1080p in High with AA in Low and everything else off.

After that i tried lowering both resolution and quality, No big change.

2. Say what kind of framerate range you mean when you say choppy

It peaked at 17fps in the lowest possible settings, no mather the config 4-9fps on highly detailed areas.

3. Give an exact location where you're experiencing this (careful of spoilers guys!)

Spoiler

4. And most importantly, try restart the game and see if the same thing still persists.

I noticed better performance when playing in my TV through HDMI. When i tried playing in my monitor through VGA it dropped fps. But restarting didn't help.

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#102 Benijermin

Benijermin

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 18:09

I admit I have a very low end desktop.  And I can't even change the settings, for some reason it won't let me change the resolution or the quality.  I was able to somehow uncheck fullscreen mode though... -.-

#103 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 29 October 2014 - 19:36

I admit I have a very low end desktop.  And I can't even change the settings, for some reason it won't let me change the resolution or the quality.  I was able to somehow uncheck fullscreen mode though... -.-

This is probably due to bad framerate on the Title-screen. Bad framerate == bad accuracy when picking up input events (i.e. mouse-clicks).

We've tuned down some performance-heavy effects on the Title-screen in the coming patch/update however, so you should have a better time changing your options when that's released. ;)

• Bluelikevelvet likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#104 Dr. Kin

Dr. Kin

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 14:13

The lowest framerate was in Mira's workshop: 4-5 fps, while in Europolis (on the streets) it was 10-15 fps. Seems odd, comparing sizes of locations.

Settings: 1366x768, quality: awesome, antialiasing: medium, grain on, depth of field on, no ssao, no motion blur.

System: Intel i5-2430M, Nvidia Geforce GT 520M, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, latest video drivers.

#105 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 October 2014 - 14:23

The Pandemonium is a bit heavy as it is using a lot of different lights and lighting effects.

We're looking into turning this down a bit to increase framerate in this location. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#106 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 31 October 2014 - 14:27

lot of different lights and lighting effects.

Well-DING?

• Morten likes this

#107 migatora

migatora

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 14:55

That would be great if improvement are made in Pandemonium! it is there were I get the worst framerate. Everywhere else it is excellent.

Thanks,

Miguel

• Morten likes this

#108 Bluelikevelvet

Bluelikevelvet

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSpain!

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:24

The Pandemonium is a bit heavy as it is using a lot of different lights and lighting effects.

We're looking into turning this down a bit to increase framerate in this location. :)

Hi, Morten! 

I'm having black artifacts due to the lightning in The Hand that Feeds, and I cannot display the interaction menu of Reza, Sully and so on... So I cannot continue with the story. Also the framerate is lower than europolis. I'm running on a mac, so you can tell I had tremendous artifacts before the first update for mac and linux. My question is... will this area be revised in patch 1.2? :3 Thanks!

:crow: "You know that Rubber Ducky comes from April Ryan's appartment right? RIGHT?!"

#109 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:42

Hmm.. We will have to look into that. At this stage, I cannot say if or when this will be updated.

We have yet to look into what will be prioritized for the next patch and when that eventually will be released.

I'm sorry that you're having these issues, but we will update when we know anything more. :)

• Bluelikevelvet likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users