108 replies to this topic

#41 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:31

<specs>

are my settings "okay" to play the game?

I tried to play the steam version and couldnt even get past the first second of the opening sequence

You should be able to play no problem. What is happening, specifically that won't let you get through the opening sequence?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#42 Jedi Leo

Jedi Leo

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationDenmark and A galaxy far away

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:44

In the meantime if you guys could:

1. Give specs and quality settings you're using

2. Say what kind of framerate range you mean when you say choppy

3. Give an exact location where you're experiencing this (careful of spoilers guys!)

4. And most importantly, try restart the game and see if the same thing still persists.

Thanks! :)

@Andreas: Can you give your specs?

Started playing yesterday. In-game playing is pretty good and I am playing with settings to the max, however cut scenes are very very lagging. I experience also small black squares popping up on the face of characters or randomly on the screen. I noticed this in both the beginning and Kian cut scene, but noticeably much more in the first cut scene. No improvement in cutscenes even when I set the settings all down to medium.

1- Specs: MacBook Pro 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel Iris 1536 MB, 8 GB system memory.

2- I do not know the frame rate but it´s very slow and choppy. Characters are speaking quite a few seconds after the audio of what they re saying has played out. Also black squares popping up randomly on the screen.

3- First cutscene  and generally also other cut scenes. (played up to Kian cutscene)

4- I will play again today the same part and report back. 

Game crashed randomly a couple of times too, and cursor was disappearing on me while playing on Steam. I write this , though not sure if it´s a game issue or a Steam issue.

The Lion, flying supersonic, spreading light through the galaxies, Jedi Master, protector of dreams and creator of the Perv On tag

Twitter @JediPrinceLeo

#43 winring

winring

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:18

MacBook Air 11

1,3Ghz i5

8GB ram

Intel HD Graphics 5000

on Bootcamp

- I didn't find any way how to measure it in-game. So probably 10-15 fps,

3. Give an exact location where you're experiencing this (careful of spoilers guys!)

Prison mostly.

Cutscenes sometimes show white squares. It looks like wrong light reflection. 

#44 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:57

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140706-1506)

MSI (MS-7680)

Intel® Pentium® CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

4096MB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB

I was playing on High with everything maxed without any problems until I got to

Spoiler
where it got unplayable. After lowering to Medium and disabling Grain and everything else it worked better. Still, all the cutscenes are laggy no matter what. At one point after tinkering with settings in that area, game crashed to desktop. I have a crash report if you want me to send it to you.

I don't know how to look for framerate.

Opening intro was very slow, not laggy, but slow, like it was in slow motion. Also,

Spoiler
as I mentioned.

4. And most importantly, try restart the game and see if the same thing still persists.

After the crash happened, I started the game again and area where I was having issues was very much playable (I played without problems again on High settings) but the cutscenes were still slow and laggy.

EDIT: Update on my issues with lag--Leo gave me a tip to lower my resolution. After lowering my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900, game now works flawlessly with Awesome settings and everything maxed out.

Edited by Jecica, 23 October 2014 - 18:12.

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#45 Jedi Leo

Jedi Leo

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:58

I can confirm the game is definitely playable here with max settings and max alias, however the initial cutscene is still incredibly laggy and game crashes repeatedly during that scene. Also I still see the black squares.

The Lion, flying supersonic, spreading light through the galaxies, Jedi Master, protector of dreams and creator of the Perv On tag

Twitter @JediPrinceLeo

#46 Quintin

Quintin

Token Afro-Asian

• RTG Staff
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:41

For those on laptops with both integrated and discrete graphics, make sure that your system is actually using your discrete GPU.

See here for Windows:

http://superuser.com...he-discrete-gpu (Nvidia)

http://h20565.www2.h..._na-c03048374-1 (ATI)

And here for Mac:

https://gfx.io

Pls note that our *minimum* requirement is an Intel HD 4000. If you're running on an integrated GPU, it's probably a good idea to keep your quality setting to Low :)

Hope this helps!

• DiskJunky likes this

#47 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:45

*crying laughing at Quintin's title* :D Very South Park! ;)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#48 Evil Duck

Evil Duck

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:18

Not to be whiny, but i really dont think this has anything to do with nvidia optimus or other AMD APU solutions when there are alot of people (including me) both here and in the steam forums that have major lag issues on literally the fastest GPUs and CPUs on the consumer market (nvidia 980s and intel 5xxx CPUs). I hope there will be a fix for this soon so that I'll acctually be able to play this game :(

#49 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:20

They are looking into the problem.

April Ryan is my friend,

#50 Kalthoff

Kalthoff

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:48

Not to be whiny, but i really dont think this has anything to do with nvidia optimus or other AMD APU solutions when there are alot of people (including me) both here and in the steam forums that have major lag issues on literally the fastest GPUs and CPUs on the consumer market (nvidia 980s and intel 5xxx CPUs). I hope there will be a fix for this soon so that I'll acctually be able to play this game :(

Exactly, I have to run Dreamfall Chapters on low with all AA off still getting 10-20 fps yet I can run Spintires on max with no frame drops. This is entirely down to a lack of optimisation and a junk engine in Unity. The lazy response to this is "not on MY machine" and that's all we've heard from the devs so far. I'll just put the game in my backlog until they truly finish it a few patches later.

#51 DrHouse

DrHouse

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:10

When they announced they'd be using the Unity engine a year ago I already anticipated this and suggested they use Unreal and was called "a moron" for not knowing what I was talking about.

#52 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:16

When they announced they'd be using the Unity engine a year ago I already anticipated this and suggested they use Unreal and was called "a moron" for not knowing what I was talking about.

I'm sorry someone said that, they shouldn't have. But it is possible to get a good performing game in Unity (just look at Kerbal Space Program).

April Ryan is my friend,

#53 lordnox24

lordnox24

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:23

CPU: Q9550 2.8Ghz Overclocked to 3.4Ghz
GPU: nVidia GTX 570 1.2GB Ram; Core clock: 780mhz, Shader clock: 1560hmz, Memory clock: 2000mhz
MOBO: Asus P5Q
RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 CorsairCM2X 800mhz

Game works ok on "medium" settings untill the 1st big city (where you test shitbot and stuff). That's when the FPS drops start (probably because the area is so big). The light shaft bug is present the whole time though.

The game is great. Will patiently wait for the patch to come out :)

#54 beatusman

beatusman

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 15:44

Sorry for my bad english. I have a similar problem. In the office of Dr. Zelenka, in the main menu, in prison and in the Europolis a very low FPS (10-18 fps on high or medium settings with aa and ssao low 1920*1080). FPS increased only at minimum settings. In Europolis also has a very large RAM consumption and the observed lag even on minimum settings (FPS jumps 10 - 40). My pc spec: Core 2 duo e 7300 overclocked to 3600 mhz, Radeon HD 7750 (1 gb GDDR5, Catalyst 14.9 instaled ), 4gb(2x2 800 mhz) ram , windows 7 x64. 

Spoiler

#55 Singul4r1ty

Singul4r1ty

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 22 October 2014 - 18:03

I have same problems, noticed it immediatly when i tried to change settings in the opening menu, really unresponsive and slow. FRAPS tells me im only hitting 8FPS on medium quality setting and that jumps to 10FPS when I change it to low ....

VGx6LNS.jpg

#56 edd

edd

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 18:39

About 10fps here, Vista SP2, Core2 Quad 2.33GHz, 4GB ram. Radeon HD5450.

It's on the menu screen through the intro and right into the start. It's slightly bursty, with bigger stutters every second or so in game.

To first order, it's independent of graphic settings (it's 10fps on lowest possible at 1280x720, maybe half that at worst on 1920x1080 awesome, but I'm guessing the figures rather than measuring).

I've given up trying to play and am downloading for a Mac laptop in the hope that's better.

#57 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 18:55

Intel Core2 Q8300 @2.5 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 6870

8 GB RAM (DDR2 1066Hz CL9)

I've tried all settings from everything at the lowest and 1280x720 to everything but AA and SSAO at max (those two off). It hardly makes a difference, at most 3 - 5 fps.

SSAO and AA impacts framerate a lot, but that is to be expected.

8 - 15 fps is typical in main city hub, never saw it reach 30 at any location or combination of settings there.

Better elsewhere, though never exactly great.

Main city hub is where it (for me) impacted the play through.

It's persistent.

April Ryan is my friend,

#58 Jedi Leo

Jedi Leo

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 19:08

Pls note that our *minimum* requirement is an Intel HD 4000. If you're running on an integrated GPU, it's probably a good idea to keep your quality setting to Low :)

Hope this helps!

This is a good general advice, but it does not apply to the cutscene lag. I have a MacBook Pro with integrated graphic and I can run the game on max settings including max alias no problems, however the initial cutscene is incredibly lagging with black squares showing up, no matter what settings I run the game as. So there is definitely something wrong there imo...

Twitter @JediPrinceLeo

#59 pixelat3d

pixelat3d

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 19:31

It's real bad, and it's something they will have to address and fix. Re-hired too many people from funcom it seems  :D 

I suggest simply not playing for the time being until they can work out a lot of the issues, or just severely drop resolution/quality. It's really very unplayable in a whole lot of places.

FWIW;

Dual 970s, 2600K i7 (quad-core) OC'd to 4.5Ghz.

#60 Margo

Margo

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMoscow,Russia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 20:04

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU@ 3.30 GHz

Nvidia Quadro 600

8 Gb RAM

Lowest settings

5-15 fps

Europolis and cutscenes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users