Photo

So I take it Zoë's voice actress ISNT in Chapters?

voice actress zoe zoë Ellie Conrad Leigh

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 Emmote

Emmote

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:27

I love the new voice. Absolutely love it. It felt like Zoë immediately. I could tell that it wasn't the original voice, but it didn't bother me.

• TalkingOak, BummsGeordy and Adam Jensen like this

--Emmo

#82 Flo

Flo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:16

I avoided all spoilers in the weeks leading up to release so I was quite startled when I first heard the new voice actress, but she quickly grew on me. She pulls off Zoë's new-found sass perfectly.

#83 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:13

I'm going to be honest with you, I'm having the opposite experiences. I was iffy, and then she started to grow on me, but by the end of Chapter One I was really into Zoe's new voice. I

Obviously this is totally one of those subjective / opinion things. So I'm not asking anyone to agree with me. Just saying that New!Zoe definitely feels like Zoe to me. 

Me too, I prefer New-Zoë :)

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#84 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7374 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 22 October 2014 - 16:28

I love new Zoe too. And new Kian... I just love the whole thing! :wub:

• khh likes this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#85 Dolmari Gamble

Dolmari Gamble

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea, Simferopolis.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 17:21

Nailed it, definitely not like Ellie, but awesomely different. Simply adore deep voices. Sooo, what's her name?

HyKUWYb.png

#86 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 17:39

Although the change of voice was driven by real-world practicalities (I've heard of these things - no likey!) there is a thematic justification for the bolder phrasing which I really appreciated when she was mulling over her choices in chapter 1. Which then influenced how I thought such a character would react. So, well played!

#87 Roxie

Roxie

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:52

I'm really liking the new voice actress.  Zoe's grown up a bit, and the new voice acting brings that across, I think.

The dialogue writing is quite possibly the best I've seen in a video game, and she pushes it over the top, IMHO.

• khh likes this

#88 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 22:12

The new voice actress is brilliant. I won't compare old Zoe with new Zoe, they are both awesome and changing the VA didn't bother me at all. I even prefer the huskier "New Zoe" Also, I'm curious who the new voice actors are! Can't find their names anywhere.

• Thundex likes this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#89 charmed23

charmed23

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh city, Vietnam

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:54

ah man, I miss Ellie's voice so so so so much.

but it's great that Ragnar and the team are super happy with Charlotte. 

I'm still getting used to the new Zoe, she sounds great so far.

#90 Ghost

Ghost

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:55

The new voice actress is great. I really like her now that I'm used to her voice. But it was sort of disappointing to not be recognizing the Zoe you remember at the beginning.

#91 Elpiniki Kappa

Elpiniki Kappa

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationLeeds, UK

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:58

I like her. :) Granted she sounds a bit posh. Which can be a bit annoying, but then again Zoe was always a bit annoying to me (in a very nice way :P ) so that suits her very very much IMO.

Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum - Romani ite domum...

#92 Raebyn

Raebyn

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2014 - 13:04

I played TLJ and DF in German, DFC in English, so the voice is new to me anyway. And I like her.

#93 burnsflipper

burnsflipper

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:39

A bit late to the party...

I have a superhuman ability to recognise voice actors. If I’m watching an animation, or a TV advert, or a movie, or any kind of voiceover, I can often tell you within a spoken sentence or less who it is, and what else they were in. It works not just for really famous people – anyone can get James Earl Jones – but for ordinary-sounding people too. I can even get disguised voices. It’s an amazing skill that has no value at all.

At the weekend my wife was watching “Call The Midwife” on BBC. I was doing my e-mail on my laptop. All of a sudden, my ears pricked up, and I pointed to the TV screen and said “That midwife is Zoe!”. By the end of the episode there was no doubt, it was exactly the same voice, with that slight gravelly quality on some words. I didn’t know the character’s name, so I couldn't get the actress’ name on the credits.

I Googled for the voice actor for Zoe in Dreamfall Chapters, and there’s no real results of who it is. It's a surprisingly sparse result. The IMDB page doesn’t list who voices Zoe. I found a link on the DC FAQ which links to a tweet saying "Fantastic #Dreamfall #Chapters VO session at @SideUK today with @Charitchie". When I clicked on the link of her name…the actress I’d just pointed to on the TV screen now appeared on my laptop screen.

Charlotte Ritchie is the voice of Zoe in Dreamfall Chapters. Fact!

• magic88889 likes this

#94 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:44

As far as we know, that's correct.  Nice to hear another confirmation! 

Although just to be clear, it was Ellie Conrad-Leigh in the original Dreamfall.

#95 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:58

I have a superhuman ability to recognise voice actors. If I’m watching an animation, or a TV advert, or a movie, or any kind of voiceover, I can often tell you within a spoken sentence or less who it is, and what else they were in. It works not just for really famous people – anyone can get James Earl Jones – but for ordinary-sounding people too. I can even get disguised voices. It’s an amazing skill that has no value at all.

At the weekend my wife was watching “Call The Midwife” on BBC. I was doing my e-mail on my laptop. All of a sudden, my ears pricked up, and I pointed to the TV screen and said “That midwife is Zoe!”. By the end of the episode there was no doubt, it was exactly the same voice, with that slight gravelly quality on some words. I didn’t know the character’s name, so I couldn't get the actress’ name on the credits.

I Googled for the voice actor for Zoe in Dreamfall Chapters, and there’s no real results of who it is. It's a surprisingly sparse result. The IMDB page doesn’t list who voices Zoe. I found a link on the DC FAQ which links to a tweet saying "Fantastic #Dreamfall #Chapters VO session at @SideUK today with @Charitchie". When I clicked on the link of her name…the actress I’d just pointed to on the TV screen now appeared on my laptop screen.

And why are you not watching Siblings? Unfortunately, it being a little know series in BBC3, there's no way it'll ever make it's way here. Lukily I have... other means...

:)

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#96 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:17

That ability to detect any voice you have ? Any chance you could extract & bottle it ?
For those like me who can't tell a voice from Adam when the phone rings ;)
  • Mr_Russ likes this

#97 Carlos

Carlos

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:33

I have a superhuman ability to recognise voice actors. If I’m watching an animation, or a TV advert, or a movie, or any kind of voiceover,

So uh, is it just me or is that Lara Croft in Grey's Anatomy?

Chaos! Panic! Disorder! My work is done here!

#98 Emmote

Emmote

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 22:58

I did watch about 10 seconds of Siblings and thought that she sounds a lot like Zoë.

--Emmo

#99 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:14

Mystery resolved here is Zoes voice actress in DFC in a hillarious scene from the show Fresh Meat 

https://www.youtube....h?v=FczZiEQd9iI

• WorldsReunited likes this

#100 Laura

Laura

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:18

Wow I love Call the Midwife but I never put two and two together! Makes sense now that I think about it. Well spotted!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voice actress, zoe, zoë, Ellie Conrad Leigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users