Photo

So I take it Zoë's voice actress ISNT in Chapters?

voice actress zoe zoë Ellie Conrad Leigh

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 NeilClaimer

NeilClaimer

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 14 October 2014 - 15:26

Cave Johnson would say "that's more Zoë per Zoë". But seriously, it's that the accent is also the same that it gives it at least continuity. I also believe girls with this kind of voice are mostly good singers as well :P and then Zoë can sing to the balance like banda

The bold part does seem to be true indeed :D

Holy shit yes!

• agirlnamedbob likes this

I was born to hold a DualShock · Scrobbling gives me life

I seem to keep waiting for Reza to ask me to pick up a package for him or something

#42 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 October 2014 - 15:34

How the fuck have we fucking missed that?!??? That's like four months old!!

I was sort of thinking the same thing. 

Clearly we've all been slacking off in our stalking duties. 

• Vainamoinen and NeilClaimer like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#43 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 October 2014 - 15:38

P.S. Do we have guesses as to who the other mentioned person is voicing? Leo Staar? 

• Vainamoinen likes this

#44 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 16:29

Yes, Kian. These age old voiceover sessions probably didn't incorporate many other characters besides the excessively central ones.

He said, provoking Ragnar to step in and spill the beans by 'correcting' him.

• agirlnamedbob, NeilClaimer and Bruno like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#45 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 October 2014 - 16:32

That was my kneejerk, but listening to a clip of him from an interview, I wasn't sure if it sounded like what we'd heard of Kian. 

Yes, Ragnar, please step in and settle this dispute. Before it gets ugly.

• NeilClaimer likes this

#46 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 14 October 2014 - 17:11

My ears never let me down, usually they get a kind of audible 'rash" on the timbral spectrum of their voice (hard to explain what I mean), but it's due to singing. it's what gives a voice soul.

All these soul singers have it, it's like having a sore voice, as if you have  cold but more subtile, especially audible if they talk.

And ofcourse the most extreme example on this planet: The woman has such an enormous "singing voice blues rash" on hers that it becomes 2 voices :) Janis joplin :)

PS:

And yep, her (Zoë, Charlotte) talking :)

• Bruno likes this

#47 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 October 2014 - 18:42

Janis Joplin's voice is hard to match or surpass for sure, but I don't think she would sound like a 20-something year old at ... 71, even if still alive. :P

Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix (both incidentally dead at 27 y.o.) voicing Mira and Wit would be interesting. And certainly newsworthy world wide! :D

#48 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 October 2014 - 18:54

I couldn't understand why the Charlotte Richie video was stuttering so in 720P, but then I noticed I forgot to log off the work VPN ...

My epic IT skillz seem to evade me. :unsure:

• CosmicD likes this

#49 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 October 2014 - 21:09

I'm actually happy that we have new voice actress for Zoe. I thought that the original one sounded as if she was always asleep, no emotions. I just couldn't relate to her. The Russian Zoe was brilliant though, she made smile and cry, such an emotional performance.
  • CosmicD likes this

#50 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 15 October 2014 - 21:34

Well, I just read this topic yesterday and I suddenly lost my words... :(  

Ellie won´t come back to dub Zoë? It hit me so... so hard that I wasn´t able to react immediatelly...

Today I tried to consume it and look at it with my sober mind...still can´t believe that but I have to accept that, what else could I do, right?

I hope the new voice will be at least as half as brilliant as Ellie´s ....keeping my fingers crossed  :sotb:

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#51 Nertez

Nertez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBratislava, Slovakia, EU

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:09

Well, I just read this topic yesterday and I suddenly lost my words... :(  

Ellie won´t come back to dub Zoë? It hit me so... so hard that I wasn´t able to react immediatelly...

Today I tried to consume it and look at it with my sober mind...still can´t believe that but I have to accept that, what else could I do, right?

I hope the new voice will be at least as half as brilliant as Ellie´s ....keeping my fingers crossed  :sotb:

I agree... this suck :-( I know it's a first world problem, but Zoe's voice in Dreamfall WAS ZOE. That's what defined her! Now she LOOKS different and SOUND different... I'm really curious about the final product, but I'm getting reallty really worried.  :wacko:  :unsure:  :o

#52 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:10

I can say only this: In Ragnar We Trust.

• Tina, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 2 others like this

#53 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:27

I know that there's no accounting for tastes, but this "looks different" thing I just can't understand. For the very original Zoe design that they showed during the Kickstarter I can get that it was looking slightly different (more "round" face, quite different cheekbone structure or something), though still easily recongnizable as her, but the "final" Zoe we have is perfectly identical with Dreamfall's, only with more polygons! Kian has changed more, but I don't see anyone complaining about that.

As for the voice, yes it's really jarring that Ellie can't reprise her role because she is no longer acting (and has moved to Australia), but that's mostly because we don't like our characters changing voice in the middle of a story. From another standpoint though, the new voice actress is on all accounts a very talented and upcoming young actress (and singer!) who is very likely able to give us an amazing performance on par with Sarah Hamilton's April, something that Ellie didn't achieve* in Dreamfall.

*I'm not bashing the girl, she was good, but Hamilton was incredible, and after looking up some information about Charlotte Richie I start to hope that she can be that good.

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, Riaise and 3 others like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#54 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 October 2014 - 15:18

Kian has changed more, but I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Thank you. That's been rattling around in the back of my mind and I've been wanting to say it for a while, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to poke that particular nest of hornets. 

Re: Zoe ... Again, I'm really digging her "new" look. I feel like she was translated beautifully into a newer game with way better graphics. I love the key art. I love her outfits (that we've seen so far)... I'm thrilled. And if the team is stoked about the new voice, then I'm taking it on faith that it'll continue to grow on me as I play the game. 

Still waiting to see/hear more of Kian. I keep feeling like he's the forgotten middle child of the TLJ/DF characters. "Zoe, Zoe, Zoe..."

• popcorngal, khh and NeilClaimer like this

#55 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 15:24

hehe, it's weird but I think Kian sounds more like Kian than the origian Kian :P hes voice has a more dramatic and deep tone to it, with the former kian it was clearly audible that the voice actor had to lower his voice and impersonate a viril warrior. This next one actually sounds like that.

• wandrew likes this

#56 Dolmari Gamble

Dolmari Gamble

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea, Simferopolis.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 16:05

It a real shame that Ellie retired from acting. Honestly, when i first heard new voice actess in preview videos (alpha ones) i was all "meh, this is not Zoё" but, hopefully, it will grow on me. Especially since i quite like it.

Yay for Richie :D

HyKUWYb.png

#57 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 16:39

the one from rezzed also isn't Charlotte I think, that voice sounds way different.

#58 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 October 2014 - 16:41

Yay for Richie :D

It's still not confirmed, but we'll know for sure very soon. Anyway, I like both the old and the new Zoë so far. I'm sure RTG won't disappoint me.

#59 Dolmari Gamble

Dolmari Gamble

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBlack Sea, Simferopolis.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 18:26

the one from rezzed also isn't Charlotte I think, that voice sounds way different.

Damn it, now I'm so confused. She sounded nice enough. Ah, whatever. Nobody cares about Kian, it seems. Figures.
  • DiskJunky likes this

HyKUWYb.png

#60 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 October 2014 - 18:57

Now that I'm replaying TLJ, I realized once again how magnificent is the voice acting in it. The way the characters perform the script... It makes you forget that it's a script - it sounds much more like an audiobook. Every single voice actor is spot on (Abnaxus will be my eternal favourite). In my humble opinion, only very few games ever reached this extremely high standard, and most of those are AAA titles with - I'm guessing - budgets higher than TLJ's by several magnitude (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Max Payne come to mind).

And this is why I am absolutely adamant that RTG will make the right choice with the new voice actor for Zoë and Kian. They have such awesome knack for this that they deserve nothing less than total, utter trust.

• WorldsReunited, popcorngal, spyked and 1 other like this

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voice actress, zoe, zoë, Ellie Conrad Leigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users