Photo

So I take it Zoë's voice actress ISNT in Chapters?

voice actress zoe zoë Ellie Conrad Leigh

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 13 October 2014 - 22:04

And don't even get me started on what a full year means in bird life...

/edit: @Ragnar: Good thing we'll at least have April forever. FOREVER!!

Not to mention for 8 YEARS....

• agirlnamedbob and popcorngal like this

#22 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 22:04

Fixed it for you.  :evil:

That conflation was purposeful. Very much so. :sotb:

• agirlnamedbob and NeilClaimer like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#23 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 October 2014 - 22:07

That conflation was purposeful. Very much so. :sotb:

I know, I just like being a dick. ;) 

• NeilClaimer likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#24 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 13 October 2014 - 22:18

I haven't heard the new Zoë yet. I'm one of these weird spoiler-avoiders :blink: ;) But I'm looking forward to hearing her! I played Dreamfall in French last time cos I preferred the French Zoë. I only just learned recently that English-voiced Wonkers was the teddy in the film AI! Well, in French he was adorable too. I wonder if the French guy did the dubbing in AI as well, that would be wild!

#25 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 13 October 2014 - 22:25

My feelings are the same. Ellie was lovely, she brought Zoë to life. She didn't have her heart set on acting, however, and I believe Dreamfall was one of the last things she ever did. The new actor is someone who's been acting for a long time (despite her young age) and who has an extremely bright future ahead of her — hopefully we won't lose her before Chapters is done! She's incredibly talented and personable, and the dialogue has very much been (re-)written with her in mind.

I was actually a fan before we cast her: it was just lucky coincidence that she auditioned. And, to me, she is the perfect Zoë in every way. Attitude, character, quirkiness, humour, geeky-ness, awkwardness. All the nesses. She's awesome. And the whole team has fallen in love with Zoë all over again.

Cave Johnson would say "that's more Zoë per Zoë". But seriously, it's that the accent is also the same that it gives it at least continuity. I also believe girls with this kind of voice are mostly good singers as well :P and then Zoë can sing to the balance like banda

• NeilClaimer likes this

#26 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 22:38

If she had an inhalation tube that couldve damaged her vocal cords :D but alas, she doesnt. Because future.

#27 mattpitt1991

mattpitt1991

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 00:58

I'm pretty sure the new voice actress for Zoe is Charlotte Ritchie. Watching the gameplay previews, I recognised her from a recent BBC comedy ('Siblings' - I would highly recommend it and Charlotte's performance!). Ragnar also mentioned a while back that she's in the game in some capacity:

I don't know if this has been officially confirmed anywhere though(?). Regardless, I'm very excited to see what the new voice actress brings to the role, and it sounds good already!

The new actor is someone who's been acting for a long time (despite her young age) and who has an extremely bright future ahead of her — hopefully we won't lose her before Chapters is done!

I always had the impression (at least after the episodic announcement) that the voice actors would be recording across numerous sessions, but does this mean that they're not contracted in for all episodes? Or is it just a case of your production/release schedule taking precedence over their availability?

• wandrew, Tina, WorldsReunited and 5 others like this

#28 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:55

I understood that phrase of Ragnar as a (rather bad) joke, frankly. It seems highly illogical to switch the main voice actress mid-game, except if really catastrophic events take place (of the kind that we shouldn't even think about).

Also, after seeing the quote from that twitter in June I can't help but wonder why they changed their mind and didn't properly "introduce" the voice cast to the backers, they seemed to have plans to do us.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#29 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:07

Yeah, I took that quote from Ragnar to be another way of saying that the voice actor will go far and get many jobs in the future. I don't think actors are not contracted for all episodes but the availability (due to other jobs) may slightly affect schedules, I guess.

If I remember correctly, Ragnar also said we won't have Crow in Book 1 (sadface), so they still have time to get back that actor (crossing fingers). Meaning that they have not necessarily cast all characters yet.
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#30 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:08

They wanted to announce the voice cast to the backers, but they aren't allowed to use their names in "promotional material". I think what happened was that some lawyers decided that even just telling the backers would count as a promotion, and advised them not to. They've certainly been getting enough undeserved flak that I don't think they'd want to risk even a small breach in their contracts.

• Tina and Bruno like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#31 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:33

Yeah, I took that quote from Ragnar to be another way of saying that the voice actor will go far and get many jobs in the future. I don't think actors are not contracted for all episodes but the availability (due to other jobs) may slightly affect schedules, I guess.

If I remember correctly, Ragnar also said we won't have Crow in Book 1 (sadface), so they still have time to get back that actor (crossing fingers). Meaning that they have not necessarily cast all characters yet.

Let's hope she has a heart for RTG and TLJ saga and says that she always WANTS to make time for it :P

#32 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:03

Let's hope she has a heart for RTG and TLJ saga and says that she always WANTS to make time for it :P

Often, one's wants must give way to the needs instead.

#33 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:49

they aren't allowed to use their names in "promotional material"

Why on earth would that be? I'm sure you're right, but what legal reason is there for not being allowed to say who's acting in your game? Sounds very odd!

#34 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:55

[Ragnar tweet that clearly confirms Charlotte Ritchie as Zoë]

How the fuck have we fucking missed that?!??? That's like four months old!!

Well, I guess everyone was rather waiting for an ECL confirmation, thinking "it can't be... it can't be..." all the time.

All right, back to updating the ol' FAQ with a "rumor". ;)
  • agirlnamedbob and NeilClaimer like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#35 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:57

I always assumed they were Mira and Wit. :P

• WorldsReunited and Vainamoinen like this

#36 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:09

I guess Mira would rather get an American voice. Not that British women can't swear. It's just that it sounds too sophisticated. ;)
  • trentjaspar likes this

#37 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:16

Mira was born in Bombay, so  maybe she has Indian accent.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#38 Andreas

Andreas

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationLillesand, Norway

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:20

Only one week left and we will get a lot of answers. Be patient my minio.... err I mean my friends  :D

"Remember that today is tomorrow's yesterday and that tomorrow's yesterday is yesterday's tomorrow." - By Andreas

#39 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:32

voice acting seems to be such a stuck up business with many restrictions. I've worked for [redacted] and they had a community project with VO but [redacted] said it's not even allowed to use volunteer voices in their dlc because of [redacted] contracts with [redacted] agency :P

#40 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:35

Mira was born in Bombay, so  maybe she has Indian accent.

That would actually be incredible, maybe just a slight hint of the 'musical' Indian English intonation. But with Mira being pretty white, I think the (excessively stupid) Tiny Tina controversy would follow.
  • NeilClaimer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voice actress, zoe, zoë, Ellie Conrad Leigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users