Photo

Norwegian version (RTG staff or someone who knows)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 00:53

Just wondering if the Norwegian version is in the same pacage as the English.

With this I mean will it be a multilingual on installation or a seperate installation? as the previous TLJ games.

Signed up for the RTG / Humble Bundle, if it does not support Norwegian version, what then?

Steam is clear that it support more langauges, but not Norwegian in their store.

#2 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 00:57

It will probably be in the same package as the English, but the early access version does not have it.

Also, note that Norwegian version is limited to subtitles only at release. Voiceovers will come later, but not after the whole game is finished.

At least that's what I have assumed from previous posts and updates by Ragnar/RTG (I'm sure the voices won't be there yet, but assuming the subtitles will)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#3 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:00

It will probably be in the same package as the English, but the early access version does not have it.

Also, note that Norwegian version is limited to subtitles only at release. Voiceovers will come later, but not after the whole game is finished.

At least that's what I have assumed from previous posts and updates by Ragnar/RTG (I'm sure the voices won't be there yet, but assuming the subtitles will)

Damn, that was a realy fast answer I've seen in the forums in my years. Thanks, and I hope it will be that easy.

• Tina likes this

#4 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:06

Damn, that was a realy fast answer I've seen in the forums in my years. Thanks, and I hope it will be that easy.

Languages:

Grensesnitt/UI

Full lyd/Sound

Teksting/Subs

Norsk / Norwegian  Not supported

Engelsk / English ico_bluecheck.pngico_bluecheck.pngico_bluecheck.png/ Full support

Fransk / French   ico_bluecheck.png   ico_bluecheck.png/ UI and sub (no voice)

Tysk / German     ico_bluecheck.pngico_bluecheck.pngico_bluecheck.png/ Full support

Translated: Norsk - Norwegian does not support UI, Sound and or Text/subtitles in Steam's store.

Maybe RTG should contact them and tell them to fix that if it does support it. At least by Text/Sub at this time.

#5 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:14

Hmm, it may be that the complete Norwegian subtitles will be late as well, but I really don't know that.

All I know is this tweet, which I just dug up for you (assuming you read Norwegian) ;)

I read it as subtitles for each episode but voices after final game is released, at least :)

• Rawhead likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#6 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:24

Norwegian (UI and subtitles) will be supported in the release version.

At this time that information is not updated on the Store Page.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, Rawhead and 1 other like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#7 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:21

Hmm, it may be that the complete Norwegian subtitles will be late as well, but I really don't know that.

All I know is this tweet, which I just dug up for you (assuming you read Norwegian) ;)

I read it as subtitles for each episode but voices after final game is released, at least :)

Norwegian (UI and subtitles) will be supported in the release version.

At this time that information is not updated on the Store Page.

Thank you both for the update I needed. Keep up the good work and now this thread can be closed.

• Morten likes this

#8 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 18:52

Update: Norwegian will not be in the first released version.

It needs to be gone through and checked for errors before it's ready for release. Sorry for the confusion. :)

• khh and DiskJunky like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#9 Rawhead

Rawhead

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTroms, Norway

Posted 21 October 2014 - 21:10

It needs to be gone through and checked for errors before it's ready for release. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Okey. It is very nice of you to update it. I can handle English, that is not the problem.

Then we wait for the extra goodies.

#10 MrMamen

MrMamen

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 13:57

I was really looking forward to playing this game in Norwegian as I have with the previous two in the saga. So my dilemma is switch to English or wait for Norwegian.

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 November 2014 - 15:28

I was really looking forward to playing this game in Norwegian as I have with the previous two in the saga. So my dilemma is switch to English or wait for Norwegian.

I too played the previous games in Norwegian first (though I did eventually play the English version as well). What I can say is that the voice acting has been supremely good, and if you're fluent in English I think it's likely you'll enjoy the game as it is. But only you can know what's right for you, of course.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#12 MrMamen

MrMamen

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 17:12

I too played the previous games in Norwegian first (though I did eventually play the English version as well). What I can say is that the voice acting has been supremely good, and if you're fluent in English I think it's likely you'll enjoy the game as it is. But only you can know what's right for you, of course.

I've always wanted an excuse to replay the games. Since there are so many things I have forgotten it makes sense to replay the previous games in English now. I remember being a bit disappointed with the Norwegian version of Drømmefall, since they had some new actors, and changes some names and terminology. I really hope they'll make a great Norwegian version for Drømmefall: kaptiler. I just hope playing the game in English won't stop me from replaying it in Norwegian.

• khh likes this

#13 MrMamen

MrMamen

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 20:39

So I'm really looking for an update to the Norwegian version. Is it even coming, or is it cancelled?

#14 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:17

So I'm really looking for an update to the Norwegian version. Is it even coming, or is it cancelled?

I haven't heard anything about it in a long while. It's hard to say for sure without official word from RTG, but I'd say it doesn't look good for that version atm.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#15 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 00:49

I haven't heard anything about it in a long while. It's hard to say for sure without official word from RTG, but I'd say it doesn't look good for that version atm.

I suspect that it will emerge eventually. RTG did get Norwegian Film Institute funding, after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users