#1 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1928 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 02 September 2019 - 00:12

So I was reminded that TLJ came out in 1999.  In November it will be 20 years! 

Ah the memories.

Any idea if RTG or Funcom will be doing anything for the anniversary?

• popcorngal, khh, Ringtail and 1 other like this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#2 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:37

Wow - that had slipped my mind. 20 years!

I'm guessing there may not be much of an observance apart from, like, a Steam sale. But I'd love it if there were!

• popcorngal and khh like this

#3 IorekB

IorekB

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2019 - 18:28

Pheww... two decades! :D Anniversary stuff would be great, even if no game. Maybe an artbook? Or a blog post with behind-the-scenes info nuggets, some sort of making-of? Would be cool... B)

Oh, incidentally, for weddings, 20 would mean the porcelain anniversary (source)... So... some merchandise, a figurine? :lol: Maybe a rubber ducky for the next summer holidays? ;)  

• Teller, popcorngal and Carla like this

#4 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 22:38

The Kickstarter rewards would be nice lmao

• Teller, popcorngal and toremygg like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#5 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3563 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 26 September 2019 - 19:49

I'm thinking the only porcelain will see for this anniversary is a toilet the anniversary goes down...

#6 IorekB

IorekB

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2019 - 18:05

...which we will surely be able to happily prove a worst-case scenario ;) , prevented from happening by us doing some healthy celebration on our own! B) Let's see what we can do in the run-up to November 19th in order to build up some excitement! :D

As a first step, let me share the site I just discovered when looking for TLJ's exact release date and which is detailing quite a few tidbits regarding the game's origins and development:

https://tlj.fandom.c...Longest_Journey

Looking forward to what you guys'n'gals might come up with, truly seminal game, this one, close to my heart...! :)

• popcorngal likes this

#7 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 11 October 2019 - 02:00

Twenty years ago I played TLJ and can honestly say that it not only instantly became my fave game but it's also still my all time favorite game. Would be lovely if some kind of acknowledgement would come from Ragnar. However, I think he's gotten really tired of thinking about anything related to the TLJ universe.

I'll likely celebrate by playing through it again and I figure that it will be at least the 20th time. :wub:

• IorekB likes this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#8 AlraM

AlraM

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationThe Emerald and Sunny City of Bucharest

Posted 19 October 2019 - 17:51

Oh wow, 20 years. Be still my heart, it's simply been so long! I'm overflowing with love and respect :)

I for one reinstalled TLJ just the other day. Life is busier now, so I only got to Chapter 2 so far, but I'll prolly finish playing it by November's end :)

I still find it ironic that I used to brag "NOBODY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD PLAYED THIS GAME MORE THAN ME", before I really understood that caps-lock = shouting (lol, netiquette) :P

• popcorngal, khh and IorekB like this

:sotb:--;@  :wub:  The world is moved by illusions. So be... cautious.  :wub: @;-- :sotb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users