#121 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:38

I figured, this is one of the kindest forums I have been on. Hoping it stays that way :)

Amen to that! :)

• blaster and Aj17 like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#122 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:41

^^Seconded!!

• DiskJunky and Aj17 like this

#123 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:48

I submited crush report. I'm really excited because game looks fantastic even though game keeps crushing after intro. I guess it's good for me since I'm still replaying TLJ.

#124 jlddodger

jlddodger

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE USA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 13:23

I guessed as much. So it will be exactly like that for every episode - due to technical limitations of GOG and Humble?

That's everything but unexpected to me (not for some others here though), but it still is deeply disheartening how a question that was raised by backers again and again and again for one and a half years was still never answered, not during the Kickstarter campaign, not in a sizable portion of RTG Kickstarter comments, not in 62 Kickstarter updates let alone 1000+ official RTG forum posts. Ragnar had no problem describing the shortcomings of the Backerkit repeatedly, but never mentioned an elementary lack of these kinds of selective distribution mechanisms on GOG or Humble. That's just not the way to communicate. At the absolute latest, Kickstarter update #61 should have clarified this issue once and for all. Instead, the update beats around the bush bordering on the purposeful.

What is happening now is that high tier backers are practically coerced into retrieving the Steam key. You might understand how this looks from my undoubtedly narrow and stubborn perspective, which is that Chapters has retroactively become an advertising campaign for Valve. But even from a less narrow perspective, what is happening right now is that RTG focuses the hell on two other Steam versions before they finally get to the DRM free versions. Whether you'll even manage to do that until 6PM, who knows; and there's already talk about performance issues with this build, which will certainly get patches rather late.

As I understand it, the choice for backers was that in addition to the Humble DRM free version, they are able to choose either GOG key or Steam key. Please understand that this deal is off, as even the more hardcore DRM free supporters will have claimed the Steam key already. All backers should receive both right now.

I'm not sure if regular customers were already able to retrieve the short stories yesterday, as advertised, but I certainly was not. If this content is up on GOG already, please do hurry with the keys. You can distribute these now, absolutely, right now because an early access won't happen for these backers in any case.

Thank you for saying this.  I couldn't find the right way to do so.  I am still holding out for GOG version, but it is painful having the Steam button right there in my face on the Humble Bundle page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users