123 replies to this topic

#21 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 20 October 2014 - 20:53

I hope final release will not be late. I will not play it tomorrow, so it does not hurt me,but it will be bad for company :(

Yes, I think it's too late to delay the release. Tomorrow you can buy it in stores (at least in Germany, but I think in other countries as well), so there should be a game to play. I don't care if I can play it tomorrow or on Sunday, I am only worried about the release dates of the next books. Amazon.de says there will be one every 10-12 weeks. I hope that's true. Had some bad experiences with The Wolf Among Us.

#22 ksabers

ksabers

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSavona, Italy

Posted 20 October 2014 - 20:53

My keyboard has a hole where there was the F5 key.

• DiskJunky likes this

__

"My faith protects me. My Kevlar helps"

(Jim Butcher)

#23 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 October 2014 - 20:55

Some people (in GoG/Steam) are getting a bit "restless" about the promised (for today) Journey's Birth stories (included in the Special Editions).  :( 

I know it's not important at all compared to finishing the game in time (and hopefully those people are few) but it's still unecessary "bad publicity".

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#24 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 October 2014 - 20:56

Ehh...There's always going to be those people. On the whole, I feel like people have been pretty good. Hopefully the rest will hakuna their tatas once the game drops. 

• Morten, Riaise, Christoffer Sunrider Grav and 6 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#25 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 20 October 2014 - 20:58

Ehh...There's always going to be those people. On the whole, I feel like people have been pretty good. Hopefully the rest with hakuna their tatas once the game drops. 

^^Yarp. Haters always gonna hate, no matter what. You learn to filter it out after a while.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#26 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:02

Yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong. If you make a promise you should keep it, but at the same time things do happen and the day isn't over yet. 

• DiskJunky likes this

#27 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:07

I just hope they could spare someone (a non-programmer maybe) for a few minutes to "push" the e-book update on the distribution platforms. But I've no idea how easy (and time-consuming) that would be and probably nobody can spare a second right now, they're all coding and (play)testing.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#28 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:08

I just hope they could spare someone (a non-programmer maybe) for a few minutes to "push" the e-book update on the distribution platforms. But I've no idea how easy (and time-consuming) that would be and probably nobody can spare a second right now, they're all coding and (play)testing.

I'd imagine that it's more problematic to push partial updates rather than the one package they've prepared for. A little patience it all it takes on our side - however irksome it may be right now :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#29 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:09

Yeah, exactly. I think that while it sucks and I get that people are restless... Partial updates sounds like it could get sticky. I don't know exactly how all that works, but it just seems to make more sense to do as much stuff per "batch" I guess, as they can. 

• CosmicD likes this

#30 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:10

Yes, I think it's too late to delay the release. Tomorrow you can buy it in stores (at least in Germany, but I think in other countries as well), so there should be a game to play. I don't care if I can play it tomorrow or on Sunday, I am only worried about the release dates of the next books. Amazon.de says there will be one every 10-12 weeks. I hope that's true. Had some bad experiences with The Wolf Among Us.

The German retail release (retail in name only) will not work without substantial Steam auto-updates, which naturally only become available once RTG uploads the full game to Valve's servers. So absolutely nothing won for the few German people who buy the game via Amazon or brick and mortar stores... :(

TWaU was supposed to be released in four to five months total and in fact did release within eight months. Total playing time was seven to eight hours. Chapters is planned to conclude within 10 or 11 months or so, easily rendering 10+ hours of gameplay in total. I expect delays to happen, but I also expect the individual episodes to have far more of an impact concerning the story.

• DiskJunky and Eccotd like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#31 Zykrul

Zykrul

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:15

Will always be worth the wait, release when you can. :)

• DiskJunky and Eccotd like this

#32 Evilopoly90

Evilopoly90

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWherever my theatre company is touring

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:29

So soon. So. Fucking. Soon. Eight years man... I even wrote shitty fanfiction to pass the time. So soon.

• Morten, trentjaspar, DiskJunky and 5 others like this

Trainee Actor, Proud fanboy and obsessive stal- uh, I mean appreciator of Red Thread Game

Follow my Twitter to see my attempts to make every Celebrity roll SAN at least once!

#33 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:51

I guess its safe to forget any early release at this time. Oh well.

#34 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:53

I guess its safe to forget any early release at this time. Oh well.

Don't count them out yet. There's still 21 hours before delivery tomorrow... (yeah, not exactly early access but still...) :)

• Riaise and Bruno like this

#35 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:54

Why? The game is not fully released until tomorrow evening (European time). There's still plenty of time for some backers to get it early.

Ninja'd again...  :ph34r:

• DiskJunky likes this

#36 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:55

Ok, just finished Dreamfall....now there is nothing standing between me and Chapters  :)

But it´s strange how still patient I am.... I guess it´s just DC-pre-shock  :D or maybe I´m blessed by the Balance :rolleyes:  :sotb:

whatever.... just one day to my dream come true :)  

• WorldsReunited, popcorngal, Riaise and 2 others like this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#37 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:56

Its still not early access. :) I can wait another day, but its kind of disappointing since I hyped up this day so much and theres only 4 minutes left of it.

• DiskJunky likes this

#38 Eccotd

Eccotd

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 21:59

Early access you should not seek if you wish to embark for the longest journey

• Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal, DiskJunky and 1 other like this

#39 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 22:02

Early access you should not seek if you wish to embark for the longest journey

It all comes down to principles with me :) I paid for 72 hour early access and that promise wasnt fulfilled. That hurts a bit, im not going to sugarcoat it. I wish the compensation will be awesome :)

• DiskJunky and Endril like this

#40 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 22:14

I paid for 72 hour early access

No, you didn't! ;)

48 hours, maybe.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, DiskJunky and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users