Greetings Forum Goer!
With the release of Dreamfall: Chapters imminent, we saw it fit to post up some general guidelines in regards to spoilers and this forum.
We understand that many people are going to want to discuss the game, but not everyone is able to play at the same pace and some members may be waiting to play the game for various reasons. So we ask that you please be respectful and exercise a small amount of restraint when it comes to discussing the plot of Dreamfall: Chapters.
First and foremost, please contain all plot based discussions to the DFC Story & Lore (Spoiler Warning!) subforum.
Second, please keep spoilers out of thread titles. This may be difficult, but do your best. (If you're unsure how to word something, you can always ask!)
Beyond that, we offer up a few simple guidelines:
- Please keep spoilers and plot discussions out of the Off Topic area.
- Be mindful of the distinction between the TLJ Saga discussion section and the DFC discussion section.
- Remember that plot points from TLJ/Dreamfall will likely NOT be considered spoilers in the DFC discussion area. Use caution if that's a concern.
- As additional Books role out, please do your best to mark what Book a spoiler is tied to. We may update and revise this policy as later Books draw closer.
- We have spoiler tags, so don't be afraid to use them.
- When in doubt, see point 5.
- Understand that Mods may edit and/or move your posts as needed. This isn't anything personal, so don't worry if it happens to you!
- While the Moderation team will do everything we can to keep spoilers quarantined, things may still slip out. If you're extremely spoiler-phobic, please browse with caution.
- Be respectful and reasonable.
If you are unsure how to use Spoiler tags, it’s really simple!
[spoiler] YOUR SPOILER TEXT GOES HERE [/spoiler]
Would give you:
You can also access this by using the "Insert Special BBCode" button.
This spoiler policy is going up all across the forum, but most of these topics will be locked in order to keep discussion on the policy organized. If you have questions about the policy, please visit THIS thread.
Thank you, and as always, be excellent to each other!
--Your Moderation Team--