Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:55
+ 1923 mode
+ music and ambient
+ character development
+ voice acting
+ twists and turns
+ supernatural stuff
+ this game has a soul
- too short!
- it feels like a begining of something much bigger
- never explored "the secret of the mine"
- "to be continued" formula
Ragnar and Red Thread Games did it again. Its great game.
- Teller likes this
Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:45
Bought the game at release (been on my GOG Wish List forever....)
Didn't fire it up until this weekend.
Playing "One Day per day", so just finished Day Three an hour ago.
- Impressionist. Mood and mode are the main focus. "Dark" is the correct adjective.
- Designed to move slowly... And does. (As in, "in-game movement is slow.")
- Myst-like in its mechanics (Am I dating myself there?)
- Getting very tired of hearing "old bean", and "old sport". (Strangely, "Betty" doesn't grate. Yet...)
- Hauntingly beautiful solo voice piece at the open.
We'll see what the future holds for Edward and Alice.
Posted 01 July 2019 - 13:48
Well, finished the last Day.
Was the ending... rushed?
What *did* happen at the mine?
What did Ruth find there 20 years later?
What really happened to Ruth on the cliff?
And did anyone else have flashbacks to "Blink"?
I know you're supposed to "leave 'em wanting more", but this seemed to be:
a. such a departure from the original concept, and;
b. hurriedly "wrapped up to get out it the door".
Still, loved the visuals and the score.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users