141 replies to this topic

#41 Veen Friend

Veen Friend

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Køge

Posted 18 October 2014 - 16:26

This is like remembering the hard days of college and university.

Searching and finding the last missing details in your hard work - printing a lot of paper. :o

A checklist is a must.

The best wishes.

#42 Lautaro

Lautaro

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

Posted 18 October 2014 - 16:39

Best Wishes to RTG!!! :D  :D

But I´ll just have to wait :/ 

In my country there's no PayPal neither I have an international creditcard... It's complicated to buy games online *sigh*

#43 DumberThanCrow2

DumberThanCrow2

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 16:40

Best of luck and well wishes - not to mention a hearty, if premature, congratulations - to RTG on getting the game out the door (or at least through the router,) and in their personal lives as well. (I'm certain a well deserved rest and celebration will be in store come Monday or Tuesday, and I sincerely hope this endeavor proves rewarding for them both creatively and financially.)

For my part, I'm bowing out of the forums now as I wish to avoid spoilers (which should begin trickling in Monday if those with early access get it as planned,) and plan to play the game only once all the books are out. Please do not interpret this personal preference on my part as a lack of support. I am eternally grateful to the team for resurrecting a beloved, magical tale that is really unlike any other in gaming. It's about as close as a video game can come to being sacred for me, I say without hyperbole, and the wait will only make it all the sweeter.

I just didn't want to take my leave without saying thank-you, congratulations, good luck, I hope my fellow backers enjoy the game, and to one and all:

May The Balance Be With You.

Peace out (for now.) :)

• Tina, popcorngal, trentjaspar and 3 others like this

Weaving olden dances

Mingling hands and mingling glances

Till the moon has taken flight;

To and fro we leap

And chase the frothy bubbles,

While the world is full of troubles

And anxious in its sleep.

#44 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 18 October 2014 - 17:52

What I'm wondering rightnow is, does the german retail version contain a dvd with an older build of the game that you hve to patch on day one to have the newly normalized vo, and the showstopper bugs ?

• khh likes this

#45 ElweSingollo

ElweSingollo

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 October 2014 - 18:03

What I'm wondering rightnow is, does the german retail version contain a dvd with an older build of the game that you hve to patch on day one to have the newly normalized vo, and the showstopper bugs ?

My gest guess on that would be that the DVD probably includes next to nothing but an installer and cd key as that seems to be the way a lot of Retail games are these days.

"O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you."

#46 genervt

genervt

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 18:54

It´s a steam release, so it´s an empty shell - a better CD-Key-Holder.

• CosmicD likes this

#47 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 19:21

Purely talking about the environment, you'd think that people would think about this and don't hold on to the past and want a "physical thing". But that's my personal oppinion.

#48 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 October 2014 - 19:40

My gest guess on that would be that the DVD probably includes next to nothing but an installer and cd key as that seems to be the way a lot of Retail games are these days.

It includes the full game…from about five weeks ago. It must be patched to play, and it won't — unfortunately — ever work without that patch. This was the only way to make a DVD version of the game. Say what you will about it, we didn't have much of a choice.

Of course, it's entirely possible to download the DRM free version from Humble, burn that to a DVD and store it for archiving and installation in a post-apocalyptic future where the internet has burned and there's no connectivity. You won't ever need net connection to play Dreamfall Chapters.

• wandrew, Tina, Edreamer Jamil and 10 others like this

#49 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 18 October 2014 - 20:04

Well.... Technically it was first in the Last of the 1948 show. ;) (But Cleese and Chapman of Python co wrote it and played two of the characters. I love Marty Feldman in this too ;) )

Spoiler

Haha Ragnar as long as you can just put the disk in, download the update and play it. Then i'm perfectly ok with it, better than needing a Steam account to play it ;)

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#50 spyked

spyked

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 18 October 2014 - 22:47

Of course, it's entirely possible to download the DRM free version from Humble, burn that to a DVD and store it for archiving and installation in a post-apocalyptic future where the internet has burned and there's no connectivity. You won't ever need net connection to play Dreamfall Chapters.

If you have a DVD drive (I don't). I'm personally counting on magnetic tape (good ol' magnetic tape, robust and heavy) for the upcoming nuclear apocalypse. :D

• Lee-m likes this

#51 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 18 October 2014 - 22:54

If you have a DVD drive (I don't). I'm personally counting on magnetic tape (good ol' magnetic tape, robust and heavy) for the upcoming nuclear apocalypse. :D

"Time enough at last" to play some Dreamfall: Chapters?  ;)

• spyked, ChrisR and Bruno like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#52 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 October 2014 - 23:19

"Time enough at last" to play some Dreamfall: Chapters? ;)

oh no, we would never get to know what other players chose, because there are no we but just me, in the Twilight zone. Not to mention it'd be first and final episode:-D

#53 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 23:23

I like the twilight zone :) especially some of the 80's and newer series, the old ones well 'im too young for that I guess, but I did like was "it's a good life",

#54 spyked

spyked

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 18 October 2014 - 23:41

oh no, we would never get to know what other players chose, because there are no we but just me, in the Twilight zone. Not to mention it'd be first and final episode:-D

Hey, not to mention those blastin' Nvidia tube-based GPUs: the size of a concert hall, now also providing heating during the nuclear winter!

#55 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 18 October 2014 - 23:54

I got my copy sent in the mail already, due to the format I chose in the Backer Kit. I was a little under minimum spec but Ragnar assured me they had been very cautious with their announcements and it would run ok anyway.

Firing it up now so it'll have loaded by Tuesday. Can't wait!

[attachment=165:500003057-03-01.jpg]

• WorldsReunited, Riaise, spyked and 1 other like this

#56 gameshoes3003

gameshoes3003

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:06

GET HYPED!!! I'm so excited!

Can't play because of bugs or want to watch just ONE of many ways to play the game?

Watch my Let's Play!

#57 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:00

[offtopic]

Somebody here mentioned The Twilight Zone?

Hello?

Hellloooo~?

O nyo. Not again.

[/offtopic]

• spyked likes this

#58 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:52

This still doesn't feel real to be honest, hard to believe we're only 2 days away from finally playing the game ;__;

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, toremygg and 1 other like this

jHevh80.jpg

#59 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:19

This still doesn't feel real to be honest, hard to believe we're only 2 days away from finally playing the game ;__;

Less than 2 days even.  ;)

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#60 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:24

Actually just noticed the countdown timer on the steam page isn't there anymore..odd.

jHevh80.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users