#1 te36

te36

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 07 December 2018 - 17:29

First time i am trying to install DFC on windows 10. Been playing it on windows 7/nvidia-GPU and MacBookPro.

Unfortunately, it just starts up, icon shows up in task bar, but nothing shows up and then it faults:

Command line shows:

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Dreamfall Chapters/Dreamfall Chapters_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Dreamfall Chapters/Dreamfall Chapters_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Dreamfall Chapters/Dreamfall Chapters_Data/Mono/etc'
Segmentation fault

nothing pops up (windows firewall, windows virus protection or the like...)

Latest version of DFC windows 64 bit from GOG

Kodlix GL41 mini PC: N4100 1.1Ghz CPU = Intel UHD600 graphics, 8GB RAM (6GByte free when starting DFC).

Windows 10 Pro on SSD, indows update says system is up to date (no idea where to find details).

I would not expect that DFC would be fast with Intel GPU, I was just curious how well it would work at all. If its not supported hardware, I would have expected something else than segfault. So I guess there is a fixable problem, just not sure what.

Any troubleshooting suggestions welcome

#2 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 December 2018 - 20:03

You should now have a file named output_log.txt in the folder where the game is installed. It may shine some light on what happens before the crash. Look at description here. Just don't send a mail to RTG, they will never reply. :(

The UHD600 GPU should support DirectX 12, and as far as I know, the game uses DirectX 11 or optionally DirectX 9.

Edited by Mr Moo, 10 December 2018 - 20:04.

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 December 2018 - 22:48

If you installed the game through steam, I'd try verifying the game cache. My first thought is that this is a corruption issue. 

I'm guessing you're maybe not getting to the stage where you're seeing the logfile being generated? Although this doesn't sound like a GPU-related problem, mono is the scripting engine that unity uses.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 te36

te36

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 25 December 2018 - 18:48

I only get this log file when i start the program as administrator.

Last output in the file:

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dreamfall Chapters\Dreamfall Chapters_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI> Initializing input.
XInput1_3.dll not found. Trying XInput9_1_0.dll instead...
<RI> Input initialized.
desktop: 800x600 50Hz; virtual: 800x600 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.
UnloadTime: 7.529300 ms

no idea what to do next.

#5 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:49

Sorry for late reply, Christmas and other stuff came up.

You may try adding the option -force-d3d9 to the shortcut/launcher - to start DFC in DirectX9 mode. It may or may not work better or at all, I'm really not sure. Remember putting a space between .exe and  -force-d3d9 if you edit the shortcut directly.

800x600 50Hz is a very uncommon resolution and refresh rate these days, but I don't know if this would make the game refuse to start or not, and I won't reinstall the game just to see. Your computer apparently supports up to 4096 x 2160 at 60Hz. I would recommend trying 1920x1080 60Hz which I know works well with pretty much everything.

#6 Minstrum-Squall

Minstrum-Squall

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:15

Hello, your computer does not have power for the game.
I tested on a celeron n2840 2X2,16ghz - IntelĀ® HD Atom Z3700 GPU - 8GB ddr3.
and DF-chapter is unplayable.

maj...The Celerom are not made to play games, let alone their GPI in IGP.

Some day, the time will tell it us., RTG will keep these promises or not ??   :tear: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users