71 replies to this topic

#41 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:45

Hey Ben! Nice to see you here as well. Like your hat! :)

• DiskJunky likes this

#42 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 October 2014 - 14:49

Okay, so I promised to add a recap from the party! I’ll be adding pictures here as well, and some of them are showing the game.
It’s just blurry still pictures and I wouldn’t consider them spoilers, but I’ll put them inside spoiler warnings, just so that the “
super spoiler avoiders” can still read this post :)

The evening started when I met up with skadet, Ceridwen and Remyx99 around 6 pm.
We got something to eat and then walked together up to the party venue (bar/pub). We got there 5 minutes before we
were supposed to be there, but saw RTG people outside and followed them in. There was already quite a lot of people inside.

We walked upstairs in the bar (together with Kremtopp, which also showed up), and found a place to sit and put
our bags/jackets. The bar has this open second floor, so we can look down at the people standing around in the first floor.

The upstairs area also had computers! Which meant that everyone who wanted to could test playing the game!
The parts we got to play were from what we’ve seen in different news coverage, videos from gamescom etc.
That means that the prelude is still a secret. RTG are good at keeping secrets!

B0FYMFvIUAAeU_N.jpg

I bought myself a beer and started to mingle. Talked to lots of backers during the evening, many lurkers.
I think they should give a shout here and say how they found the party :D

Here's a picture of people at the party, including Martin and his beanie in the middle

B0FgcL3IIAAFrXW.jpg

After a while, Dag introduced me to a doppelgänger! I am crap at remembering names, even though it was
spelled out for me, so sorry for not remembering. But this guy is German, lives in the US, and still managed
to get to the party! Impressive! Okay so he said that he, by luck, had been in Europe anyway, so he didn’t
fly over from the US just for the party, that would have been a long flight.

Anyway, I talked to him for a while, then dragged him upstairs to show him the computers with the game on it.
Here he is playing! And everyone should look out for his face when you’re playing Book 1 :D

B0FnFgeCEAE_YXr.jpg

Since I’m talking about people coming from far away, there was also a German girl who came just for the party.
She was very nice but I completely forgot to find out “who” she was. I mean, coming from Germany just for the
party makes me think that you’ve maybe backed the game with a good amount of money, which again would
mean that maybe we see them in-game, which is the reason why I am regretting not asking. No matter how
much backing was done, it’s super impressive to fly in from Germany!

Anyway, back to the party! As I said, there were a lot of people to talk to. Some faces I recognized from before,
some I thought I recognized from before (I was wrong), and a lot of new faces. Switching between Norwegian and
English conversation worked out pretty good, despite the increasing beer level in my stomach.
Everyone I talked to were so nice and friendly!

Ragnar announced that food was on the table. It was “finger food” but a fork was certainly needed.
It tasted amazing, even though I had to use the fork.

B0Fq2WDCEAAa7FH.jpg

Around 9 pm, Ragnar made a speech. I filmed some of it, the first part and the last part. The middle part
was lost because I took a picture in order to tweet it. During the middle part, they joked about how they
wanted to make their own company so that they could avoid the online functionalities (since Funcom
focuses on online games) and also so that they could make the whole game in one go. They lauged a
lot when saying it, which is why I added those words to the tweet, including the FAIL! But anyway,
here is the youtube video where I merged the first part and last part of the speech!

A bit later, I could no longer stay away from the computers upstairs. So I ended up in front of one of them.
I started just looking at things, pictures of Zoë’s family members and other familiar things. Heard Zoë’s
thoughts on it. Most things could be clicked at least four times, which gave me more information each time.
I clicked until I got a repetition of something she had said before.

Spoiler

I’m quite happy about testing the game for a short time. It didn’t spoil anything for me, maybe particularly
since I’ve seen some of this before on different news coverage. It was really nice to get a preview of the
atmosphere in the game. I think people will really like it!

While I sat there playing on one of the computers, someone started the end credits on the other computer.
While it was rolling, I suddenly saw a name that I had seen before, and had to hurry up to grab a picture. Here it is!

B0JXbo3CcAAHykK.jpg

After I left the computers alone, I started thinking about the promised Kickstarter update. So I decided
to go ask Ragnar if he had any more info about it. He replied “DON’T ASK ABOUT WORK NOW!” and
I was all “but I don’t need anything official, we’re just curious what’s happening with it”. Then Ragnar said
“no, it will come tomorrow”, and I replied “really?”. Ragnar: “yes, I promise”. Me: “are you sure you want to do that?”
Ragnar: “YES! I promise. You can film me saying it”. Me: “I don’t have to..”. Ragnar: “yes, do it!”
(okay, it may not have been exactly like that, but that’s how I remember it :P) So then Ragnar got a candle
from a nearby table (because it was dark and we needed light) and we got the vine where Ragnar promises
the update (today, that is!). We’ll see what happens, other RTG’ers were less convinced. But I hope it comes out today.

Vine link, if the embed doesn't work for you: https://vine.co/v/Oqx5QKIU1ed

I then went back to the mingling. A bit later (11:30 ish), I got a message from my forum friends, that had left
the party in order to catch the bus. I continued to mingle. Some time after midnight, the live music started.
It was Egil Olsen, and I remember Ragnar having talked about him before. He’d been stuck in Skien
(my home town!) so he was late to the party. The music was very nice, and I managed to record a vine of this as well  :)

Vine link, if the embed doesn't work for you: https://vine.co/v/OqxwUgOejLi

Then the lights were turned on, and it was time to leave the bar. But the computers were still upstairs.
So I and a number of other backers helped carry the stuff upstairs. I carried Dag’s huge and pretty
Apple display thing. After having bought and consumed 7 beers at the party. Down one stair, through
doors, up three stairs, through several other doors. I get scared just thinking about it. That was probably
irresponsible. But it worked! Dag’s display is fine, RTG still trusts me. Everything is good.

By the time we got down from the offices again, the bar had closed the doors. We had lost some of the people,
but were still a small bunch containing Dag, Morgan, Quintin and some backers (including the two Germans).
We tried to go to another bar, but that was also closed. So Dag decided we should go to his place.

So the nachspiel happened! But no serenading, unfortunately. I ended up staying for about an hour,
and then caught the first night bus home around 3 am.

The whole evening was great! Got to talk to lots of friendly people. Got to hang out with RTG again.
Got to play some of the game! Hugged developers, drank “some” beers and had a great time!
And I didn’t pass out in the toilet this time. Huge improvement from the first time I met the guys! :D

Edit: Bonus pictures!

B0F1-VNIMAARyVS.jpg

B0FwjLDCYAAKYk4.jpg

B0JYGPRIMAAUmDJ.jpg

• Jecica, Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil and 17 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#43 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 17 October 2014 - 15:15

"And I ddin’t pass out in the toilet this time."

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED.
  • wandrew, Tina, Chocobo_sage and 9 others like this

#44 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 15:41

That story of Ragnar practically coercing Tina into recording the update promise for today... is that story, y'know, canon in the TLJ universe?

• wandrew, Tina, Edreamer Jamil and 9 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#45 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 October 2014 - 15:52

Ragnar is in a state of Quantum superposition in that last pic: existing in all possible locations at the same time! ;)
  • Tina, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 3 others like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#46 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 17 October 2014 - 16:08

Now we just have to wait for the wave form to collapse :)

• urzagc13 likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#47 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 17 October 2014 - 17:02

Ragnar is in a state of Quantum superposition in that last pic: existing in all possible locations at the same time! ;)

Careful, that's not him :P

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, popcorngal and 2 others like this

#48 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 17 October 2014 - 17:23

JAMIL

• Chocobo_sage and Edreamer Jamil like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#49 OldDarth

OldDarth

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 17:55

Awesome recap!  Thanks very much for sharing with pictures and everything!  Great to see everyone having fun and celebrating.

• Tina and Vainamoinen like this

The dream never dies.

#50 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 18:42

Wow, someone captured my greatest moment of last night; trying the game... https://twitter.com/...810806908747776

So it wasn't a dream after all!

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 5 others like this

#51 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 17 October 2014 - 19:02

Wow, someone captured my greatest moment of last night; trying the game... https://twitter.com/...810806908747776

So it wasn't a dream after all!

Nice Forum name  :)

fjord.jpg

• wandrew, Chocobo_sage, spyked and 1 other like this

#52 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 17 October 2014 - 20:28

Indeed, I love HG2TG :)

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#53 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 22:50

Great recap, Tina :)  Ragnar still has 10 minutes left to give us that update today, haha

#54 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:01

Ragnar still has 10 minutes left to give us that update today, haha

Womp womp. 

• wandrew, Chocobo_sage and RoyMartin like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#55 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:03

Denied:)

#56 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:16

OMG! HE MADE GOOD ON IT! (close enough)

• Edreamer Jamil and WorldsReunited like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#57 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:17

WHAT?!

*refreshes email like 80 times*

• Chocobo_sage and Edreamer Jamil like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#58 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:23

Early access backers will get their early access keys on Monday. Exactly when on Monday, we don't know yet. At that point, you will be able to play the game.
OMG we are getting the game one day early? :D ​ 

#59 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:27

Yay! Update! I became nervous just reading that, it must be soo stressful in the RTG offices right now.

Early access! I've never looked so much forward to a Monday before.

Good luck on crossing the finish line for Episode 1, RTG!

#60 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:32

yaaay monday!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: party, update, kickstarter, release party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users