#1 Wurstwassersuppe

Wurstwassersuppe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:47

Hello,

I am not familiar with forums etc.

I got the dreamfall chapters game on DVD, I supported the game by kickstarter.

I downloaded the german language pack, but my win10 could not recognize the file format, so I couldn't install the language pack.

I would be very happy if anyone could help me.

#2 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:42

I'm confused by you saying you downloaded a language pack for DFC.  You shouldn't need to install or download anything other than the game itself.  Just change the language in the settings menu after you start the game.

#3 Wurstwassersuppe

Wurstwassersuppe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 05:30

Thanks for your answer. When I switch to german language as spoken language, and play the game, the spoken language is still english. the subtitles are german, that is working.

I attached an Image of the game settings, beside the item "spoken language" "deutsch" you can see a button "download language pack".

I clicked on this button, my firefox browser opens a link and a file of 1,0 GB was downloaded. My Win10 defines the downloaded file as "dreamfall chapters setup", but could not open the file and install the language pack.

I did not use steam to download the game, I installed the game with the dvd i got from backerskit.

Attached Files

#4 Wurstwassersuppe

Wurstwassersuppe

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 16:13

I solved the problem. My firefox browser was the problem, it worked when I downloaded the file with the Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Vainamoinen likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users