1 reply to this topic

#1 eje211

eje211

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:54

Hello.

I have the current 13" Macbok Pro, the MacBookPro14,1 running High Sierra. I was a Kickstarter backer for Dreamfall Chapters but I could not play the game on release. I thought I'd give it a try now. I just downloaded it from Steam and gave it a try. But it's not playable. The graphics are completely jittery. In windowed mode, even the window title bar is fuzzy. The menu is fine but as soon as the game starts, it's completely unplayable. I remember trying the first few minutes of the game on an older Mac on release and it worked without a problem.

I saw one post online where someone found a solution to this issue: their solution was to buy the game again on the Apple App Store. That seems a bit drastic. Is that the only way I get to play Dreamfall Chapters after I contributed more than the actual price of the game already? (Okay, it was only $75, but still... It was in 2013 and there wasn't even a game yet!)

Is my only recourse to fork out ANOTHER $25 for App Store version of the game if I want to play on my Mac?

E

#2 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3095 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 09:40

Sorry, I have no advice. I don't use a mac.

This forum is mostly dead though, so it's not very likely that someone will be able to help. Have you asked on Steam? Perhaps someone will have advice there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: macos, high sierra, macbook pro, unplayable, steam, app store, graphics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users