• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#221 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 October 2014 - 16:19

Hm... On the fence on if I'll watch this one. I guess if I'm home I'll maybe put it on.

The Dreamfall stream was really only fun for me because of the IRC. So I'm hesitant. But. It's DFC and a good cause... :/

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#222 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 25 October 2014 - 16:21

Do you mean streaming yourself, or watching one?

The quality setting is very expensive in both bandwidth and processing power (for twitch), so it's only available to "twitch partners" - which basically means it's only available when you have enough consistent followers. It will be present in Quills stream today.

Was hoping it wasn't something based on $$. Thanks for the info and quick response. :(

Ah, well... such is life. And yeah, I was asking about watching. I doubt if I could do a live streaming even if I wanted to with the set up I have. ^_^

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#223 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 16:28

The Dreamfall stream was really only fun for me because of the IRC. So I'm hesitant. But. It's DFC and a good cause... :/

Hmm. Am I the only one here who actually like Quill and catch his streams regularily?

Was hoping it wasn't something based on $$. Thanks for the info and quick response. :(

You may have misunderstood me - viewers don't have to pay anything!

The deal is that since it's costly for twitch, they only enable the feature for streamers with a good core audience, since the cost is then made up for by add revenue.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#224 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 25 October 2014 - 16:30

Hmm. Am I the only one here who actually like Quill and catch his streams regularily?

I like the guy, but im not usually interested in what he streams. He did some good unity videos I think on his youtube chan a good while back.

• khh likes this

#225 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 October 2014 - 16:31

I'd never seen him until the Dreamfall stream, which I didn't find great. His other streams might be more my taste.

Also, I think part of it was that Dreamfall wasn't a great game for that sort of thing.

DFC should be better. (And the opinion polls will actually matter. :P)
  • khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#226 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 16:36

You may have misunderstood me - viewers don't have to pay anything!

The deal is that since it's costly for twitch, they only enable the feature for streamers with a good core audience, since the cost is then made up for by add revenue.

Yeah, I understood that it doesn't cost me anything. I was feeling sad for those that couldn't do it because of monetary restrictions. I don't think I'm the only one who has trouble with lagging, which equals not as many participants when the option isn't available.

• khh likes this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#227 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 October 2014 - 18:24

I'd never seen him until the Dreamfall stream, which I didn't find great. His other streams might be more my taste.

Also, I think part of it was that Dreamfall wasn't a great game for that sort of thing.

DFC should be better. (And the opinion polls will actually matter. :P)

Unless he gets stuck in the Storytime puzzles for hours!

• agirlnamedbob and popcorngal like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#228 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 18:50

Starting in 10 minutes over at http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom

(Last plug I'll do, promise)

• agirlnamedbob and Tiago like this

April Ryan is my friend,

#229 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 October 2014 - 20:54

That was a good run. He was too much* impressed by the game and he didn't even reach Europolis!

*seriously, he was praising it like crazy. Even I can't say so many good things about the pre-Europolis part (I consider it the weakest part of Book 1)

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#230 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 21:09

I just hope at least a few people go ahead and purchase the game. I noticed a number of folks that hadn't a clue about Dreamfall. Didn't see much praising going on in the chat but after the whole raffle debacle watching the game kind of became derailed in my opinion.

• agirlnamedbob and Bruno like this

#231 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 October 2014 - 21:14

Yeah, the RecApp should be a priority for RTG along with the performance issues. Several reviews have mentioned the lack of it as well...

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#232 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 October 2014 - 21:26

I agree. The RecApp could possibly make a big difference for many people. It's sad to see potential players "lost" because of the lore confusion.

#233 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 21:37

That was a good run. He was too much* impressed by the game and he didn't even reach Europolis!

*seriously, he was praising it like crazy. Even I can't say so many good things about the pre-Europolis part (I consider it the weakest part of Book 1)

I must say, I quite enjoyed the look of utter astonishment he wore a few times.

April Ryan is my friend,

#234 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:04

Yeah, I don't envy RTG right now as they continue to try to take care of all that needs to be done but I agree that having the recap will be great once it's up and running.

Oh, and thanks for the link. Really enjoyed myself and was very happy that Quill seemed excited about a lot of aspects of the game. I also like that he does the polls so chat becomes more involved.  :)

• khh likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users