#1 Moldavia

Moldavia

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 10 October 2014 - 18:54

Ok so I did one of the pledges on that backerkit sight and I am a little unclear as to what happens after.  Will I get a steam game key later or something?  Do we get the wallpapers later via email download or something?  To be honest I have done a lot of purchasing online but this one happens to be the most vague setup I have ever encountered lol.

thanks for your time,

Moldavia

#2 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 18:58

http://redthreadgame...rs-general-faq/

The first part should help you out a bit. That's the "general orientation" part. ;)

RTG tries to send the emails with the codes (GOG or Steam) at least 24 hours before release - no need to get nervous yet... :)

For any further questions, just come back here (or post in the FAQ thread, no problem)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:16

I think it goes like this:

1. You purchase game
  2. RTG has to (batch) import recent buyers into backerkit (twitter says they've tried to do this at least once a week)
  3. You get the backerkit invite
  4. RTG has to (batch) import "recent" buyers into Humble Store (this has only been done twice, and I suppose it will be done again when the PayPal "pledge" option closes down)
  5. You can claim your digital rewards in Humle Store - I suppose this includes the game when it's released.

(see Vainamoinen's FAQ for details) ;)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#4 NinaRicci

NinaRicci

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:22

Do i need register in Humble via Paypal email for link accounts?

#5 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:28

That helps a lot, yes... IIRC it's possible to achieve the same thing via changing the email in an existing Humble Account, but I can't guarantee it.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#6 Rakel

Rakel

RTG Manager

• RTG Staff
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:38

I think it goes like this:

1. You purchase game
  2. RTG has to (batch) import recent buyers into backerkit (twitter says they've tried to do this at least once a week)
  3. You get the backerkit invite
  4. RTG has to (batch) import "recent" buyers into Humble Store (this has only been done twice, and I suppose it will be done again when the PayPal "pledge" option closes down)
  5. You can claim your digital rewards in Humle Store - I suppose this includes the game when it's released.

(see Vainamoinen's FAQ for details) ;)

It goes more or less like this, except 2) is once a day.

• Tina, khh and DiskJunky like this

#7 Moldavia

Moldavia

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationManitoba, Canada

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:41

So basically considering how close the game is to be released we wont see nothing until that time.

#8 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:47

yay so my gift pledge will finally be active soon(tmish)

#9 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:47

It goes more or less like this, except 2) is once a day.

Alright, then twitter was wrong ;) That's good though, probably cuts down on the "I pledged x days ago but haven't received any invitation yet"-mails :)

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#10 Rakel

Rakel

RTG Manager

• RTG Staff
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:54

Technically it's not wrong, at least once a week includes once a day! A few backers have experienced their ISP blocking the invite from BackerKi, though. Not much we can do about that, other than change the e-mail address upon request.

About gift pledges: Your second pledge will be added to your first pledge, giving you one profile page in BackerKit with two separate pledges. You can either have us change the e-mail of your gift pledge, creating a new profile for the one you're gifting to, or wait until you get the keys and do the gifting then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users