#21 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 11 October 2014 - 17:30

Well, we finally found where that Crowboy artwork in the video was being used... :)

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#22 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 17:38

I'm also now a bit perplexed why pointing to the pledge page isn't Ragnar's default reply to regional price complainers (instead of trying to explain the reasons to people who don't want to understand them). Should we do that? (point people to the region-free pledge page, I mean) or would RTG prefer that we don't do that? Are there reasons not to advertise the pledge page?

Yes, there are and please do not.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#23 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 October 2014 - 18:10

Don't worry. I wasn't going to post about it anywhere else (other than these forums) unless I got explicit permission from RTG to do so. Because it's obvious that they are not mentioning it themselves, so it seems obvious that there are reasons for that.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#24 skidpro

skidpro

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 October 2014 - 18:35

No. If you backed at a high enough level to get the game, you get a season pass, essentially.

£25 was my pledge....so what do I get? m

no season pass? look I am confused, as this wouldn't be possible without crowdfunding, so the backers have to pledge higher now to get the goods? please what would u do if no one backed you? It looks like we backers are screwed again....kickstarting projects is turning out to be waste of time for people willing to help you as they get a shot in the foot on release....

#25 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 October 2014 - 18:37

no season pass? look I am confused, as this wouldn't be possible without crowdfunding, so the backers have to pledge higher now to get the goods? please what would u do if no one backed you? It looks like we backers are screwed again....kickstarting projects is turning out to be waste of time for people willing to help you as they get a shot in the foot on release....

You will get everything included in the "Special Edition Season Pass" currently available for preorder at Steam and GOG.

• skidpro likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#26 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 18:47

Really, £25 and not 25$ ?

The tiers actually weren't in British Pound. So with regional pricing, you as a backer have actually made quite a bargain. Not that this is what "backer" means... :blush:

• Riaise likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#27 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 11 October 2014 - 19:02

I think you get the season pass but you don't get early access or a lot of the extra perks.

• Pledge $20 or more

4998 backersLimited (2 left of 5000)

DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF DREAMFALL CHAPTERS • This special EARLY-BIRD tier is limited to the first 5,000 pledgers! Download the game at launch! • Receive a special ISTRUM FORUM BADGE on the official forums, along with five beautiful, high-resolution WALLPAPERS!

Estimated delivery:  Nov 2014

• Pledge $25 or more

8029 backers

DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF DREAMFALL CHAPTERS • Download the game at launch! • Get an ISTRUM FORUM BADGE on the official forums plus five beautiful, high-resolution WALLPAPERS!

Estimated delivery:  Nov 2014

That is what you get - the U.S. cost is $34.99 and this is about half off if you got in on the $20.00 tier.  Unless the currency rate is much higher...I need to look those up and probably should have before I started talking.  I didn't think it was 2/1 though.

#28 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 11 October 2014 - 19:13

You got screwed? How did you get screwed? You're getting the game, all five books, over the course of the next year! That's a pretty decent bargain. If you did pledge £25, you probably also get a couple of extras, although I'm not quite sure about the exchange rate there.

Oh, and you helped make this game a reality. That's what Kickstarter is all about: helping people like us make fun stuff for people like you to enjoy!

So, no, you did not get "screwed".

• Chocobo_sage, skadet, Edreamer Jamil and 7 others like this

#29 alx

alx

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 19:41

Can I get DFC trough GoG instead of Humble?

#30 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 October 2014 - 19:44

You will get a key through Humble that you can redeem on GOG.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#31 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 19:49

Is it possible to pledge in £ ? I dunno. I pledged for a tier priced in dollars and was charged in euros. $25 is only about 15 quid (pounds sterling).

#32 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 11 October 2014 - 20:02

Is it possible to pledge in £ ? I dunno. I pledged for a tier priced in dollars and was charged in euros. $25 is only about 15 quid (pounds sterling).

Seems so much cheaper there, because money is worth more. :(

#33 DumberThanCrow2

DumberThanCrow2

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 21:25

Great to see things are moving forward. :)

I don't think people need to worry about this. At all. If the tier you pledged to said you get the game, then you get the game. The whole game.

A more pertinent question (for me - selfishly lol) is: as someone planning to wait and play the whole experience from start to finish rather than piecemeal:

• Will separate keys be emailed/accessed via Humble for each chapter upon release, or will one key be used to create access to subsequent chapters as they trickle out?
  • Will keys expire?
  • Should one go ahead and redeem every key upon availability, or is it "safe" to wait until all chapters are out to redeem them?

(I'm not an episodic gamer.)

Weaving olden dances

Mingling hands and mingling glances

Till the moon has taken flight;

To and fro we leap

And chase the frothy bubbles,

While the world is full of troubles

And anxious in its sleep.

#34 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 21:38

pledge
pronunciation: /plɛdʒ

noun
meaning: solemn promise or undertaking.

• NeilClaimer likes this

#35 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 October 2014 - 22:02

Great to see things are moving forward. :)

I don't think people need to worry about this. At all. If the tier you pledged to said you get the game, then you get the game. The whole game.

A more pertinent question (for me - selfishly lol) is: as someone planning to wait and play the whole experience from start to finish rather than piecemeal:

• Will separate keys be emailed/accessed via Humble for each chapter upon release, or will one key be used to create access to subsequent chapters as they trickle out?
  • Will keys expire?
  • Should one go ahead and redeem every key upon availability, or is it "safe" to wait until all chapters are out to redeem them?

(I'm not an episodic gamer.)

With Steam you'll just get one key, and the game will auto-update as new episodes are added. I imagine it will work the same way with GOG (except that you might have to install the patches manually), but I can't say for absolute certain.

The keys should not expire, I would think, but again I can't say so for absolute certain. If I were you I'd just redeem the key right away, though, as I don't see the gain in waiting.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#36 DumberThanCrow2

DumberThanCrow2

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 22:45

@khh (I would quote, but it's not working,) thanks. That makes sense. I was kind of hoping that's how it would be, honestly. Redeem once, forget about it, come back in a year (or however long) and then play the whole thing. :) I know some people might not understand or agree with my waiting, but in return for my patience I shall receive a complete, meaty experience. And for me, that's worth it. ^_^

I'll still read reviews with bated breath, though. ;)

• khh likes this

Weaving olden dances

Mingling hands and mingling glances

Till the moon has taken flight;

To and fro we leap

And chase the frothy bubbles,

While the world is full of troubles

And anxious in its sleep.

#37 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 October 2014 - 00:36

@khh (I would quote, but it's not working,) thanks. That makes sense. I was kind of hoping that's how it would be, honestly. Redeem once, forget about it, come back in a year (or however long) and then play the whole thing. :) I know some people might not understand or agree with my waiting, but in return for my patience I shall receive a complete, meaty experience. And for me, that's worth it. ^_^

You'd be surprised. We have designed the game to be enjoyed in episodes. And every book is a "complete, meaty" experience — otherwise we never would have gone episodic.

I respect your decision but I find it a bit sad to hear that people will wait. It means having to withdraw from all discussions, from the community, and not partake in this incredibly exciting, year-long journey.

• Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 5 others like this

#38 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3988 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:14

My waiting will be restricted only by the PS4 release schedule, so i'll be quiet for about a month or two after each release untl I get a chance to play it.

Unless some Gnomes or Cthulhu make me a new Laptop..... or possibly a time machine. B)

• popcorngal and NeilClaimer like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#39 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:20

My waiting will be restricted only by the PS4 release schedule, so i'll be quiet for about a month or two after each release untl I get a chance to play it.

Unless some Gnomes or Cthulhu make me a new Laptop..... or possibly a time machine. B)

Or even a Cthulu Gnome...

WeirdGardenCthulhu-thumb-330x561-22956.j

• wandrew, Chocobo_sage, DiskJunky and 1 other like this

#40 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 711 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:59

MAAAAAAAAAP!!

Fixed it for you.  :ph34r:

• Riaise likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, gog.com, steam, preorder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users