Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:39

(link to kickstarter update)

Season pass pre-orders begin!

Hi all,

We have a very quick update about a few things that are happening today.

First off, we're finally opening up for pre-purchasing via GOG.com (today!), Steam
(soon!) and the Humble Store (also soon!). Of course, most of you are already
receiving the game as part of your pledge, but the rest of you will now be able to pre-
order the Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition.

Wait, Special Edition?

Yes, we've put together a pre-order package containing some cool digital extras, and
the best part is that these goodies are heading your way very, very soon! A couple of
the extras, such as wallpapers, are already part of pledge tiers. The rest will be made
available to all of our $20+ backers. These include:

• Reborn: The Art of Dreamfall Chapters Book One — a digital art book featuring
    concept art and illustrations from the first episode of Dreamfall Chapters. The full
    art book is still exclusive to $75+ backers and will be distributed with the release of
    Book Five.
  • Digital soundtrack featuring music from Dreamfall Chapters Book One. The
    full soundtrack remains exclusive to $50+ backers and add-ons, and will be
    released after the end of the first season.
  • Digital Europolis tourist map! Sponsored by Niyom Media and presented by
    Crowboy, everyone’s favourite crow cowboy!
  • 5 digital avatars featuring characters from Dreamfall Chapters.

Most of these goodies will be available within the next few days, while some — like the
soundtrack — will be released after October 21st.

The rewards that are exclusive to higher tiers or add-ons — the full soundtrack and art
book, the Tome of the Balance, the graphic novel — will remain so. This is all about
adding more cool stuff for our backers, fans and supporters!

Secondly, this also means that we're closing down the pledge drive on our site. Today
will be the final day for pledges. We will soon post the total amount raised through
Kickstarter and PayPal over the past year and a half. Did we reach any additional
stretch goals? Unfortunately no, but we have added several thousand backers, which is
absolutely fantastic.

And finally, we are working on a proper Kickstarter update. Look out for it this weekend!

Until then,

Team RTG

• Chocobo_sage, agirlnamedbob, Crow's fan and 5 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#2 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3557 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:41

And, regarding the "first season" thing, that little bombshell has already been defused. "First and only season" ;)

• Tina, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 2 others like this

#3 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3985 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:47

Ultimate Season!!!! ;)

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:55

Ultimate Season!!!! ;)

Of Ultimate Destiny?

• Chocobo_sage likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3557 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:56

Ultimate Seasoning!

• wandrew likes this

#6 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

MAP!!

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 3 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#7 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Ultimate Season!!!! ;)

(inspired by Chocobo's profile image)

- Dreamer Season!
- Shifter Season!
- Dreamer Season!
- Shifter Season!
- I said Dreamer Season! Fire!

• WorldsReunited likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#8 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:53

All right, I think GOG has actually lost their TLJ/Dreamfall subforum out of sheer excitement.

• WorldsReunited and agirlnamedbob like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#9 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 18:07

And THIS is the minute I received the update email. Hmmmmmmmm.

#10 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3557 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 19:24

And THIS is the minute I received the update email. Hmmmmmmmm.

Universe - You 1-0

• wandrew likes this

#11 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 22:48

Let's get a bit on topic while elsewhere, the discussion is raging around Chapters' price tag, international pricing, episodic releases and the deep rooted fear that RTG could run out of badges.

The last day to pledge.

It might not have been the best idea to open pre orders while pledging was still possible. Lots of people are now diverted to the pledge page instead of properly pre-ordering. I hope the whole thing is over in ten minutes... i.e. that RTG will take "today" literally... and we'll not have more of this nonsense for TLJH, OK? ;)

Chapters on GOG.

There it is, pre-orders opening on GOG first, possibly even for the entire weekend?! I didn't think that was even possible. Looks like all that binge drinking with the Poles was worth something. ;) The very first articles about pre-orders have surfaced and are of course now naming GOG only. I naturally hope that this has an influence on the percentage RTG will sell via GOG.

Non-exclusivity of backer rewards.

Yeah, that has raised an eyebrow or two in at least one forum I've seen. I naturally WANT "backer exclusive" digital stuff to be made available to honest customers, but it's good that RTG approaches this carefully and only hands out mere slices of backer rewards for now. Being more liberal with this stuff is just_not_universally welcome, I guess. Only handing out "Book 1" artbooks and soundtrack is an interesting approach. It would just be a bit sad if non backers could never ever be able to get into legal possession of the rest. Maybe the entire soundtrack might land on bandcamp one day - thumbs up from me in advance for that in any case.

The "pre order" rewards. 

Thanks to RTG for not doing this, seriously. It's such a rip off, and I hated how "Ethan Carter" approached this idea. GOG people have already confirmed that these bonus things will be there to stay, so no coercing customers into buying something that has not even been reviewed once. Good choice. Fair game.

New extras for everyone.

The more maps, the better.  :D  I really wanted a Propast map. I might even do my own in the future. This is an effort I really appreciate, because backers are getting more out of the whole experience without feeling any kind of animosity towards non-backers. And, well, I'm putting this out there right now, maybe RTG could add a Marcuria map for every backer and customer come Book 2?

Bonus stuff release schedule. 

I love this idea! Some stuff gets available before release while other stuff is held back a bit so Chapters assets still remain fresh for the early birds.

Marketing efforts & Chapters impact.

Well, I guess the fans will have to do a bit of word of mouth propaganda as well in any case. I hope that last update will have a real impact. I haven't got the feeling that RTG has really used up any of their powder yet. Voice actor announcements English/German, soundtrack bits, more expansive screenshots (spoilery, I know), recapp and more things like that haven't surfaced at all. I hope they don't accidentally hold back too much.

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 6 others like this

#12 skidpro

skidpro

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:15

I am confused, i am a backer and now got to buy a season pass too? 

#13 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:22

No. If you backed at a high enough level to get the game, you get a season pass, essentially.

#14 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:37

I'm really happy that we will start receiving digital bonuses so soon! Especially excited for art book.

#15 misterlsn

misterlsn

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:24

How / when do we redeem the digital copy on steam?

#16 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:32

RTG will presumably be sending out instructions soon. The game comes out on the 21st of October. You will be able to redeem the key through Humble on Steam then.

#17 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 October 2014 - 15:10

Now listing at regular price 320 NOK ($53 USD), 15% off at 279.65 NOK ($43 USD).

This is the special edition, not sure if there will be a cheaper normal edition as well?

#18 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 October 2014 - 15:18

The redthreadgames pledge page has changed. From it we can see that the Special Edition is 5$ more expensive that the "normal" edition, so I assume that upon Book 1's launch there will be "normal" editions on Steam and GoG as well.

But most importantly, if I'm looking at this correct, it also means that people upset about regional pricing can still acquire the game for its USA price there.

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#19 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1319 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 11 October 2014 - 15:21

The redthreadgames pledge page has changed. From it we can see that the Special Edition is 5$ more expensive that the "normal" edition, so I assume that upon Book 1's launch there will be "normal" editions on Steam and GoG as well.

But most importantly, if I'm looking at this correct, it also means that people upset about regional pricing can still acquire the game for its USA price there.

Also -- it lists the Journeys: Birth ebook as being available on October 20! Neat!

#20 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 October 2014 - 15:35

I'm also now a bit perplexed why pointing to the pledge page isn't Ragnar's default reply to regional price complainers (instead of trying to explain the reasons to people who don't want to understand them). Should we do that? (point people to the region-free pledge page, I mean) or would RTG prefer that we don't do that? Are there reasons not to advertise the pledge page? (I can think of few, don't know if they are important though).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, gog.com, steam, preorder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users