#21 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 April 2018 - 18:20

I believe rewards have been shipped when someone posts a picture of their rewards in hand. Until then, I don't believe any of the claims contained in that Kickstarter 'shipping update'.

I'm at the $75 tier anyways, so I'm not expecting to get anything for a while yet - if ever.

#22 Kardn

Kardn

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:52

6 weeks later still nothing :(

I hope they don't shoot the games with the cannon!

• MisterMetropolis likes this

#23 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 28 April 2018 - 22:47

Watch this space

So you know like when you watch the space and it's blank. Then you get black spots appearing in front of your eyes. Then green splodges that warp and melt like a lava lamp. Then you see those little specks of light swimming around the air and you wonder if they're faeries or just blood rushing around your retina or shit floating in the cornea or whatever. Then you start hallucinating and see dragons and the twisted face of someone you'd forgotten about from 5th grade and didn't even like that much. Then a skull and your own soul leaking out the eyes. Then you look away at something moving suddenly in your peripheral vision, but it was nothing. Then you hear the electric whine of your own brain which begins as almost completely inaudible and ends up deafening you. Then you work out it's a very high octave of Eb. Then you go blind and don't even care any more.

That.

• Mr Moo likes this

#24 Death by Diarrhea

Death by Diarrhea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:59

So, will the people who bought the Steam Special Edition version also get the promised extra content soon?

Below is a quoted answer from the FAQ section for Dreamfall Chapters.

Q: I have bought Dreamfall Chapters Special Edition which included extra content/DLC. Where can I access this extra content?

A: If you bought the Special Edition through Steam, you will receive the extra content automatically once it is available. You might have to restart Steam and change the Updates settings to "Always keep this game up to date" in order for the download to start.
You can find the downloads by right-clicking on Dreamfall Chapters in your Library, select Properties, select the tab Local Files and clicking on Browse Local Files.

Special Edition Includes:

Reborn: The Art of Dreamfall Chapters Book One — a digital art book featuring concept art and illustrations from the first episode of Dreamfall Chapters 

Journeys Birth — two short stories in PDF and ebook formats, set in The Longest Journey universe and leading up to the events in Dreamfall Chapters

Digital soundtrack featuring music from Dreamfall Chapters Book One in FLAC and MP3 format (available November 1st) 

Digital Europolis tourist map! Sponsored by Niyom Media and presented by Crowboy, everyone’s favourite crow cowboy
7 HD wallpapers

5 digital avatars featuring characters from Dreamfall Chapters

#25 Kardn

Kardn

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:31

So, will the people who bought the Steam Special Edition version also get the promised extra content soon?

Below is a quoted answer from the FAQ section for Dreamfall Chapters.

Special Edition Includes:

Reborn: The Art of Dreamfall Chapters Book One — a digital art book featuring concept art and illustrations from the first episode of Dreamfall Chapters 

Journeys Birth — two short stories in PDF and ebook formats, set in The Longest Journey universe and leading up to the events in Dreamfall Chapters

Digital soundtrack featuring music from Dreamfall Chapters Book One in FLAC and MP3 format (available November 1st) 

Digital Europolis tourist map! Sponsored by Niyom Media and presented by Crowboy, everyone’s favourite crow cowboy
7 HD wallpapers

5 digital avatars featuring characters from Dreamfall Chapters

I'm afraid you won't get an answer here. This Forum has been abandoned by RTG.

And they take really long to answer or give any informations. The shipping Update was quite a while ago and it seems, they havn't shipped out any boxes. Rather we haven't

heard of anyone recieving it.So I wouldn't get my hopes high on recieving the Steam extras any time soon.

The communication with/from RTG has come to a halt quite some time ago with giving rarly any informations or updates.

#26 Al Dhi

Al Dhi

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2018 - 15:14

https://www.youtube....h?v=nqaZ4j69JeA

If anybody wonders about why this post sounds so dramatic, don't worry about it, that's just my nature :rolleyes:

Think about this, it's been more than five years since the Kickstarter campaign...

My views have changed, my insight has formed, my understanding has grown. I'm not that interested in the TLJ franchise anymore, I realize that I've grown out of it. Even video games in general are progressively losing my attention. I think I'm going to let it go now. If I'll ever receive this physical copy then that's nice. But I think I won't be around for any upcoming RTG projects. I'm writing this message as a means to call it quits, the recipient lies somewhere hidden in the echoes of the old world.

But this world is new now. Midnight has passed and there's no use clinging to the former day. Imma put off the dream machine now and wake up from this lost vision. Hello, sunshine. God bless.

:mellow:

#27 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 21:22

Ragnar tweeted:

"Boxes are shipping - just not all in one go. And shipping times do vary quite a lot, but we'll check in on everyone to make sure they've received their shipments by the end of the month."

So...no one's received their box yet since the update on March 10, but everyone's supposed to suddenly receive it some time in the next two weeks? I'll believe that when it happens...

And then:

"We're not selling any boxes until all backers have received theirs. Maybe in June."

But all tiers are supposed to receive the Journeyman edition, so...are you telling us all levels are going to ship by June so you'll then be able to sell extra copies?

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#28 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:51

We know this is impossible. None of the other tiers have been asked to confirm shipping addresses.

#29 Minstrum-Squall

Minstrum-Squall

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 May 2018 - 23:51

Hi there is news of these shipments?

Some day, the time will tell it us.

#30 Kardn

Kardn

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:49

Nope, no new news. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes another month or two before they ship it. Maybe even longer.

Dunno what the problem is but they won't tell us either.

#31 Barentity

Barentity

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:17

I received my copy today.

• Chocobo_sage, toremygg, jlddodger and 1 other like this

#32 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3972 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:20

That's atleast 2 backers now.... Nit got mine yet though :)

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#33 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 01 June 2018 - 19:56

3 now - mine arrived today.
I haven’t opened it as this journeyman edition will be a present for my sister
  • Chocobo_sage, Indrid Cold and ct2651 like this

#34 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 20:00

I've heard that it doesn't come with an instruction manual, which the Kickstarter says it does. It makes me wonder what other rewards will be missing from the higher tiers, if they'll even exist at all.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#35 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3972 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 01 June 2018 - 20:31

3 now - mine arrived today.
I haven’t opened it as this journeyman edition will be a present for my sister

Nice! So they're out there in the wild. :D
  • Edreamer Jamil likes this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#36 NomenLuni

NomenLuni

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 22:11

I've heard that it doesn't come with an instruction manual, which the Kickstarter says it does. It makes me wonder what other rewards will be missing from the higher tiers, if they'll even exist at all.

That's correct. I'm a little disappointed with that, and that it doesn't include any of the downloadable extras on the DVD either. Compared to my Dreamfall Special Edition box, it looks a bit empty.

#37 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:25

It was always going to be missing things. The game itself is missing things. As always, no explanation or even comment. Ah well, you reap what you sow.

Still, at least someone has received something at last! Blimey. The stone has finally given a drop of blood.

#38 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:41

Receipt confirmed.

• Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil, toremygg and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#39 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 06 June 2018 - 14:42

People paid $110 for a nice "box" with exclusive artwork, a "printed manual" and all goodies of the digital collector edition (e.g. the soundtrack). 

Now the only got a digipac and a foldable cardboard booklet with a hung in DVD on a plastic carrier.

No box. No printed manual. Also the digital goodies were only available for Episode 1. Not even the artwork is exclusive, but identical to the PC-version that was released four years ago for $29 when only Episode 1 was out (only was this one IN ONE BOX).

41Bvvp1TDPL.jpg

Kickstarter is pretty dead to me, except from the $10-15 minimum digital tiers.

#40 Evil Duck

Evil Duck

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 June 2018 - 16:26

If that's the case i'm really worried abot my 500 dollar pledge and the stuff we were promised there. But I guess we have to wait and see, but im not to hopefull about it all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Physical rewards, kickstarter, update, shipping, journeyman edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users