#1 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11215 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 February 2018 - 16:01

[link to KS update]

Journeyman Edition shipping delay

As it turns out — not surprisingly, given our history — the estimated January ship date for

the Journeyman Edition boxes was a tad optimistic. The wheels of printing presses turn oh-

so-slowly and our experience with digital distribution helps not at all.

We're awaiting delivery of test discs from the factory — we want to confirm that we can

actually install the game before printing thousands of copies and spending tens of

thousands of monies. Once we've received, tested and approved the master disc, we've

been promised a two-week turnaround on production.

Hopefully this estimate sticks and we can ship boxes by the end of the month. We'll keep

you updated.

In happier news, we've decided that ALL physical edition backers ($250-and-up) will

receive the Journeyman Edition in addition to the box they've pledged for. This means that

some of you will get TWO cool things to put on your book/game shelves...along with the

beautiful printed materials, of course.

On that note, here's a preview of three comics — "Woka Sleep", "The Propheseer" and

"Mountains to Cross" — from the Journeys collection (click through for a higher resolution

image):

0c31014d983784d9e9c083eea32258ca_origina

We hope you'll enjoy these small (but very important) stories.

One final thing:

In December, we announced our intention to print and sell new Dreamfall themed tees via

our website. The response was good and we currently have 525 people on the waiting list.

Unfortunately, because of an issue with our partner (you can read more about that here) our

plans have temporarily been put on hold. The 20 backers who never got their reward tees

will of course be prioritised and will receive their shirts regardless.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

• Edreamer Jamil, khh and Lautaro like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 16:44

Good news I guess :)

However, as a 150$ backer, I am still wondering whether they are also going to send the signed postcards? I mean, they are not bound to any disc pressing factories, but require most of the DFC team to still be working at RTG, so they can sign them. Or did I only imagine that they were included? :blush:

• MisterMetropolis likes this

#3 ShardofTruth

ShardofTruth

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 19:28

That's all great news thank you, really love the comics. I'm not sure how I feel about the t-shirts being on hold because of a joke (a bad joke nonetheless and not very clever either, but still).

#4 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 20:12

With waiting for test discs, testing them, and then waiting another two weeks, these obviously aren't going to be shipping until March at the earliest. Which I'm cool with, as long as they keep us informed.

But why is everyone getting a Journeyman copy in addition to their higher pledge box? That just seems a little...extra.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#5 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1624 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 08 February 2018 - 20:44

With waiting for test discs, testing them, and then waiting another two weeks, these obviously aren't going to be shipping until March at the earliest. Which I'm cool with, as long as they keep us informed.

But why is everyone getting a Journeyman copy in addition to their higher pledge box? That just seems a little...extra.

In the comments on the Kickstarter update page RTG says it actually makes things a little bit easier for them to do that

#6 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 February 2018 - 22:31

The joke seems harmless.

#7 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11215 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 February 2018 - 22:39

Given RTG's beliefs and principles as a company, I can understand why they wouldn't want to send out shirts with a dumb and tasteless sexist joke included in the care instructions. I can also understand why they wouldn't want to give a company that finds that appropriate their business and money. Were it me, I'd make the same call.

That being said, I also understand that another delay for people who should have received a shirt a long long time ago  is super frustrating, especially if it's because of something they perceive as being a relatively small issue. 

Comics look good, though, so looking forward to that. And...whatever else I eventually get whenever they get around to my rewards tier.  :rolleyes:

It is really cool to see  Lautaro involved in this, though. :) I've always loved his art, so looking forward to that!

• Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil, khh and 1 other like this

#8 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 09 February 2018 - 00:00

The t-shirt issue is one of the few things I actually support them doing! Who'da thunk? But as for the rest, no comment.

#9 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7094 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:42

I agree on the T-shirts, I think that was a good call. Hopefully RTG will be able to find an alternative without too much trouble.

And I'm looking forwards to seeing what extras will eventually show up on my doorstep. The main reason I backed this back in the day was because I'm a fan of the saga, and the most important product to me was the game. They have delivered on that, and so I'm still feeling quite zen with regards to the other stuff. 

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#10 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 09 February 2018 - 14:00

Question us who pledged the digital edition of the game my humble bundle purchase saids this is what I will get, we will still get it digital right ?

Your purchase of The Digital Collector's Edition Tier gets you:

• Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, cross-platform and DRM-Free
  • Steam Key
  • Vestrum Forum Badge, 
  • 10 Wallpapers 
  • Additional Wallpapers 
  • Digital copy of the Original Soundtrack
  • 'Journeys: Birth' digital eBook
  • 'Tome of the Balance' digital eBook
  • 'Art of Dreamfall' digital eBook
  • 'Journeys: The Graphic Novel' digital eBook
  • Digital Map of Arcadia
  • Digital copy of the making-of-videos

#11 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 09 February 2018 - 15:07

In a word, "No."

#12 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 09 February 2018 - 15:29

Still a bit confused. I don't understand how giving an extra copy to "everyone" would be easier, and from a business standpoint,just throwing money out the window..

And then I guess they need to verify everyones address etc pretty soon.

I mean, I don't complain about getting something extra, but I feel kinda uneasy about it. Could this mean that they can't deliver the high tier boxes, or that they think those would take years, so at least everyone gets something this way..?

Let the conspiracy theories roll :P

Oh, and about the t-shirts; I didn't order any, so it doesn't concern me directly, but I agree and applaud RTG on this one.

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#13 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11215 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 February 2018 - 16:00

Question us who pledged the digital edition of the game my humble bundle purchase saids this is what I will get, we will still get it digital right ?

They haven't said much about the digital rewards. AFAIK, the assumption is still that you will get digital versions of the goodies. But since we don't know for sure what goodies are even included in anything anymore, I don't know what will ultimately end up being included. Hopefully they'll clarify that soon. :/

Still a bit confused. I don't understand how giving an extra copy to "everyone" would be easier, and from a business standpoint,just throwing money out the window..

And then I guess they need to verify everyones address etc pretty soon.

I mean, I don't complain about getting something extra, but I feel kinda uneasy about it. Could this mean that they can't deliver the high tier boxes, or that they think those would take years, so at least everyone gets something this way..?

Let the conspiracy theories roll :P

My guess is that it has something to do with packaging and distribution and trying to limit the number of configurations that need to be boxed to streamline things, but I have no idea. They have at least clarified that they are still delivering the fancier editions, though.

From Kickstarter: 

The $110 pledge gets you the boxed Journeyman Edition, which is shipping first. Nothing's changed there. For those who backed the game at $200 and up, however, in addition to the various 'special' editions they also get the 'basic' Journeyman Edition in the box. It's a bonus (and actually makes things a bit easier for us). No one gets less than what they pledged for.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• mrKnask likes this

#14 Crrooss

Crrooss

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 17:02

So... It's like as a $500 backer I will get Journeyman Edition around april/may and also my pledged Shifter edition probably in 2019/2020?

• MisterMetropolis likes this

#15 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11215 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 February 2018 - 17:12

I'm reading it as "When you get your $200+ pledge level rewards, the box will ALSO include a Journeyman Edition" not "We will ship you a Journeyman Edition now and then also ship you everything else later." 

• khh and mrKnask like this

#16 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 18:51

I definitely interpreted it as "you'll all get the Journeyman Edition this year and then the higher tiers...eventually." I think the reason it makes it easier for them is because it means they don't have to go through all the $200+ backers and pick out which ones only paid for the Journeyman Edition, they can just send one to everyone. And given that it's taken almost a year since the Final Cut to produce these boxes, the other rewards could still take another several years, so they want to give everyone something.

In a word, "No."

Why would you think that?

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#17 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11215 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 February 2018 - 18:59

I asked for clarification on the timing of these "extra" copies Twitter, so I'll let you guys know if I get a response. 

#18 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3070 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 20:37

I'd hope the PDF editions will be released when the physical ones are mailed, or soon after.

#19 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 09 February 2018 - 20:54

Why would you think that?

The question was "Will I still get all of the following as digital rewards like they said?" and the straight answer to that is no you won't.

The more nuanced answer is given by bob, i.e., we really have no idea what RTG are preparing to put in their package. But one thing we do know is that they've slid out of doing a few of the things they promised without so much as a statement to that effect.

That's the saltiest thing of all, IMHO. Fail, ok. But tell us. Face up to it. Be a responsible adult.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shipping, physical rewards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users