Is she briar rose?

#2 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 21:43

Zoe is Briar Rose. Briar Rose was the name Sleeping Beauty used when she was hiding in the forest.

Queenie is The Madame, Saga's teacher. In a deleted scene that was somehow found in the files of the game by Russians, it is explained that she helped found WATI with Alvin Peats, but didn't know he would use it for megalomaniacal purposes.

It's possible that she is the Red Dragon reborn, which would explain her living for 200 years (she could also be using the songlines to time travel, as she can get to the House of All Worlds, but she tells Zoe she's lived for a long time). There were red dragons all over her boat and a red dragon in WATI HQ. It's either that, or she is an agent of his and knew him closely.

I believe their original plan was to send Brian to Arcadia to merge the Undreaming with Nox and Lux and heal the Dream after Klacks had stolen the soulstone. She then probably created WATIcorp with the intention of eventually building Eingana in a few centuries to reunite the worlds. But somewhere along the line, Peats took over and pushed her out, and the Eingana project was eventually taken over by Helena Chang who was unknowingly just going to unmake the world, while in Arcadia, the Undreaming made Brian crazy, commit genocide and build an Engine that was also going to unmake the world. So it ended up being a total failure.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1805 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 08 February 2018 - 23:04

Queenie is The Madame, Saga's teacher.

Unlikely she is Sagas Teacher. 'uncle' is clearly male. Connections with the red Dragon are there however.

it is explained that she helped found WATI with Alvin Peats, but didn't know he would use it for megalomaniacal purposes.

Yes.

It's possible that she is the Red Dragon reborn, which would explain her living for 200 years

I think the game makes it evident she is not. Plus the only Drac Kin with the power of rebirth is the white. Extended life span can be due to Wati/peats technology. Peats was also around 200 odd years old. Its far easier to draw a line between the two.

People keep finding excuses to think Cortez is reborn, but the Kin are dead. All of them. The White only lives via April/Saga as kin (not Drac Kin).

I believe their original plan was to send Brian to Arcadia to merge the Undreaming with Nox and Lux and heal the Dream after Klacks had stolen the soulstone.

It can't be ? Brian was 'sent' back before any of that. It was a plan that went wrong by all accounts. I think thats how the events of TLJ and Dreamfall really come about.
  • khh and Pawlo_86 like this

#4 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 00:20

I wasn't referring to Galath. In Interlude III, Saga mentions "The Madame" comes to give her her assignments. I don't know for sure if Queenie is Kin or not, but I do definitely think Galath is one of the Kin - Lady Alvane says he went to the stars. So he may be blue or red. Just because we've only seen the white be reborn doesn't mean the others can't do it, too.

I know technology can explain a long lifespan, but I thought that there was only so long a body could be kept alive until it turned into a blind and deaf pile of goo like Alvin Peats was. That was the impression I got from Dreamfall. Why would Queenie look perfectly healthy?

We don't know when the soulstone was stolen, but we do know Klacks is at least 1,000 years old by the time the series takes place. The theft of the soulstone is the only reason I can think of for Cortez wanting to send Brian across the Divide, because otherwise, what was the point? Cortez knew reunification was going to happen eventually when it was the right time. I can't think of why he'd want to do anything to speed it up, but maybe I'm missing something here.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#5 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1805 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 09 February 2018 - 00:32

We don't know when the soulstone was stolen, but we do know Klacks is at least 1,000 years old by the time the series takes place

I might be missing a trick here obviously mate. But the best time reference we have for Klacks is that he says he hasn't been to ge'en in 100(?) years ?
(However I am one of the ppl that think Klacks as Aos, which would make him way older)

April frees all souls from the stone in TLJ... so I duno. We see Brian use it after that and put it into Klacks. So i'm not sure you are right on that one.
Lets face it, the plot is convoluted and a mess.

You seem to assume that Cortez is a good guy. Not sure its that clear. But we are wandering off Topic again, and its all been covered before.
  • Pawlo_86 likes this

#6 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:45

I don't really know if Cortez is a good guy or not. Chapters opens up a lot of new questions about him and makes it really dubious. I wish the story was cleared up appropriately. Mystery is important, but soooo many things are introduced and then never resolved.

It's possible that dragons like him and McAllen have no problem enslaving and killing the inhabitants of Stark and Arcadia because, being extraterrestrials, they see us as, like, cockroaches. And they both wanted an early reunification in their own styles, and Cortez used Brian and April as pawns in that personal war against McAllen. I think that's sort of what's implied by the end of the series.

Kian said the necromancer king ruled Ge'en a thousand years ago. That's where I took that interpretation from. That's a good idea about him being Aos. I hadn't thought of that. Although he seemed surprised to see the spear, like he had never seen it before, so I don't know.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users