Photo

What does the girl with the octopus closet do if you scare her?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bird

bird

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:47

Instead of reassure her?

#2 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 08 February 2018 - 13:47

The dialogue when she talks to Zoe outside Seshadri Tower is a little different, I think.

#3 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 14:29

The strange thing is that I feel certain I remember a version where things don't go so well for her. She still lives with her mum and uses Dreamachines, but not as much as before or something like that.

However, in the latest version of the game that doesn't happen regardless of your choice. Either I remember wrong or they changed it at some point.

#4 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3553 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 08 February 2018 - 15:30

I think they dropped some of the minor consequences after one of the updates. Not entirely sure, though. Haven't played much lately.

#5 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2018 - 15:43

The strange thing is that I feel certain I remember a version where things don't go so well for her. She still lives with her mum and uses Dreamachines, but not as much as before or something like that.

However, in the latest version of the game that doesn't happen regardless of your choice. Either I remember wrong or they changed it at some point.

I haven't played the Final Cut, but originally, if you scared her, she stopped using the Dreamer and moved in with her dad. If you didn't scare her, she stayed with her mum and didn't use the Dreamer as much, but still used it.

• Indrid Cold likes this

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

Dreamfall Chapters Transcript | Twitch Stream

#6 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 18:38

I haven't played the Final Cut, but originally, if you scared her, she stopped using the Dreamer and moved in with her dad. If you didn't scare her, she stayed with her mum and didn't use the Dreamer as much, but still used it.

That's exactly what I remember. It doesn't happen any longer, however.

I wonder why they removed it.

#7 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 08 February 2018 - 19:04

I wonder why they removed it.

Government cuts.

#8 iwulBRAND

iwulBRAND

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 14:29

I've finished the Final Cut just yesterday, in this version the girl stays with her mother and talks about using the Dreamachine rarely, mum still being addicted and her spending more time with dad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users