Photo

Kickstarter update #58 (release date announcement, incl. facebook info)

kickstarter release date update release chapters book one book 1

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#81 kellkerrick

kellkerrick

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 14:10

Probably around 5GB. That's including all voice files. We don't have a way to separate out different languages, unfortunately.

Thanks for the info, Ragnar :)

Which reminds me...time for some housekeeping on my computer.

#82 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 14:34

Simon Poole, AKA Slipperhero, from his 2007 album Slipperhero Ep No. 1.

Slipperhero – Slipperhero Ep No.1 (Spotify link)

You can also buy the album on iTunes and various other places. Simon would greatly appreciate the support!

It's also on Wimp, for those select few who have that instead. (Normally because you're a Norwegian and a Canal Digital subscriber) Couldn't find it on Rdio, though.

• khh likes this

#83 Andreas

Andreas

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationLillesand, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 14:43

Probably around 5GB. That's including all voice files. We don't have a way to separate out different languages, unfortunately.

Due to English and German voices included, correct? Or are there even more languages at launch?

So that makes the full game 25 GB - even before French and Polish?

Not sure how correct the information is but I noticed on Steam that it will be in English and German voice and text and French text only. It also say Norwegian is not supported. Something tells me this info might change a bit before launch. 

"Remember that today is tomorrow's yesterday and that tomorrow's yesterday is yesterday's tomorrow." - By Andreas

#84 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 14:45

Not sure how correct the information is but I noticed on Steam that it will be in English and German voice and text and French text only. It also say Norwegian is not supported. Something tells me this info might change a bit before launch.

That is the expected configuration, with French and Polish following (way) after the initial launch.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#85 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 14:49

English and German full audio, Norwegian and French subtitles only, for now. We can't dub the game into Norwegian or French before all five episodes are out: the cost would be prohibitive, given the number of sessions and returning characters we'd need. Voice acting is already our biggest single line item, after salaries. But we're preparing & planning for it, and we're going to do a special edition when all five episodes are out.

• Andreas, khh, blaster and 1 other like this

#86 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 14:51

That is the expected configuration, with French and Polish following (way) after the initial launch.

Ninja'd by Vainamoinen! The Balance has indeed Shifted.

• wandrew, Tina, Edreamer Jamil and 7 others like this

#87 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 15:05

Here's the thing, though. Most people know exactly what you mean when you write CET instead of CEST because most people are not pedants.

In my experience, most people will interpret and misunderstand pretty much every message they ever receive, which leads to strange and sometime hilarious results. Being precise and correct may help to some degree, but some will misunderstand no matter what you do. -_-

• Dmm likes this

#88 Andreas

Andreas

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationLillesand, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 15:07

English and German full audio, Norwegian and French subtitles only, for now. We can't dub the game into Norwegian or French before all five episodes are out: the cost would be prohibitive, given the number of sessions and returning characters we'd need. Voice acting is already our biggest single line item, after salaries. But we're preparing & planning for it, and we're going to do a special edition when all five episodes are out.

Yeah. I meant that the info on steam website will change to include the Norwegian text version :) I were in a hurry earlier and did not formulate my intention well enough.

"Remember that today is tomorrow's yesterday and that tomorrow's yesterday is yesterday's tomorrow." - By Andreas

#89 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 October 2014 - 15:12

In my experience, most people will interpret and misunderstand pretty much every message they ever receive, which leads to strange and sometime hilarious results. Being precise and correct may help to some degree, but some will misunderstand no matter what you do. -_-

What? That's just silly, Moohouse. I wish people would understand every message that they ever receive, but that is simply not the case!...

(...joking...  -_- )

• Dmm, DiskJunky and Mr Moo like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#90 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 15:31

20 gigs of DFC. I am so glad that RTG is going over schedule in order to make this the best it can be. If I squeed myself any more tightly I'd turn inside out! :wonk:

• wandrew, khh and DiskJunky like this

#91 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:21

I work on a global finance account. When you factor in some countries' DST happening at different times and some not having it at all, things can get a bit messy, especially since hours for Southern Hemispere countries are moving in the opposite direction.

ETA I had to look up CEST. We don't tend to use it, just CET all year round (even in spite of its DST).

#92 Valy

Valy

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNeuffen (Germany)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:51

Am I the only one who is irritated because Zoe's hair isn't animated? Even Zoe's hair in Dreamfall did swing from side to side while moving... 

I mean people are commenting on her ass but not on hair that looks like a solid plastic block?

But of course Oct 21 will be a great day even without animated hair. :)  

#93 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:57

That has been brought up before. I believe it was stated that her hair DOES have movement, it's just hard to capture it in a screen shot. We haven't seen much movement footage since they updated her look to include the new hair. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#94 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 October 2014 - 17:04

So it is official Ragnar that Polish version of Dreamfall Chapters will release after Book 5?

#95 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 17:11

That has been brought up before. I believe it was stated that her hair DOES have movement, it's just hard to capture it in a screen shot. We haven't seen much movement footage since they updated her look to include the new hair.

Exactly.

http://redthreadgame...-54/#entry22315

Yeah, it's going to have some movement. Movement is tough to illustrate in screenshots!

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#96 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 17:13

Do we just want to start quote hunting in shifts, V? :P

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, Vainamoinen and 1 other like this

#97 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 02 October 2014 - 17:13

Ragnar, do you think the game would benefit from being installed on an SSD?

(I decided that I won't bring up Zoe's butt again, because trying to explain myself any more than I did would just make it more awkward  :ph34r: But(t) I was very glad for MrGrav's light-hearted answer, thank you, kind sir!)

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 3 others like this

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#98 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 17:18

(I decided that I won't bring up Zoe's butt again, because trying to explain myself any more than I did would just make it more awkward  :ph34r: But(t) I was very glad for MrGrav's light-hearted answer, thank you, kind sir!)

It's a complicated issue, no butts about it. ;) I wouldn't worry too much, though. I don't think anyone was genuinely upset. Sorry you got picked on. 

• wandrew and MailMan like this

#99 Valy

Valy

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNeuffen (Germany)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 17:23

Okay great. (I was referring to what I saw in the release date announcement Video.)

#100 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 October 2014 - 19:50

Hey All 

WOW thats great, I'm dansing off joy here - This is really good news  - good to hear that the game is already released in October - Well done Red Thread Games, you have have kept your promise to us and even before November as promise -  fantastic really nice work.

Warm Regards Sha'nie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, release date, update, release, chapters, book one, book 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users