Photo

Kickstarter update #58 (release date announcement, incl. facebook info)

kickstarter release date update release chapters book one book 1

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#61 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:01

RTT (Red Thread Time) also doubles as Ragnar Tornquist Time. One of the most important markers of which is Soon™.

• Tina, WorldsReunited, popcorngal and 5 others like this

#62 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:05

"Time is flexible here"

#63 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:52

RTG: Ragnar Tornquist's Gang ;)

As for Timezones well i still don't recognise UTC as i'm old school, so it's good old GMT for me. Or BST as it currently is, until the end of the month when the clocks go back an hour lol.
  • Riaise likes this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#64 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:56

"Bullshit time"?

• WorldsReunited, khh, toremygg and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#65 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:57

"Bullshit time"?

*sniggers to himself quietly in the corner*

• khh likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#66 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:06

Living in a country that has different time zones has it's advantages, I guess, as we're used to converting between them...however, this EST and EDT thing is really new to me.  I don't remember having these before the last few years...and I still haven't figured out when I'm in EST and EDT.  I just know in the fall I have to set my clocks back an hour and in the spring set them forward an hour which annoys me greatly enough without having to try to figure out whether I'm 'in' daylight savings time or not.  My plan is to henceforth just say I am in the Eastern time zone and let everyone else figure out whether it's EST or EDT...like Ragnar said it's MY time zone and the only one that really matters on a daily basis.  ;)   (Until I have to try to figure out when I will be able to do something awesome like play my new DFC, then I'm in sad shape!)   :huh: 

• Tina likes this

#67 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:13

Living in a country that has different time zones has it's advantages, I guess, as we're used to converting between them...however, this EST and EDT thing is really new to me.  I don't remember having these before the last few years...and I still haven't figured out when I'm in EST and EDT.  I just know in the fall I have to set my clocks back an hour and in the spring set them forward an hour which annoys me greatly enough without having to try to figure out whether I'm 'in' daylight savings time or not.  My plan is to henceforth just say I am in the Eastern time zone and let everyone else figure out whether it's EST or EDT...like Ragnar said it's MY time zone and the only one that really matters on a daily basis.  ;)   (Until I have to try to figure out when I will be able to do something awesome like play my new DFC, then I'm in sad shape!)   :huh: 

What I found frustrating when travelling around the US is moving between states that are technically in the same time zone but some have daylight savings time and some don't...so, you can cross the boarder and now the time's out of whack. Which can play merry hell when you have to be somewhere on time and you're not aware of the state's use of daylight savings :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#68 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:23

#69 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2285 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:26

What I found frustrating when travelling around the US is moving between states that are technically in the same time zone but some have daylight savings time and some don't...so, you can cross the boarder and now the time's out of whack. Which can play merry hell when you have to be somewhere on time and you're not aware of the state's use of daylight savings :)

Agreed!  Arizona is the only continental US State that doesn't (Hawaii also doesn't, but that's probably not as big a deal).  What is even more confusing is Indiana where part of the state uses it and part doesn't!   :blink:

#70 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:30

Norway, geographically, is in three time zones. Here on the west coast we're actually UTC (+DST when that's applicable), whereas in Eastern Finnmark they're UTC+2 (again +DST when applicable). So at least for one of the extremes, DST makes sense (but of course, for the other extreme...). I see it as more of a nuisance myself.

#71 kellkerrick

kellkerrick

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:33

Can't wait to start downloading the game! Strictly speaking, it'll be midnight 22 October my local time. As luck would have it, 22 October is a public holiday :D 

I wonder how large the file size will be. Hopefully, I will be able to play when I wake up in the morning :P

• Tina likes this

#72 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:48

Yes, it is a little bit confusing here in the US, but it is a lot better than it use to be. Every state use to have their own start and stop dates and even those could vary considerably from year to year and in some years they may chose not to observe it, all of which created a confusing mess for the country as a whole. Currently only Arizona and Hawaii do not observe Daylight Saving Time. Any state can opt out if they do not want to observe it, but those that choose to observe must start and stop on the exact same dates set by the federal government.

Actually, what I find more annoying is that some states in the lower 48 are divide into two different time zones. I guess the reason for that has to do with economic ties to businesses in a given time zone.

#73 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:00

Can't wait to start downloading the game! Strictly speaking, it'll be midnight 22 October my local time. As luck would have it, 22 October is a public holiday :D

I wonder how large the file size will be. Hopefully, I will be able to play when I wake up in the morning :P

Probably around 5GB. That's including all voice files. We don't have a way to separate out different languages, unfortunately.

• DiskJunky likes this

#74 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:04

Due to English and German voices included, correct? Or are there even more languages at launch?

So that makes the full game 25 GB - even before French and Polish?

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#75 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:13

So that makes the full game 25 GB??

Some textures, voiceovers, music etc. can be reused, so I would expect the first episode to be a larger download than the consecutive ones. Maybe 20 GB in total.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#76 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:48

I've booked my day off already :) Is it being released at 00:00 on the 21st (or has this already been answered)?

• khh likes this

#77 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:49

18.00 CE(S)T or so...

• DiskJunky likes this

#78 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:49

Actually, what I find more annoying is that some states in the lower 48 are divide into two different time zones. I guess the reason for that has to do with economic ties to businesses in a given time zone.

Sometimes, it's due to the size/location of the state. Tennessee is wide, man. :)

#79 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:51

18.00 CE(S)T or so...

dammit, should have booked the 22nd off...

• khh likes this

#80 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:55

Dreamfall Chapters Book One releasing in

:sotb: 19 days 3 hours 4 minutes :sotb:

• Tina, WorldsReunited, kellkerrick and 3 others like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, release date, update, release, chapters, book one, book 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users