#81 Tiago

Tiago

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brazil

Posted 06 November 2014 - 17:01

Minstrum Yerin: We don't know. but we suspect Vanguard agents, of course. In the chaos of the evacuation, the soldiers had their hands full making sure no one was trampled, and that looters were promptly apprehended. When we visited the temple after everyone had left -- there were so many books and valuable artifacts we wanted to bring here, for safe keeping -- we found Tobias by the murals he loved so dearly. He's been stabbed in the heart, and from the looks of it, he didn't resist much at all. He probably even knew his assailant.
April: Why Tobias? He was the kindest, gentlest man I've ever known. Always helpful, always ready to listen. I'll really miss him.

I had forgotten this part. Someone Vestrum Tobias knew? My best guess is that it was Brian Westhouse. There is something shady about him, specially considering the events on Dreamfall.

نDo4gzZF.png

#82 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 06 November 2014 - 17:12

Didn't we have confirmation that the problem with space travel in DF was that FTL travel stopped working?
I also don't quite see why what happened in the Guardian's Realm should look like a sun exploding. There didn't seem to be anything that energetic going on.

I said that it could be similar. One could also call it a cataclysm. We don't know what exactly happened. Maybe Stark tec has problems with magic seeping in? Maybe it's the overdue-ness of changing guardians that causes the collapse? 

So maybe Azadi are result of Collapse? People from Stark transfered to Arcadia. Collapse Memorial in Europolis mentioned "For Those Who  Lost"

Not if we believe Brian Westhouse. Plus, the people didn't look like Azadi but more like some rich snobs. 

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#83 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 November 2014 - 17:41

Its strange that Azadi just came to Marcuria and kill Tyrens. Tyrens work for Vanguard so Azadi were against Vanguard. Why they came to city in first place? What was a reason for it? How events from TLJ caused it?

I think that Ancient City, Dream Chamber and blue prints for Tower were a reason. So the one who control Azadi knew about all of it. Prophet...

#84 GistOfSpirit

GistOfSpirit

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3101 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 20:19

This must have occurred to somebody over the years, but I just thought of it recently:

The first chapter of DF was called "Tainted". I and most others assumed it meant that Brian was tainted by the Undreaming. But it could also mean that the Storytime was tainted by Brian's (non-dreamer) presence, and the Undreaming is that taint.

• Veen Friend and Kari2 like this

#85 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 December 2014 - 21:28

This must have occurred to somebody over the years, but I just thought of it recently:

The first chapter of DF was called "Tainted". I and most others assumed it meant that Brian was tainted by the Undreaming. But it could also mean that the Storytime was tainted by Brian's (non-dreamer) presence, and the Undreaming is that taint.

Vagabond was very unfriendly for Brian:

"Go away quickly! You can not say!"

"It will find you...what have you done? What have you done?"

I wonder what really happend in 1933 and how it releated to Dreamer cycle...

• Veen Friend likes this

#86 Veen Friend

Veen Friend

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Køge

Posted 16 December 2014 - 15:44

^^I completely agree.

Vagabond didn't even give Brian a helping hand in this.... And I think there is a natural conflict in staying (awake) in Storytime. Evil forces like the Undreaming can attack you, if you don't know what Storytime is, and how to react and behave in this place... Storytime is perhaps meant to be a place for relaxing and dreaming while you sleep. And this place should not be infected or disturbed at the same time.

This was completely new for Brian, to be awake in Storytime, and this was an eyeopener for everybody. Vagabond was suddenly frightened by the undreaming and maybe only therefore unable to help Brian in a polite way. Storytime became in this way tainted by several factors.

Have a look again of the scene at 5:20

Edited by Veen Friend, 17 December 2014 - 14:51.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#87 poppalolla

poppalolla

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 00:02

I'd like to put my two cents in on the people who vanished during the Collapse, and their possible relocation to Arcadia. In DF, when Zoë first came to Arcadia, Benrime Salmin pointed her towards Minstrum Magda, who had helped people like her (Starkians?) before. So maybe she and other Minstrum did help those who vanished from Stark during the Collapse and ended up in Arcadia 10 years before? If I recall, in TLJ, Stark is almost a mere legend among the Arcadians, whereas in DF, it seems that "travelers" between worlds are at least a bit more common than before. But I'm just speculating here, I do hope the the concept of the Collapse is revisited in the later books of DFC.

• spyked and Starseeker like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users