Photo

Ok, got a packet in the mail... with big holes in it...

delivery Backer Support Help Shipping problem? Missing items?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Domaldel

Domaldel

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:24

Well, I've backed the game with somewhere around 260 dollars (I think) for a USB pen and some t-shirts and whatnot, I must admit that I haven't really followed the game for ages and ages (family member died and a bunch of other things), anyway, last Friday I got a packet in the mail at the local post office, unfortunately there where big openings in the packet and all that was found in it was two t-shirts, and since I had a bit of confusion going on back when I was going to deal with all the backer kit mess (and the previously mentioned family member died about then) I kind of lost track of what was actually included of things to be sent to me.

So the end result is that I have no idea about what items was or wasn't present in that package at the time of shipping, and therefore if anything is missing or not.

Perhaps I got the two t-shirts and that was all that was in them. If that's the case then great, nothing to worry about.
But when I got the package I ended up comfort eating half a box of ice-cream due to worries about Wonkers perhaps being lost... :-/

So, do anyone know anything about this?

Have anyone else had similar experiences?
Should I be panicking or follow the advice of a certain guide to the galaxy?

Any advice would be welcome.

Btw, with last Friday I don't mean the twelfth, not the nineteenth.

Edited by Domaldel, 21 September 2014 - 17:27.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#2 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:33

Well, I've backed the game with somewhere around 260 dollars (I think) for a USB pen and some t-shirts and whatnot, I must admit that I haven't really followed the game for ages and ages (family member died and a bunch of other things), anyway, last Friday I got a packet in the mail at the local post office, unfortunately there where big openings in the packet and all that was found in it was two t-shirts, and since I had a bit of confusion going on back when I was going to deal with all the backer kit mess (and the previously mentioned family member died about then) I kind of lost track of what was actually included of things to be sent to me.

So the end result is that I have no idea about what items was or wasn't present in that package at the time of shipping, and therefore if anything is missing or not.

Perhaps I got the two t-shirts and that was all that was in them. If that's the case then great, nothing to worry about.
But when I got the package I ended up comfort eating half a box of ice-cream due to worries about Wonkers perhaps being lost... :-/

So, do anyone know anything about this?

Have anyone else had similar experiences?
Should I be panicking or follow the advice of a certain guide to the galaxy?

Any advice would be welcome.

Btw, with last Friday I don't mean the twelfth, not the nineteenth.

To my knowledge, the ONLY things that have shipped are T-shirts, so DON'T PANIC.

Also, I think that the rewards are not exactly sent from the RTG office, but rather from the place they're manufactured (in the case of the T-Shirts, I think that's somewhere in Poland...). So it wouldn't be feasible to put any other rewards, manufactured elsewhere, in these packages at all. So it should be doubly safe to assume that you've got everything that was in that package.

Most of the physical rewards will be shipped out after the last episode has released (uhmm, Chapters is an episodic game now), so that's rather end-2015-ish.

Oh, and here's a little update about the development in case you'd like to stay around all informed and whatnot... we're prrrrettttty close to episode one right now, and it's about time to flaunt your Dreamer badge around...

• Morten, Tina, Rain-Dancer and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:43

Yep, yep, Vainamoinen is completely correct, t-shirts are the only physical rewards that have been sent out at this point.

:)
  • Vainamoinen, Rain-Dancer and Domaldel like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#4 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:52

Ohhhhh someone has found out how to get a badge. This FAQ stuff really works. ;)

• Edreamer Jamil, trentjaspar and Domaldel like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#5 Domaldel

Domaldel

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:54

To my knowledge, the ONLY things that have shipped are T-shirts, so DON'T PANIC.

Also, I think that the rewards are not exactly sent from the RTG office, but rather from the place they're manufactured (in the case of the T-Shirts, I think that's somewhere in Poland...). So it wouldn't be feasible to put any other rewards, manufactured elsewhere, in these packages at all. So it should be doubly safe to assume that you've got everything that was in that package.

Most of the physical rewards will be shipped out after the last episode has released (uhmm, Chapters is an episodic game now), so that's rather end-2015-ish.

Oh, and here's a little update about the development in case you'd like to stay around all informed and whatnot... we're prrrrettttty close to episode one right now, and it's about time to flaunt your Dreamer badge around...

Yep, yep, Vainamoinen is completely correct, t-shirts are the only physical rewards that have been sent out at this point.

:)

Oh, thank goodness!

I'll just relax with some salty peanuts and a towel then while I wait for the rest. =)

@Tina One thing though, perhaps you folks should convince whoever is responsible for the shipping to add a tiny bit more protection to the packages before shipping though?

I mean of a rectangular package one of the long sides had a opening covering 100% of the side, and the other was open along about 75% of the packages length...

To be frank I'm amazed that the t-shirts didn't fall out... ><

#6 Domaldel

Domaldel

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 17:55

Ohhhhh someone has found out how to get a badge. This FAQ stuff really works. ;)

Of course it does... ><

I managed it on my old account too... (although it seems to have been deleted at some point)

Btw, what in mojals name is "warning points"?

#7 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 18:00

Oh, thank goodness!
I'll just relax with some salty peanuts and a towel then while I wait for the rest. =)

@Tina One thing though, perhaps you folks should convince whoever is responsible for the shipping to add a tiny bit more protection to the packages before shipping though?
I mean of a rectangular package one of the long sides had a opening covering 100% of the side, and the other was open along about 75% of the packages length...
To be frank I'm amazed that the t-shirts didn't fall out... ><

Tina's a voluntary moderator, not RTG staff... and the T-shirt packages should by now really have been delivered completely.

They were sent in two waves because the first one all those months ago, uh, lacked quite a few backer addresses, it seems. ;)

But let's encourage RTG to go an extra safe route for the other physical rewards. I'm all for it!!

Btw, what in mojals name is "warning points"?

No idea. I guess no one has ever gotten one on this forum. ;)
  • Tina, Rain-Dancer and Domaldel like this

#8 Domaldel

Domaldel

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 18:03

Tina's a voluntary moderator, not RTG staff... and the T-shirt packages should by now really have been delivered completely.

They were sent in two waves because the first one all those months ago, uh, lacked quite a few backer addresses, it seems. ;)

But let's encourage RTG to go an extra safe route for the other physical rewards. I'm all for it!!

Fair enough.
I'd kind of prefer Wonkers, not to be left stuck in between worlds, so to speak...

@Tina Btw, thanks for the work that you and the other volunteers do. =)

#9 Domaldel

Domaldel

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 18:09

I'll probably need a refresher about who the regulars are in the TLJ community at some point.
I remember toremyggen and something about a german girl that used to be all over the old tlj fan forum I used to lurk at back in the olden days before red thread existed.
As well as a half crazed guy called guybrush or some such.

Is that still the highlights of the community or are there anyone else that's noteworthy at the moment? =)
(I'd love to hear what that german girl was called btw if you remember it)

#10 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 18:17

Yeah, I think all t-shirts should have been sent out by now.

RTG also used a third party to send out those t-shirts, and maybe they also were the ones that made them. I'm not exactly sure about that. But if they are a "t-shirt company", sort of, then it's probably not them who will be sending out the rest of the rewards (when that time comes).

I think the type of packaging they used is quite normal packaging for t-shirts though. At least when I recieve t-shirts from teefury and other places, they are not that well protected either. I know some people had their t-shirt packages opened, but that may have been customs etc, checking the contents (and then they should have been closed again). I also seem to remember some person getting an empty package. I mean, mail systems aren't fail safe. But now that I just realized you're Norwegian, I'd have thought "Posten" was more careful with their mail (and should have taped it up or something if they noticed it).

Anyway, I really hope the rest of the rewards will be appropriately packaged.

toremygg is still here :) I suppose you will remember khh as well. I wasn't really frequenting the old forums, so I can't point you to any other members. But Tore got his shirt a couple of days ago as well, so you're in good company! The "regulars" here now are mostly hanging out in The Salty Seaman, which is an "anything goes" thread for random chat :)

• Domaldel likes this

#11 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 19:21

The "German girls" are, uh, Silvara4ever (unfortunately not so ever, because now Silvirish4ever) and Jana, but whether that strikes a bell for old community members... they're all soooo young in here...

#12 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 19:34

And of course, wandrew will be known to "older members" :) He would probably know who this "German girl" in question is :)

• Domaldel likes this

#13 Domaldel

Domaldel

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 20:02

Yeah, I think all t-shirts should have been sent out by now.

RTG also used a third party to send out those t-shirts, and maybe they also were the ones that made them. I'm not exactly sure about that. But if they are a "t-shirt company", sort of, then it's probably not them who will be sending out the rest of the rewards (when that time comes).

I think the type of packaging they used is quite normal packaging for t-shirts though. At least when I recieve t-shirts from teefury and other places, they are not that well protected either. I know some people had their t-shirt packages opened, but that may have been customs etc, checking the contents (and then they should have been closed again). I also seem to remember some person getting an empty package. I mean, mail systems aren't fail safe. But now that I just realized you're Norwegian, I'd have thought "Posten" was more careful with their mail (and should have taped it up or something if they noticed it).

Anyway, I really hope the rest of the rewards will be appropriately packaged.

toremygg is still here :) I suppose you will remember khh as well. I wasn't really frequenting the old forums, so I can't point you to any other members. But Tore got his shirt a couple of days ago as well, so you're in good company! The "regulars" here now are mostly hanging out in The Salty Seaman, which is an "anything goes" thread for random chat :)

Ah, thanks. =)
And yes, when you mentioned it, I do sort of remember khh, at least the nick, although I don't remember the personality (that is what kind of posts he used to make)
I think he's norwegian too, no?

Also, "jeg er ikke norsk er jeg redd"... ("I'm afraid I'm not norwegian")
I just live here and have grown up here and was born here.
The whole citizenship thing can be a bit complicated sometimes, as well as the whole definition of "from"...

The "German girls" are, uh, Silvara4ever (unfortunately not so ever, because now Silvirish4ever) and Jana, but whether that strikes a bell for old community members... they're all soooo young in here...

Um...
No, they don't ring any bells as such...
At least not under those nicks...
And yes, she was young.
She seemed like the youngest active member of the forum back then that I can remember...

And of course, wandrew will be known to "older members" :) He would probably know who this "German girl" in question is :)

Ah, yes...
wandrew! ^^
Thanks for reminding me. :-)
And yeah, he probably remembers.
He used to talk with her pretty much every day if I don't remember wrong.
Didn't he spend quite a lot of time with wonkers as his avatar btw, or am I just imagining things?

#14 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 20:21

And yes, when you mentioned it, I do sort of remember khh, at least the nick, although I don't remember the personality (that is what kind of posts he used to make)
I think he's norwegian too, no?

Didn't he spend quite a lot of time with wonkers as his avatar btw, or am I just imagining things?

He is. I mean, I am.

I do remember that german girl, but not her name. I think she came round to the new forums once, then left again. There are a few others who're around from time to time, but not too many who stop by regularly. We've got a new crowd though.

• Domaldel likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#15 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 20:25

Yep, both toremygg and khh are Norwegian.

Also, "jeg er ikke norsk er jeg redd"... ("I'm afraid I'm not norwegian")
I just live here and have grown up here and was born here.
The whole citizenship thing can be a bit complicated sometimes, as well as the whole definition of "from"...

I thought that people who are born, grown up and lives in Norway would define themselves as Norwegian (at least that's how I'd define it, and I don't feel you even have to be born here to be "Norwegian"), but I'm not going to force "Norwegian-ness" onto you :P

And wandrew still has a Wonkers avatar (click the red text of his name in my previous post to go to his profile page) :)
  • Domaldel likes this

#16 Domaldel

Domaldel

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 20:35

He is. I mean, I am.

I do remember that german girl, but not her name. I think she came round to the new forums once, then left again. There are a few others who're around from time to time, but not too many who stop by regularly. We've got a new crowd though.

Kjekt. =)
Nice to see some of you oldbies are still around. =)
Have no idea if anyone of the old crowd still remembers me, I was only active occasionally...

And yeah, with wonkers avatar I was referring to wandrew... 

Yep, both toremygg and khh are Norwegian.

I thought that people who are born, grown up and lives in Norway would define themselves as Norwegian (at least that's how I'd define it, and I don't feel you even have to be born here to be "Norwegian"), but I'm not going to force "Norwegian-ness" onto you :P

And wandrew still has a Wonkers avatar (click the red text of his name in my previous post to go to his profile page) :)

Well, remember that Norway is a place where your great grandparents, grandparents and parents and you yourself have to live in the same place their whole life for you to qualify to be "from" said place... ><
Otherwise you're left with saying you live in place x but you're really from place y...

In my case, y just happens to be outside of Norway since I can't claim several generations in this country.

Of course, you might feel somewhat different considering that you're living in the most multicultural part of the country, a place where next to no one is from pr say.

I mean, have you ever meet anyone that's actually from Oslo as opposed to having just lived there their whole life?

#17 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 21:28

I mean, have you ever meet anyone that's actually from Oslo as opposed to having just lived there their whole life?

I tell people I'm from Oslo. Though only one of my parents grew up there.

• Tina likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#18 Domaldel

Domaldel

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 September 2014 - 22:21

I tell people I'm from Oslo. Though only one of my parents grew up there.

Really?  :blink:

You're the first Norwegian I've ever talked too who would say that in such a situation.

You're still beating me though. =)

#19 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:23

Where I'm from is where I grew up. To me, that has nothing to do with my genealogy. Because we're talking about where *I* am from, not where my parents are from. I say I'm from Grenland (because I've grown up in both Skien and Porsgrunn). My father grew up in Skien but my mother grew up in rural Telemark. And I feel like I'm more "from" Oslo than from Grenland after having lived in Oslo for 6 years. This is where I feel I belong.

Of course it complicates things if you have looks that are not typically Norwegian. I have heard several people with multicultural background be annoyed if people ask them where they're from, then they reply "I'm from X" (city in Norway or something) and then people reply "yeah, but where are you *really* from?". In my mind, they would be *from* that Norwegian city. And that people mix up their questions, because what they really want to ask is where their ancestors are from.

But I mean, racist people keep saying things like "go back to where you came from". But if the person has a Norwegian citizenship, and especially if they grew up in Norway, then I'd say they're as Norwegian as I am.

I just.. I don't know why it has to be so complicated :)

• Edreamer Jamil, khh and Riaise like this

#20 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:25

Ah, yes...
wandrew! ^^
Thanks for reminding me. :-)
And yeah, he probably remembers.
He used to talk with her pretty much every day if I don't remember wrong.

Even I know wandrew had a wonkers as his avatar, and I was only lurking the old forum for couple of years.

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delivery, Backer, Support, Help, Shipping problem?, Missing items?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users