Thank you!

#22 Death by Diarrhea

Death by Diarrhea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:16

[link]

So it means that those who bought the Special Edition won't get the Journeys Birth despite it being advertised as part of it before?  I do hope this gets sorted out properly, that's one of the reason I bought the special edition in Steam back then, because of the extras included in it.

#23 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:39

TBH I don't think they even know the difference between all the various things they gaily promised over the years. So many fans and customers buying things that mysteriously disappear and never get talked about again. But never fear, we'll get a Kick update that is full of vague breeziness.

#24 Death by Diarrhea

Death by Diarrhea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:18

I still do hope they deliver even if it's (very) late.  I waited 8 years for Chapters to come out, I can wait still for a bit longer for them to deliver on the Special Edition contents which I happily paid for.

#25 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 19:06

Production on the boxes begins shortly, and they're shipping in January.

Quite a few of you have also asked for a general Red Thread Games update:
what's the status on our new games, are we planning another Kickstarter, will we
ever make The Longest Journey Home. (Etc.) We will answer some of those
questions in our Christmas update – and hopefully share some more good news.

Guys, I mean... come on. This is just a little too absurd. :blink:

• MisterMetropolis likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#26 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 20:26

It's now been another 20 months since Book Five (the time between Book One and Book Five and between the Kickstarter and Book One)...five years since the Kickstarter...and still no rewards.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#27 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 February 2018 - 20:58

It's now been another 20 months since Book Five (the time between Book One and Book Five and between the Kickstarter and Book One)...five years since the Kickstarter...and still no rewards.

And just to add...

https://www.tickcoun...ards-were-close

waiting.gif

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#28 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3553 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:58

It's like they have a collective clinical depression and just cannot get stuff done.

#29 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 02 February 2018 - 13:12

Its almost as if they did a kickstarter with out knowing wtf they were doing.

#30 Crrooss

Crrooss

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 16:41

It's still better than some other Kickstarters. We've got our game and it's mostly complete (mostly, cause it misses an "in game library", which was one of the Kickstarters goals). I think they miscalculated the budget and dont have fouds for the Kickstarter rewards. As a $500 backer I'm not angry or frustrated about that. It's more like sad, because I wish them the best. 

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#31 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 19:54

It's still better than some other Kickstarters. We've got our game and it's mostly complete (mostly, cause it misses an "in game library", which was one of the Kickstarters goals). I think they miscalculated the budget and dont have fouds for the Kickstarter rewards. As a $500 backer I'm not angry or frustrated about that. It's more like sad, because I wish them the best. 

I am angry that, if that is the case, they can't just be upfront with us.

Their behaviour reminds me of Her Interactive after they had to fire everyone because they couldn't afford to make games anymore and became merely a distributor of their own back catalog. The golden relationship they had with their fans was gone overnight and they stopped communicating.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#32 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 February 2018 - 19:59

As a $500 backer I'm not angry or frustrated about that. It's more like sad, because I wish them the best. 

There was a time when I felt somewhat that way. That time has passed.

I am angry that, if that is the case, they can't just be upfront with us.

Mhm. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#33 Dylyan

Dylyan

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:01

So, January is over and still nothing new regarding the shipping?

#34 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 03 February 2018 - 14:43

RTG offices, earlier:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users