38 replies to this topic

#21 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 17:41

I'm just kind of livid that they apparently put the outfits in on July 21, and after we tweeted them, emailed them, BEGGED them for an update for almost four months, they decide to send out something now that says "All you had to do was enter in this code we gave you three years ago, How did you not know this??" The level of unprofessionalism is comical. Like who does that?? And they're probably never gonna answer my tweet asking how we can access the green Arcadia outfit in the area it was actually designed for, and we're just gonna have to learn to live with that.

• Jecica and Indrid Cold like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#22 briarrose

briarrose

Rubber Ducky

• RTG Staff
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 17:54

I'm just kind of livid that they apparently put the outfits in on July 21, and after we tweeted them, emailed them, BEGGED them for an update for almost four months, they decide to send out something now that says "All you had to do was enter in this code we gave you three years ago, How did you not know this??" The level of unprofessionalism is comical. Like who does that?? And they're probably never gonna answer my tweet asking how we can access the green Arcadia outfit in the area it was actually designed for, and we're just gonna have to learn to live with that.

I personally think that long silences leave room for a lot of misunderstandings, so I would like to share the knowledge that I have in regards to the points you have raised here.

The outfits were added in The Final Cut update, but the method of accessing them was a separate task which took longer to find a good solution for. So we had to hold off until the access codes were implemented before announcing it.

You can access the outfits in both Zoe's apartment and in Marcuria. It's not so obvious where in Marcuria, and I won't say exactly where, in case there are people who want to discover it themselves  :) , but it may have something to do with a small tailor's business recently setting up shop in town..

• Jecica, Edreamer Jamil, khh and 7 others like this

#23 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 18:30

I personally think that long silences leave room for a lot of misunderstandings, so I would like to share the knowledge that I have in regards to the points you have raised here.

The outfits were added in The Final Cut update, but the method of accessing them was a separate task which took longer to find a good solution for. So we had to hold off until the access codes were implemented before announcing it.

You can access the outfits in both Zoe's apartment and in Marcuria. It's not so obvious where in Marcuria, and I won't say exactly where, in case there are people who want to discover it themselves  :) , but it may have something to do with a small tailor's business recently setting up shop in town..

Oh, awesome! Thank you so much for the response! It's also understandable that the codes still had to be implemented. I thought they meant they just hadn't let us know about it.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#24 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 19:31

A thought occurred to me. The keys must be validated somewhere online, correct? Otherwise everyone could unlock the costumes with one key.

But does that mean that if I reinstall the game on a different computer, I lose the costumes?

#25 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 22:20

What is the forum key? All I have is the forum badge key and they said it was invalid.

#26 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 December 2017 - 22:53

I still can't see the alternate outfits (2 should be available at my pledge level). Which key should we redeem - is it the old Early Access key which showed up in Humble Bundle some 2 years ago? I tried that one, loaded up a saved game in Zoe's apartment, but couldn't see a way to open the wardrobe (the saved game was for a Final Cut playthrough - I am assuming we don't need to start a completely new game).

Am I missing something?...

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#27 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:44

I still can't see the alternate outfits (2 should be available at my pledge level). Which key should we redeem - is it the old Early Access key which showed up in Humble Bundle some 2 years ago? I tried that one, loaded up a saved game in Zoe's apartment, but couldn't see a way to open the wardrobe (the saved game was for a Final Cut playthrough - I am assuming we don't need to start a completely new game).
Am I missing something?...

The message says it's the badge key. I've not tried it yet.

#28 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1239 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:51

Thank-you :) In the space of the 60 seconds you took to write this you've done more for the credibility of RTG than your boss has in the last 18 months. Maybe you could respectfully suggest that when he writes his nonsense PR backer updates he actually includes such information. Because leaving it out and just breezily saying "Oh yeah the outfits..." is not doing him any favours at all. All that would be required is  adding "we just implemented a way to verify the codes, so all systems go". He could even add a couple of exclamation marks to keep up the breeziness, yet still actually tell the truth.

No, of course I'm not suggesting you do that. I'm just grateful one person in RTG decided we were worth informing properly. And not surprised that that person was not Ragnar.

• Starseeker likes this

#29 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1278 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:57

The message says it's the badge key. I've not tried it yet.

It's the "backer license key" - when you're logged in here, click on your profile -> My Settings -> Backer License Key.

• Jecica, Bruno and tummy ooh aah like this

#30 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 December 2017 - 15:57

It's the "backer license key" - when you're logged in here, click on your profile -> My Settings -> Backer License Key.

Huh - there it is. The Kickstarter update said it was in the Humble account as well, but the only key I was able to find there was the Early Access one. Thanks Andy, I'll try with this one!

• Edreamer Jamil and Ringtail like this

#31 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1776 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 08 December 2017 - 16:00

Originally it was on the humble account I think. We all copy and pasted the key in here to claim the badge, so you can still look it up. Thats what I did. Thing is, im sure I have put that key in the game before. I thought any extras would be auto activated. Oh well. Works well enough now.

• Edreamer Jamil and Ringtail like this

#32 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1278 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 08 December 2017 - 16:20

Originally it was on the humble account I think. We all copy and pasted the key in here to claim the badge, so you can still look it up. Thats what I did. Thing is, im sure I have put that key in the game before. I thought any extras would be auto activated. Oh well. Works well enough now.

Yeah, I think that's true. I guess the look-up function (and maybe the skins themselves) weren't implemented until the last big update.
  • Lee-m likes this

#33 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 08 December 2017 - 18:29

I want to hope that the upcoming books/stories will shed more light on Queenie, Saga and her parents, because I was very disappointed that these important characters were introduced, but we got to know only part of their story with no resolution. In a way DFC has many cliffhangers because of that, just like Dreamfall. Such storytelling is not only questionable, but also cruel when you label this game "final".
  • Edreamer Jamil, MisterMetropolis and Starseeker like this

#34 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 December 2017 - 00:28

Huh - there it is. The Kickstarter update said it was in the Humble account as well, but the only key I was able to find there was the Early Access one. Thanks Andy, I'll try with this one!

Yup, that worked! :)

• Ringtail likes this

#35 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2717 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 December 2017 - 22:36

Great, just great! :) Can't wait for more stories set in Dreamfall universe.

#36 Pekka

Pekka

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 December 2017 - 14:46

I do hope they still have plans for The Longest Journey Home, or if not for that, then at least for some other game taking place in the same universe. 

As I see it, the storytelling and game development potential of this fantasy world (or worlds) is still far from exhausted.

• Edreamer Jamil and Starseeker like this

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

- Axel Oxenstierna (1583 - 1654)

#37 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:15

I do hope they still have plans for The Longest Journey Home, or if not for that, then at least for some other game taking place in the same universe.

As I see it, the storytelling and game development potential of this fantasy world (or worlds) is still far from exhausted.

I agree with potential, but DFC made me feel that Ragnar lost his writing skills and vision that made first 2 games nearly perfect. DFC was supposed to become the best game out of 3 considering development team's experience, but both gameplay and storytelling had tons of wtf moments, while I had no such problems with previous games. I think TLJ should be left alone, there's only so much damage I can take...

#38 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1776 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 11 December 2017 - 14:12

I think its more TLJ/Dreamfall/DFC was more a victim of time, not that Ragnar can't write anymore, he clearly can. The absurd gaps between releases really took its tole on its method of story and plot.

When the original TLJ came out the pinnacle of TV was the x-files.
A show that asked loads of questions, only ever hinted that there might be an answer when in reality the writers had none. And when it got its main plot device characters together, they just danced around each other pretty much saying nothing at all. Sound like anything we know ?

Fast forward to the release of DFC, and the crown jewel of TV is Game of thrones. Which asks loads of questions, sets up everything, and then sets about answering them all, and closing off every story arc in a grand fashion. Meanwhile Mass Effect has released all 3 of its games in one decade, played out all its character arcs in full, and even if you didn't like then ending, its was very complete.

People Just don't go for how TLJ/DFC tells a story any more. No reason it couldn't be changed tho going forward.

• Starseeker likes this

#39 tummy ooh aah

tummy ooh aah

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2017 - 21:02

Just want to chime in and express my gratitude about returning to emailed updates for Paypal backers. It's a nice way to keep us involved after the many months of silence...

Still a bit disappointed about never being given the option to upgrade my backer tier level, I understand the headache involved in the process, and if RTG doesn't want my money so be it, but it doesn't stop me from feeling a bit bitter about this. Oh well. Either way it's nice to have some news, even if it is worded in a way that's a bit... flippant.

Anyway, looking forward to the Christmas update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users