Photo

Kickstarter backer exclusive in-game content?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 MDubs

MDubs

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 23:44

Is there in-game content in Dreamfall Chapters that is exclusive to Kickstarter backers?

• Victorplepe likes this

#2 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3538 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:47

Are you asking if there actually is, or if according to the terms of the Kickstarter, there should be?

#3 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 10 October 2017 - 16:55

There were some alternative outfits for Zoe that apparently had already been done, but for the life of us nobody can figure out why we're still not allowed to see them years later. I would humbly suggest it's because they haven't been done at all.

#4 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 19:43

They said this July that the outfits would be ready with the Final Cut. Three months later, and we still don't have them. It's so ridiculous.

But that was the only backer-exclusive content that was ever promised.

• WorldsReunited likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#5 MDubs

MDubs

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 20:01

Are you asking if there actually is, or if according to the terms of the Kickstarter, there should be?

I'm asking if there actually is backer-exclusive content

#6 MDubs

MDubs

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 20:02

They said this July that the outfits would be ready with the Final Cut. Three months later, and we still don't have them. It's so ridiculous.

But that was the only backer-exclusive content that was ever promised.

How would this have been implemented? In DLC? In the physical release?

#7 MDubs

MDubs

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 20:05

According to the "Project Update #107" backer email: "TFC includes the final batch of in-game Kickstarter rewards, including outfit changes and Birthright characters."

#8 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7078 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:27

As far as I know there's no backer exclusive content in the game itself at present, or if there is the backers haven't been told how to access it.

Obligatory disclaimer: I'm just a volunteer moderator, I don't work for RTG or have any special inside info.

• WorldsReunited and agirlnamedbob like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#9 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 21:32

Yeah, I haven't gone back and played TFC yet, but my understanding was outfits and whatever were added, but they're there for everyone. They're not a KS exclusive, though they were pitched that way during the Kickstarter if I remember correctly. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#10 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:01

Wait... I didn't see any option for outfits in the TFC. I thought that was what the whole new system to 'redeem keys' was for. Except they never gave us any keys to us. Ever.

#11 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:04

but my understanding was outfits and whatever were added, but they're there for everyone

If they did add them, they did a bloody good job of making sure you can't use any of them.

• WorldsReunited and CosmicD like this

#12 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:07

Yeah, like I said. Haven't played it so I have no idea if it's in there or how to access it. 

I was more saying that they said they were adding that to The Final Cut and The Final Cut went out to everyone. So... ...If they were added, they wouldn't be exclusive to anyone. 

• WorldsReunited likes this

#13 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 22:11

Yeah, like I said. Haven't played it so I have no idea if it's in there or how to access it. 

I was more saying that they said they were adding that to The Final Cut and The Final Cut went out to everyone. So... ...If they were added, they wouldn't be exclusive to anyone. 

Well, it seemed like the plan to give us the keys for that. But then total silence again... I have not found any way of enabling them otherwise. Or any hint of where they might be.

#14 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:11

Well, it seemed like the plan to give us the keys for that. But then total silence again... I have not found any way of enabling them otherwise. Or any hint of where they might be.

I haven't played the Final Cut all the way through yet, but I thought the plan was that Zoe would be able to change outfits by clicking on the wardrobe in her apartment.  Guess that isn't actually the case?

#15 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2405 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:15

Wait... I didn't see any option for outfits in the TFC. I thought that was what the whole new system to 'redeem keys' was for. Except they never gave us any keys to us. Ever.

The ‘redeem keys’ option has been there for a while now - Book 2? 3? Can’t remember now. And you should have a key in your Humble Account. However, nothing seems to happen if you do put it in. At the time we suspected it might have been a possible way to enable an earlier release of the game for backers, but that never happened, so it might just have been an idea that was never fully implemented.

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#16 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 19:17

I remember the redeem key page being there in the options menu since the initial release of Book One three years ago. I assumed that it would be for the backer exclusive outfit changes. I assumed they were going to send us the keys when they said that the outfits would be in the Final Cut. But then, unsurprisingly, they went dead silent again. How long would it have taken to send the keys to everyone's Humble account, or email them to us, on July 21? Five minutes?

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#17 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 20:36

Really the redeem page has been there for that long? I played each book as it came out, but I guess I must've forgotten about it. Still sucks either way though. I am more annoyed with stuff like the tome of the balance and such than the in-game outfits though.

#18 MDubs

MDubs

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 21:15

Does anyone know what the "Birthright characters" content mentioned in Kickstarter update #107 is supposed to be?

#19 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 21:26

People at a certain KS level got to work with RTG to develop an NPC that would appear in the game. They weren't there in the initial release and were added later in The Final Cut. 

• Ringtail likes this

#20 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 11 October 2017 - 21:37

There's one point where we got a key in HB page which we could add ingame, but I don't think it never really did something. I could add it 3 times and then it says the times I could add it were up :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users