22 replies to this topic

#1 Ravisdavis

Ravisdavis

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 17:10

Anybody receive their boxed copy yet?  Thought they were supposed to be on and gone...?

• AndrewPorce and Victorplepe like this

#2 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:17

No physical goods have been sent out yet at all and we don't as yet have a date for them.

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 September 2017 - 16:58

Well... Arguably we don't know if they've actually started shipping the first wave yet or not. They said they would once they were reasonably certain they'd gotten in touch with everyone on that tier in the last update... But I haven't seen anything official since. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haven't seen anyone posting anywhere about receiving anything though so. Yeah.
  • Edreamer Jamil likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#4 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 01 October 2017 - 00:27

Does that mean that they won't send anything to any backer who doesn't respond to an email? That's...a fragile solution.

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:55

No, I don't think that's it. That would be... insane.

Since they're using backerkit, I believe it's more "We want to make reasonably sure we've reached out and given everyone enough time to update their addresses and resolve any issues before we lock down that particular tier in the system and start the shipping process." That's all stuff that's handled in the backerkit system. 

#6 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 01 October 2017 - 13:10

Yes, that would be the sensible way to go about it. To me, it's not clear from their KS update:

If you backed us at this tier, you should have received an email asking you to confirm your shipping address...

Once we’re reasonably sure we’ve gotten in touch with every backer of this tier, we’ll proceed with the printing and shipping of a couple of thousand game boxes. EEK!

"Asking you to confirm" implies requiring a response. They say they need to be "reasonably sure" so the ambiguity lies in the word "reasonably".

ETA: ok I see now. The confirmation could simply be looking at Backerkit details and saying to oneself "Yep, that's right" without replying to anything. I hope that is what they meant. I guess I interpreted it differently since I've recently been asked to confirm by email for another project. As you were ;)

#7 iamsteve

iamsteve

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 14:27

Things will get delayed and postponed as usual. What do you expect. Really.

#8 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 21:25

The last update was August 17. It is now October and no one has heard anything since then as far as we know. I'm beginning to think we should just give up hoping there will be any reward fulfillment...

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#9 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:55

ETA: ok I see now. The confirmation could simply be looking at Backerkit details and saying to oneself "Yep, that's right" without replying to anything. I hope that is what they meant. I guess I interpreted it differently since I've recently been asked to confirm by email for another project. As you were ;)

Yeah, I mean... don't quote me on anything, but every other Kickstarter I've backed that's used Backerkit has basically sent out an update saying "FYI, we're going to lock down stuff soon for shipping." and then I've gotten an email through Backerkit saying "Hey, this is going to lock down soon, please double check to make sure that your info is up to date." ...And that's that. So. I was working under the assumption that it was the same deal here.

The last update was August 17. It is now October and no one has heard anything since then as far as we know. I'm beginning to think we should just give up hoping there will be any reward fulfillment...

IDK, people at that level did say they got the "Confirm Your Address" email, so... that's more promising than anything we'd gotten for a long time before that. That at least feels like movement. I'm dying for an update, but I haven't quite given up on getting anything at all. More nervous to see what the rewards we get are actually like. :/ 

#10 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3549 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:15

More nervous to see what the rewards we get are actually like. :/ 

And which ones we are actually getting.

#11 Valiah

Valiah

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 06 October 2017 - 18:29

I would recommend looking at the wording in the email to confirm the details rather than the wording in the kickstarter update. If the email says "please verify that the information in backerkit is correct" then I would assume that no action is necessary unless you need to update backerkit. If the email says "please let us know whether the mailing address is correct" or something to that effect, then I would assume some kind of response is required. As I am not at that tier I haven't seen the email. Perhaps someone who received it would be willing to illuminate us?

WARNING: This post may contain opinions, and they might not be yours

#12 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1624 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 06 October 2017 - 19:17

I would recommend looking at the wording in the email to confirm the details rather than the wording in the kickstarter update. If the email says "please verify that the information in backerkit is correct" then I would assume that no action is necessary unless you need to update backerkit. If the email says "please let us know whether the mailing address is correct" or something to that effect, then I would assume some kind of response is required. As I am not at that tier I haven't seen the email. Perhaps someone who received it would be willing to illuminate us?

As someone with an add-on Journeyman physical copy I got an email, august 17th

The wording says they need you to confirm your address on backer-kit. It took under a minute to click and reconfirm, so post September 18th or not, if you still can just do it now. I haven't received anything yet myself, but my Journeyman box was an add-on to a larger pledge.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions regards the wording about not guaranteeing your game will reach your doorstep. I'd take this to mean they can't guarantee it will reach you if your address details are inaccurate

Hello!

A long, long time ago you contributed to the Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter campaign — thank you!

Not so very long ago we released The Final Cut to all backers through Steam, GOG and Humble. You can read more about the new edition here: https://www.kickstar...y/posts/1936877

And now, finally, more good news: we’re getting ready to ship The Final Cut game box to your doorstep. YAY!

HOWEVER, before we can send you the box we need you to log into BackerKit to confirm your shipping address.

(It’s been a while, there’s a good chance you’ve moved. Or changed your name. Or both.)

Luckily, this will be painless. All you need to do is click this link

https://dreamfall.backerkit.com/

and follow the instructions to view (and maybe edit) your shipping info.

If your shipping address is correct, that’s it! Way to go! You rock!

If the address is NOT correct, please make the necessary changes — as soon as possible.

If you haven’t updated your address before Monday, September 18, we can’t guarantee the package will reach your doorstep. Sad faces everywhere :(

We’re super excited to FINALLY be able to send you THE FINAL CUT of Dreamfall Chapters. Please let us know if you have any queries or concerns. We’ll do our very best to assist you!

Peace,

Red Thread GamesHello!

A long, long time ago you contributed to the Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter campaign — thank you!

Not so very long ago we released The Final Cut to all backers through Steam, GOG and Humble. You can read more about the new edition here: https://www.kickstar...y/posts/1936877

And now, finally, more good news: we’re getting ready to ship The Final Cut game box to your doorstep. YAY!

HOWEVER, before we can send you the box we need you to log into BackerKit to confirm your shipping address.

(It’s been a while, there’s a good chance you’ve moved. Or changed your name. Or both.)

Luckily, this will be painless. All you need to do is click this link

https://dreamfall.backerkit.com/

and follow the instructions to view (and maybe edit) your shipping info.

If your shipping address is correct, that’s it! Way to go! You rock!

If the address is NOT correct, please make the necessary changes — as soon as possible.

If you haven’t updated your address before Monday, September 18, we can’t guarantee the package will reach your doorstep. Sad faces everywhere :(

We’re super excited to FINALLY be able to send you THE FINAL CUT of Dreamfall Chapters. Please let us know if you have any queries or concerns. We’ll do our very best to assist you!

Peace,

Red Thread Games

#13 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 October 2017 - 18:54

According to the quoted email, the shipping address update deadline is Monday, September 18, so shipping should hopefully start soon afterward already have started?  :ph34r:

Edited by Mr Moo, 11 October 2017 - 18:55.

#14 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 10 November 2017 - 00:20

At this point I wonder

- are the art pieces and concepts ready for all physical tiers
- is it maybe hard to find a decent production facility who will print and make all these things ? The books, the "cloth map", the jewel cases, etc.. You'd think that because a whole lot of these team members are ex funcom, they'd know their ways. 

I understand there's other games on the way as well, and there has to go alot of story and lore into these announced books like tome of the balance. journey's birth etc... These are works of art on their own merrit and if they only started to do this now, it could take a long production time to get something that is substantial, and also has a nice illustration art. 

If you'd simply have to make a story book of the stuff you have in tlj's enclave library, flesh out the story to a novel: that takes work. Perhaps they're using this time to put effort in all this. 

Because the tome of the balance or journey's birth won't probably have only 3 pages. t has to be substantial to make sense. I reckon there's a lot of work there.

#15 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:33

how long does it take to be 'reasonably sure' ? I was pretty hopeful that we would see the boxed versions at least. Now I tend to think its unliikely we'll see anything further at all reward wise.

#16 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:46

I'm kind of worried that something bad may be happening, like they're running out of money and are scraping by to keep the doors open let alone make the rewards. Because it has been several months. With only one product, they're probably putting all their work into releasing Draugen and Svalbard.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#17 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:54

I would find this increasingly likely. How much more we will hear from RTG at this point is seems somewhat up in the air. I guess if this forum goes down and doesnt come back up, we'll have our answer.

#18 Ravisdavis

Ravisdavis

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:20

But cmon guys and gals this is way past the point of a bad joke. What is it, three months, since we got any sort of hint that this thing might be shipping? And nothing for how long before that? If there are delays, tell us! And why they're happening. I love the games these people make but the way you're treating your customers - WHO HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR YOUR PRODUCT! - is abysmal. Not answering any emails, tweets or requests for information it's like they've got one foot out the door.

#19 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3967 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 12 November 2017 - 13:50

Just to add, i'm a $110 boxed tier backer.
Not been emailed, notified or whatever. Plus obviously not received the boxed game :P
If any of that changes i'll let you know lol

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#20 kla622

kla622

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 21:41

I'm kind of worried that something bad may be happening, like they're running out of money and are scraping by to keep the doors open let alone make the rewards. Because it has been several months. With only one product, they're probably putting all their work into releasing Draugen and Svalbard.

I agree that this seems to be the case, but if the shipping of some game discs (let alone the more elaborate physical rewards) is something that is beyond their current resources, surviving until they will have a sizeable revenue stream again (with the sales of DFC, I assume, winding down) is going to be next to impossible. We haven't seen anything save for some concept art from Draugen, and it was scheduled for release in 2016... I guess it's going to have a smaller scope than DFC, and might not have a large promotion timeframe, but still, I don't see it landing earlier than let's say next Summer... and that's very optimistic. Svalbard is out of the question for probably around 2 years at the minimum  If they can't even afford the shipping at this point, unfortunately it's probably not going to affect a lot in the grand scheme of things.

I wonder if RTG are maybe in talks with investors or a fund provider, and that's why all the silence... to not even hint towards the financial state of the company in public. Because in comparison with the former approachable attitude towards fans and the thorough communication regarding some earlier issues, their current behavior - complete silence broken by the occasional "eeeverything is awesooome"-statement every few months - is downright bizarre.  I'm rooting for them that their financial issues will resolve, and I'm sure all of us do - but I also hope that whatever happens, they realize that they are on the brink of losing the goodwill of their most dedicated customers. And that they will come forward with a sincere explanation or apology if all is said and done.

And I'm not even a backer (which I was very sad about once as I only learnt about the campaign when it already had been finished months before... not so much now), I'm just disappointed in those developers whose work I have been following for so long.

• MisterMetropolis, Tinez and the red of the kin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users