#21 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:28

To be clear, when I talk about "Emma" I mean having her actually in the game. A character model and saying stuff. That's what I get from that tweet. What I don't get from it is "no gallery" since it doesn't say "no gallery". But in retrospect perhaps that is what he was referring to and just didn't want to be clear about it.

#22 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1789 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:38

I agree it doesn't say 'Emma' in the stretch goal its self, but we all know that it refers to.

I just thought it was something that could have been implemented with zero impact on the story, its just a side show. So I don't buy the reasoning that there is no room for it.... clearly there is. Also a holographic Emma talking about the exhibits would have been perfectly appropriate and keeping with the lore, and would solve any Zoe - Emma interaction story line issues.

With the whole collecting the books thing on the other hand, I can understand how there is just no way to make that work. You almost need an RPG style game with massive locations and an ability to return to a location any time to hand the books in. And for what ? unless you can go back there and read them, there would be no real point.

But I guess we'll be doing with out the missing items now. With any luck i'll be admiring my boxed version soon, and that will be that.

then we'll just be waiting for the Wii U version and the oculus rift support :D

#23 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:28

You can easily have the gallery space that was "opening soon" that then opens, and no Emma in any shape or form. But anyway the gallery is the least of the issues.

#24 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:07

Actually Emma was part of the stretch goal. It was said that they looked forward to Zoe catching up with her about what happened in Dreamfall.

I always thought that tweet was interesting because there absolutely was room for her in the story - they already had the exterior of the gallery in the game. They literally made the room for it. Perhaps he meant to say "no room in the budget" which would be more understandable.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#25 iamsteve

iamsteve

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:33

A Richer World (ACHIEVED!)

" ... this goal includes improved graphics, along with an in-game gallery (run by a familiar character) displaying both art made by the team along with the best of all the great fan art out there."

I can see that the concept art gallery is in the Final Cut accessible from the menu. This replaces the in-game gallery from the stretch goal now?

Is the Final Cut the final edition of the game? Any other editions? Will backers that funded the game receive a different edition with all the included stretch goal extras?

What about the Director's Cut with the developer commentary? Has this been given the chop too?

#26 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1789 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:40

I can see that the concept art gallery is in the Final Cut accessible from the menu. This replaces the in-game gallery from the stretch goal now?

Thats the in game library, which when I played it seemed limited to just a few character descriptions.

Is the Final Cut the final edition of the game? Any other editions? Will backers that funded the game receive a different edition with all the included stretch goal extras?

Once the physical dvds are in the post, there can't be any more changes made. And since they have already been made by now.... I would guess not.

What about the Director's Cut with the developer commentary? Has this been given the chop too?

Would seem so.

#27 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1554 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:32

I'm mostly dissapointed with loremaster not being in the game because it was it's own stretchgoal. Wouldn't it be relatively easy to make a gamemode where you can play the game, and books are scattered over the game worlds to find, each with their story, and then you bring them all to the enclave with the help of a shifter, and then when you catch them all it opens up an easter egg room, or something.

• the red of the kin likes this

#28 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1789 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 16:57

Wouldn't it be relatively easy to make a gamemode where you can play the game, and books are scattered over the game worlds to find

I would say no, it would be impossible. Unfortunately. To move between one place and another you need to complete story elements. And you can't go back to the Library after that.

Even a sort of sandbox mode would be really poor. It wouldn't make much sense to just be doled out a map where you click to go from The rooster and kitten to the top of the purple mountains as Kian to back check for books... who would you do the wandering around with Zoe or Kian ? Zoe completes an A to B journey, then vanishes back to Arcadia. She spends most of her time in Stark.

You only have one 'hub' place in Arcadia to walk freely around in too, the other locations wouldn't be there for you to walk around in, and the books would pretty much have to be laying around in the open. The other locations were pretty much, push forward to continue areas. Plus there are no areas in-between (Which I think was the original vision. To be able to walk around the northlands some what, and for you to do the travelling between locations, with other points of interest to be found if you searched for them).
But it wasnt to be and whole game just wasn't designed to fulfil that entire stretch goal IMHO.

If you had a Mass Effect, GTA or Boarderlands style of questing, it could have been done. But DFC is a very A to B to C... story.

• Valiah likes this

#29 Z43

Z43

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:09

I'm just glad the game was finished and released at all. I had already given up around 2010. Think it already made its way on some vaporware lists.

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#30 Phoenix

Phoenix

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 September 2017 - 14:52

Also glad the game was finished but a bit antsy about the physical stuff. I don't mind have to wait for it but a bit of concept art or prototypes would be nice just to help us see progress and not feel as in the dark as we currently do. There was more communication during the games prod than we are currently getting and I think it's just got people on edge. A nice breakdown of where they are and whats still left to do (without any dates ofc) would help put some people at ease because, like with the gallery, there are a few things that the backers are unclear on why/if changes were made to them.

#31 Minstrum-Squall

Minstrum-Squall

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 September 2017 - 15:25

I would say, there is 10 % of luck that we receive all the "presents physical" 20 % of luck for the incomplete presents.

1507425932-signature-rage.png

#32 ChibiNiko

ChibiNiko

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSvalbard

Posted 15 September 2017 - 15:35

Any word on when we can expect shipping for backer tiers above 120 dollars?

• hwboy4, Nanoloque and Minstrum-Squall like this

#33 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 18:21

Three years since Book One and three months since the Final Cut. Still no signs of life.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#34 Kardn

Kardn

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:27

Hm, there is no sign of life from the devs. Nothing on twitter regarding sending, shipping or DFC news.

Changing Cloths, Library and other things promised are still missing. Wouldn't mind, if it got scraped but a note or some communication with the fans would have been good.

In the end I wouldn't pledge 125$ again.

• MisterMetropolis, Mr_Russ and Nanoloque like this

#35 mentrei

mentrei

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 00:41

Any news? 

#36 Kardn

Kardn

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:00

Nope, nothing :( 

"It’s been four freakin’ years, but it’s really happening. We’re super excited to FINALLY be able to

send you THE FINAL CUT of Dreamfall Chapters. Thanks for keeping the faith and for having

oodles of patience with us: we really appreciate it. We have spent most of our waking hours the

last four years working on or thinking about Dreamfall Chapters and our backers. It’s been a real

trip. We’ll miss it. We’ll miss you. Please keep in touch."

That is the last word we heard... 

We kept in touch and asked. But no news...

#37 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 20:25

Tweeting them doesn't work either.

I've resigned my hopes to just "Well, I'm sure I'll get an email if they ever decide to actually start shipping in the next few years."

#38 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 17:56

I'm afraid, Kardn, that most of their missives are full of PR bollocks.

#39 ShardofTruth

ShardofTruth

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 22:59

So it's been another three months now. Any news on the topic of the missing digital and physical rewards? Are they scrapped and what about that new game projects like Draugen and Svalbard?

• MisterMetropolis likes this

#40 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:31

So it's been another three months now. Any news on the topic of the missing digital and physical rewards? Are they scrapped and what about that new game projects like Draugen and Svalbard?

As of November 17, "we're working on it":

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rewards, shipping, boxes, physical rewards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users